Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/6/2002 4:48:36 AM EST
I understand that the Stricker 12 was reclassified as a destructive device. I was not aware of this. What is the process for re-registering or making these legal??
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:50:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/6/2002 5:55:06 AM EST by drfcolt]
The registration period for the Striker and Street Sweeper was over on April 1, 2001. They can no longer be registered and an un-registered one is considered contraband by the BATF. I think their are tricks you can do that have to do with removing the barrel and drum or something like that - but that's about all I know. But as it stands it is an illegal un-registered NFA weapon which cannot be registered. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. Sorry for the bad news. BTW, you may want to ANONYMOUSLY ask over on subguns.com. I'm sure you'll get a more complete story from those folks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:03:44 PM EST
its my understanding that one can still reg one but u have to file a form 1 and pay the tax the amenysty registration period that ended on april 1 2001 was for a TAX WAVED registration.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:39:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 3:44:52 PM EST by drfcolt]
Originally Posted By cyrax777: its my understanding that one can still reg one but u have to file a form 1 and pay the tax the amenysty registration period that ended on april 1 2001 was for a TAX WAVED registration.
View Quote
Yea, I saw a new one for sale by a Class 3 guy at a gun show. The 1986 law only affected MG's, so I guess it would be OK. In fact, I think RAMO builds USAS-12's (also reclassified) and sells them to SOTs for resale. They quit selling them to us mortals. [url]www.ramo.com/weapons/usas12.shtml[/url] How would the Form 1 thing work in a unregistered one? Would you take the drum/barrel off, registered the receiver, and "build" it by "finding" a suitable drum/barrel? Be interesting to know the mechanics of making one legal.
Top Top