Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 7:30:20 AM EDT
I posted this message in another thread before I realized it was a 2+ year old thread so I thought I'd post it in it's own thread.

I visited a gun shop a couple days ago looking for AR15 pricing and inquired about getting a stripped lower (my plan is to build my first AR). The dealer said that some law is going into effect next month that limits or eliminates the ability to buy a stripped lower receiver. Is there any basis to this? I've scanned the legal threads here and don't see anything about it (I would expect it in big bold letters somewhere), so did the guy misunderstand my question, is he totally out in left field, or is there something to be concerned about here?

Thanks for any info!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
He is FOS
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice way of saying "Buy my rifle, don't assemble one yourself and save $$$".
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd tell him that he was full of Bullshit!  I would also let him know that I would be telling everyone I know about his dishonesty.  Be sure you tell him to kiss any of your money goodbye.

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quick....Visit the EE and buy as many as you can afford,then sit back and watch them turn into complete weapons!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps he was confused about the ATF import restrictions on "repair/replacement" receivers that was originally going to kick in in September, but has been postponed until January.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Perhaps he was confused about the ATF import restrictions on "repair/replacement" receivers that was originally going to kick in in September, but has been postponed until January.

What will be affected by this import restriction?  Who imports AR receivers and would a new receiver fall under this restriction since it isn't technically a repair/replacement?

Thanks to all for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
As fas an an AR goes, the import ban ban doens't effect anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top