Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:55:55 PM EDT
Ok, I work at a local appliance and eletronics store as a repairman and installer for appliances, as well as some deliveries.  It's not uncommon to get a tip now and then, $5.00 here, $10.00 there, a 20 now and then, even $100.00 this Christmas for a delivery of a Kegerator.

But today, I got my best tip ever for installing a cooktop and rangehood.  The guy's a Sgt. in the local PD, ok he's the ONLY Sgt., he's also a avid hunter and gunnut, so of course we start talking about guns.  While I'm installing the rangehood he starts asking if I shoot certain calibers.  Then he disappears for a minute and comes back with a bag.

He pulls out a box of .303 British and throws it into my tool bag and says he'll bring a bunch more ammo down to the store once he digs out the stuff that he doesn't shoot anymore but I do.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
That is sweet, my honorary uncle kept all the ammo from his days in the PD and gives me what he does not need.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
"all days are good, some are better, everyday is a holiday"

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a good tip: If Jerry Springer's on your Caller ID, don't answer the phone!
Another: No good ever came from a free back stage pass to the Maury Paouvitch Show.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I've received free food once, and the occasional cash tips from people who have been especially happy with my work (freelance carpentry/painting/landscaping).  I would be one happy mofo if I got the gift of ammo for a job well done (especially .303 Brit, since it's getting expensive and hard to find)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I got tipped with some mags, .308 and .556. for shooting some video of a D-Day airborne vet doing a jump.

I refused payment for the video so his buds came across with some stuff I couldnt refuse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top