Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/6/2004 2:04:06 PM EST
2 weeks ago I saw the latest MC with Denzel. I walked away feeling how much the character Raymond Shaw reminded me of John Kerry...a pumped up "war hero".

Well today, I was watching the original MC with Frank Sinatra.

There is a scene where Shaw's mother (Angela Lansbury) and step-father (James Gregory) are trying to agree on the "number of Communists that have infiltrated the government", because the number they discuss keeps changing.

Shaw's step-father is shaking a bottle of HEINZ ketchup, they do a close-up of the label. They show Angela Lansbury looking down at the label. Next scene, James Gregory is saying, "There are exactly 57 Communists..............".

Reminded of Kerry in the new one.

Reminded of Heinz-Kerry in the original.

Too damn coincidental for me.

Whatcha' think?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:05:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By LABLOVER:
2 weeks ago I saw the latest MC with Denzel. I walked away feeling how much the character Raymond Shaw reminded me of John Kerry...a pumped up "war hero".

Well today, I was watching the original MC with Frank Sinatra.

There is a scene where Shaw's mother (Angela Lansbury) and step-father (James Gregory) are trying to agree on the "number of Communists that have infiltrated the government", because the number they discuss keeps changing.

Shaw's step-father is shaking a bottle of HEINZ ketchup, they do a close-up of the label. They show Angela Lansbury looking down at the label. Next scene, James Gregory is saying, "There are exactly 57 Communists..............".

Reminded of Kerry in the new one.

Reminded of Heinz-Kerry in the original.

Too damn coincidental for me.

Whatcha' think?

No surprise there...Kerry IS a communist...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:05:51 PM EST
There is no question that the movie was released during the election year purposefully, but anything beyond that is coincidence.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:11:47 PM EST
I'll be damned.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:13:04 PM EST
[keanuu]Whoa![/keanuu]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:14:07 PM EST
[keanuu]Whoa![/keanuu]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:26:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 2:27:54 PM EST by AZMAN-1]

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
[keanuu]Whoa![/keanuu]

Man I just had Daja vu all over again!!

Ah shit !! I just wasted 1K on this!!!