Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:09:01 PM EDT
Chubby Pooch Missing Since March POSTED: 4:06 p.m. EDT May 18, 2003 AUBURN, Ala. -- Stray dogs show up all the time around Auburn University in Alabama. They don't usually belong 800 miles away in Kansas. But that was the case with Norman, a beagle who wandered away from his home in Solomon, Kan., in March. He showed up on the Auburn campus Friday. If he walked all the way, he'd have had to average about 20 miles a day. Staffers checked the dog's collar and found a tag with the name of his Kansas hometown on it. They called City Hall in Solomon, and the astounded city clerk recognized their description of the chubby beagle. Norman's owner, Jennifer Cross, says she was crying too hard to keep on teaching her class after she got the news that her dog had been found. The Crosses hadn't planned to take a vacation this year, but now it looks like they'll be driving to Alabama to fetch Norman.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:50:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:53:01 PM EDT
I nominate this "Post of the Day" I love dogs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:55:08 PM EDT
<----- Shoot! 800 miles ain't nuthin'!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:57:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno: <----- Shoot! 800 miles ain't nuthin'!!
View Quote
So how far have you gone Johnny?[:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:58:56 PM EDT
I don't believe it! Somebody picked that dog up and kept it for a while, possibly a hunter. The dog was gone for 2 months, walked 800 miles and was still a "chubby beagle." No way!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:11:04 PM EDT
Some husband is sitting at home tonight thinking, "I knew I should have shot that damn dog!"
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:12:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ar10er:
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno: <----- Shoot! 800 miles ain't nuthin'!!
View Quote
So how far have you gone Johnny?[:D]
View Quote
He hasn't gone far lately. Not since I learned to keep the keys up out of his reach.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:18:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:23:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: Some husband is sitting at home tonight thinking, "I knew I should have shot that damn dog!"
View Quote
And there is a Kansas jackrabbit hiding in the bushes at Auburn University thinking "I thought I'd never ditch that damn beagle"
View Quote
Or, is the rabit breathing hard in Seattle, think he would never shake that dog?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:27:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:16:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2003 7:19:07 PM EDT by zonan]
As a beagle owner, I can confidently say that beagles are crazy. Mine likes to eat those big crunchy "june bugs" (I don't know the technical term). A couple nights ago he puked up miscellaneous parts of about 10 of them. The very next night he was outside crunching on them again. *crunch* *crunch* Those things make me shudder.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:21:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Chubby Pooch Missing Since March They called City Hall in Solomon, and the astounded city clerk recognized their description of the chubby beagle.
View Quote
Fat-assed dog jumped in someones vehicle lookin' fer a snack, I'll wager!
Norman's owner, Jennifer Cross, says she was crying too hard to keep on teaching her class after she got the news that her dog had been found.
View Quote
NEA members.......any excuse to go to shit. How much sympathy would this evoke if it was a [b]kitten[/b]? [;D]
The Crosses hadn't planned to take a vacation this year, but now it looks like they'll be driving to Alabama to fetch Norman.
View Quote
I'm freaking touched. Why can't the mutt get back on his own!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:03:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86:
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Chubby Pooch Missing Since March
Norman's owner, Jennifer Cross, says she was crying too hard to keep on teaching her class after she got the news that her dog had been found.
View Quote
NEA members.......any excuse to go to shit. How much sympathy would this evoke if it was a [b]kitten[/b]? [;D] Lots from me, Paper loves kitties! Meow
Top Top