Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:56:07 PM EDT
...it's what has made our country great. Why is it so hard to find leaders who will stand up and fix what is wrong with this country?? I have no problem with immigration as long as it's done LEGALLY! I don't mind paying my fair share of taxes as long as they are used to fix what needs fixing, (i.e. roads, schools, etc...), and not to support some fat ass ghetto whore or some trailer park slut churning out kids faster than her kids fathers lose thier jobs. I'm sick to death of our current two party system with it's waste and corruption. I have never been a very political person and have voted both Democrat and Republican in the past. Now, I'm just fed up and frustrated with the way things are going on both sides of the political fence. Is it too much to ask for someone to stand up for us, the American people, and put our interests first?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:03:18 PM EDT
I couldn't agree more, but unfortunately people like us are in the minority (In this country, not on this website)
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:19:03 PM EDT

I'm starting an experiment soon, where I will start compaigning for my first eligible presidential election in 2016. I will spread my name using the Internet. I don't want to hold any office beforehand, the reason being, which is probably the answer to your questions is that I believe people get into politics for the right reason, but then when they "get there" so to speak, they realize that if the want to get one thing done, they have to compromise on something else. This inevitably leads to them playing political games, then they start worrying about re-election. So... why not have a President who never held office, who won't care about playing games. I haven't quite figured out all the ins and outs of it how I'm going to do it, but I will be posting my voting history, so everyone will know how I "would" have voted... though I have a bigger hurdle of showing that I'm qualified without holding an office aforehand.

Politics corrupts, even those with good intentions when they start.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:49:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hksnyper:
I'm starting an experiment soon, where I will start compaigning for my first eligible presidential election in 2016. I will spread my name using the Internet. I don't want to hold any office beforehand, the reason being, which is probably the answer to your questions is that I believe people get into politics for the right reason, but then when they "get there" so to speak, they realize that if the want to get one thing done, they have to compromise on something else. This inevitably leads to them playing political games, then they start worrying about re-election. So... why not have a President who never held office, who won't care about playing games. I haven't quite figured out all the ins and outs of it how I'm going to do it, but I will be posting my voting history, so everyone will know how I "would" have voted... though I have a bigger hurdle of showing that I'm qualified without holding an office aforehand.

Politics corrupts, even those with good intentions when they start.

Hell, the way things are going now, you got my vote!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:43:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By s1rGr1nG0:
...it's what has made our country great. Why is it so hard to find leaders who will stand up and fix what is wrong with this country?? I have no problem with immigration as long as it's done LEGALLY! I don't mind paying my fair share of taxes as long as they are used to fix what needs fixing, (i.e. roads, schools, etc...), and not to support some fat ass ghetto whore or some trailer park slut churning out kids faster than her kids fathers lose thier jobs. I'm sick to death of our current two party system with it's waste and corruption. I have never been a very political person and have voted both Democrat and Republican in the past. Now, I'm just fed up and frustrated with the way things are going on both sides of the political fence. Is it too much to ask for someone to stand up for us, the American people, and put our interests first?

Because they're all on the take.

Them first, you last.
Top Top