Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2001 8:38:58 AM EDT
Anyone ever have or ride one of those old yamaha RD 350's or 400's?  They look like a fun bike.  I have heard that on the 350 it was easier to pull the front wheel up (then on the 400) is this true, what it just the weight distribution?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoever told you that is full of it.
The RD350 was underpowered and it handeled like there was a gate hinge in the middle of the frame. The RD400 had more power and better brakes, it also handeled like it had a gate hinge in the middle of the frame.
The last year of the RD400 (in the USA) was the best of the series. It was the RD400 Daytona Special. It had better suspension, wheels, brakes and engine. It could never be called a "great" handeling motorcycle though.
I owned an RD400 and a Daytona Special. Both of those bikes would wheelie with no problems in first and second gear.
Unless you are buying it real cheap or you have money, time, tools, and are mechanicly inclined, I would not buy one for transportation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top