Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2002 4:09:33 PM EDT
I developed this rash that looks like poison oak about a week ago and I have no idea where it came from. So, last night my dad called and said he heard about it on the Art Bell show. Hmm...Art Bell...Anyway, so today I heard on the news that there is a strange rash going around and it's been reported in at least 14 states. It seems to affect mostly school children. I gess I picked it up from my niece or nephew.

So, quite a few scenarios are floating around in my noggin.

1. It's just a fluke; some kind of natural, flu-like thing that's nothing to worry about.

2. The CIA is in cahoots with the CDC and are running some kind of epidemiological simulation to track the spread of a mostly benign virus. I heard they did this a couple of times in the 60's.

3. Terrorists have planted a mostly benign virus in the US to show the potential for infection and if we don't do what they want the next dose will contain smallpox.

So, am I nuts, or what? Maybe I better shut up go back to cleaning the new Springfield 1911 I picked up yesterday. :)
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a "strange rash" once.  It turned out to be related to a hooker off post.

Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I'ld say #4.So, am I nuts, or what? Maybe I better shut up go back to cleaning the new Springfield 1911 I picked up yesterday. :)
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm i wonder if this rash is related to the new ninja spotted by The_Beer_Slayer.... [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I should have expected as much from you smart asses. [pissed]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a small epidemic of Fifths Disease going around. Causes mild rash and flu like symptoms. My niece just got diagnosed by her doctor with it today.

Check it out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]
El Chupacabra!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Chupacarba!  

I thought only Puerto Rican grandmothers believed in the Chupacabra.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is a small epidemic of Fifths Disease going around. Causes mild rash and flu like symptoms. My niece just got diagnosed by her doctor with it today.

Check it out.
View Quote

Thanks! Well, I'm not pregnant so I guess I don't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you sure you're not pregnant?

We're living in the "Post-Klinton Age" you know.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
El Chupacabra - Means "the goat sucker" in Spanish.

Named because of the way it sucked all the blood from Puerto Rican goats, the Chupacabra has been leaving fear in its tracks for many years now.

First spotted in Puerto Rico in 1994, the Chupacabra has since migrated off the island and has recently been spotted in many locations including South America as well as the US. Although it was named because of its choice of goat-blood as a meal, the Chupacabra has reportedly attacked and devoured the blood of a wide variety of animals including dogs and sheep. As far as we know, there have yet to be any human fatalities.

Due to the distinct technique the strange animal has of killing its prey, it is very easy to tell if the Chupacabra was involved in an animals death. Animals are found with puncture wounds in their neck and most of their blood removed. Often, the victim's organs have disappeared even though the only wound is a small hole in the animal's neck. Reports of laser-like cuts on the victim's ears are also common.

Although some people say they have seen the Chupacabra's tracks, in many cases there are no signs of blood or tracks around the dead animals.

Appearance

It is hard to describe the appearance of El Chupacabra because sightings greatly differ. Most say it is either gray or green. Some say it has a large lizard-like tongue, others say it has wings.

A bipedal creature (one that stands upright like a human), the Chupacabra has had many sightings where its height was reported to be anywhere from 3 and 6 feet tall. Some say it walks, some say it flies, and some say it has a kangaroo hop.

See our labeled drawing of El Chupacabra by hitting this link.

Where did it come from?

Like the descriptions of El Chupacabras' appearance, people's ideas of its origin widely vary. Many say it's a new species, or a relative to the panther. More eccentric scholars say it is a dinosaur or an alien. Another theory is that there is a portal to another dimension that stretches from Puerto Rico across to South America.

Our theory is that an alien spacecraft contained El Chupacabras' as pets or for study, and they somehow escaped during an accident, or a crash. You might have your own
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]
There have been recent news reports of this "rash" among school children in Oregon too. Baffeling to the medicos.....Draw your own conclusions on the cause.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread has gone from WHACKY to WORSE.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a weird rash a few weeks ago.  I had moved some oak fence boards from our neighbors pasture to our yard.  I had my M65 field jacket on so there is no way anything could have touched my elbow.  Well a few hours later my right elbow and about 3" towards my hand broke out in a rash.  Nothing had happened like that before.  It was different than poison ivy or oak.  Red bumps.  I took some benedryl and after a day or two, they were mostly gone.  Dunno what it was.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:55:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Good luck!
(Now if you want to know the real skinny on this one, get in touch with DJbump. He's come to some rather insightful deductions. But don't mention my name! I wish to remain anonymous...)
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Goodness gracious me, now what is this?? More "wacko" stuff???

Rash turns up in Dallas-area schools

The Associated Press
3/2/02 11:39 AM

DALLAS, Ore. (AP) -- A mysterious rash that hit nearly 200 students in Yamhill and Jackson counties has appeared at three schools in Dallas, health officials confirmed.

Seven people -- five students and two employees -- were diagnosed with the rash at five different locations in the Dallas School District, said David Novotney, district superintendent.

Novotney sent letters home with all 3,300 students Thursday afternoon, the same day the Polk County Health Department confirmed the cases.

The cases all appeared in elementary schools and all the students but one were female. Novotney said the district does not plan to do environmental testing.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a report Friday, saying it had found no cause for the rash, which does not appear to be dangerous.

Similar rashes have appeared in 14 states since October. In Oregon, there have been about 180 confirmed cases from four schools in Jackson County and Yamhill County.

Chapman Elementary School Principal Tim Graham doesn't expect many students to show up when school reopens Monday following environmental testing.

The Sheridan school was closed for a total of five days after about 70 students and four teachers got a red, itchy rash.

"I predict we will have a 60 percent attendance rate Monday. I hope it will be higher than that," he said. "I hope this will just be a temporary setback."

Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#17]
What the?! For the past week and a half or so I've had this weird rash on my leg. At first it was this weird non-colored bump, and later it became red and looked like bug bites. When it started to spread out a bit I started to take some anti-biotics in case it was a bacterial infection. That did little, so I went to the doc and he said it looked like poison oak and prescribed a topical thing for it even though I said I hadn't been anywhere that would make me pick it up (although anything's possible). That has helped a bit but it's still there... Now I'm kinda freaked out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#18]
its related to the chem trails.[%|]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I had an AG from Puerto Rico that Swore that he had seen a Chupacabra{sp}as a child.  I can't remember if that's what he called it, but years later I saw one of those unsolved mysteries type shows about it, and realized it was the same thing. Who knows?
AIRBORNE!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#22]
There have been several cases of rashes on children around here that have not been "normal" childhood rashes.....go figure.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually I had a small rash on my right hand about 1 month ago, it stayed for 4 days then was gone. Everyone is also caughing. Its funny, I probably never noticed it before but all the people I know are caughing. Nothing much just a small uncongested dry caugh.  I hear it on the radio, I hear it on TV, and around everyone I know.  I have heard more people caughing lately than I have since I had asthma so many years ago.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Is it theoretically possible to have a biowar weapon that is delivered in 2 phases?  Component 1 would only have the symptoms of a mild infection, while allowing carriers to spread the virus/bacteria which then later goes dormant. Component 2 could then be released at a future date which would lower the immunity of those first infected and reactivate the primary virus/bacteria resulting in serious smallpox/ebola type effects.

This is the kind of stuff you see in movies, but truth is becoming stranger than fiction.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:21:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:19:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[b]Common Misconceptions about Biological Weapons[/b];

Rarely used in past, so won’t be used in future.
Will not be used because use is morally repugnant.
Production and dispersion too technically difficult.
Potential destructiveness unthinkable and so dismissed.

[b]Realities of Biological Terrorism and Warfare[/b];

Use more likely than ever and more threatening than conventional weapons.
Official actions to prevent are marginally funded and supported.
Agents easy to obtain and are inexpensive.
Detection or interdiction next to impossible.
View Quote

Just want to add one to your "realities" above Osprey;
Children likely more vulnerable than those with stronger immune systems....
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Actually I had a small rash on my right hand about 1 month ago, it stayed for 4 days then was gone.
View Quote

Had that back at the time of the anthrax mailings. Became irritated immediately upon opening some mail. Someone attributed it to the post office spraying stuff to nuetralize the anthrax. Who knows, I guess we're all gonners.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:47:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Chupacarba!  

View Quote

Don't doubt him like that. Sorry bud but you're NEXT on El Chupacabra's list!

Didn't you ever see that X-Files? I remember when X-Files used to be good....alright I should go back to bed...

Robby
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chupacarba!  

View Quote

Don't doubt him like that. Sorry bud but you're NEXT on El Chupacabra's list!

Didn't you ever see that X-Files? I remember when X-Files used to be good....alright I should go back to bed...

Robby
View Quote

Damn, I thought it was "chalupacabra" and y'all were talking about me!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#30]
 Imbroglio, anything is possible with gene splicing, although a binary bio weapon is definitely 'out there.'  Still I believe it is some sort of experiment, to determine who is at risk and how rapidly a bio weapon would spread.  It may even originate with the terrs, as well as anyone else.  I find it disturbing, as I have never heard of 'fifth disease.'
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#31]
It's the Contrails!![%|]

Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top