Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 8:57:06 PM EDT
Today Im at home and go to cut my hair, I hear a sound like a door closing so I put down my clippers and grab the AK.  Now I know the door was locked I locked it after getting the mail a few hours before search the house and nothing.  No AC or anything on to change airflow and I had all the doors closed except for the room I was in and room across the call.

Does anyone else have this kind of wierd stuff happen to them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Its no biggie. They are friendly ghosts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Spooks
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Does anyone else have this kind of wierd stuff happen to them.

No man...its just you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah my place was built in 1830.  Makes all sorts of noises.

Plenty of chances to practice midnight room-clearing tactics in my underpants YEEHAAA!

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Light a candle  and make sure there is no moving air and see if it starts "dancing"
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Toss in a grenade, count to ten, then make your entry.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#7]
 Yeah, I have things like that happen too.  I will wake up and find the lock on my bedroom (one that locks only on the inside) un-latched.  Also, lights will sometimes turn off- my TVs will be on when I get home from the store or where ever sometimes.  Just weird things.  I don't know what to make of it.  I don't really believe in ghosts, I guess its demonic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Today Im at home and go to cut my hair

That's a great beginning to a story.  
Almost anything can happen from this point forward.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#9]
That was me...sorry.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Kick each door open, empty a 30 rounder into it.

I always like to "soften up" a room before I enter it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Today Im at home and go to cut my hair

That's a great beginning to a story.  
Almost anything can happen from this point forward.

Just trying to list things as how it happened.  I didnt turn on my electrc clippers until I searched the house I didnt want to let it know I was there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Kick each door open, empty a 30 rounder into it.

I always like to "soften up" a room before I enter it.

I had the 75 rounder on there just incase.

I told you Sarge I hid my stash where you arent gonna find it nomatter how hard you look.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I know some one who turned down there haul and saw a guy and yelled at him he turned around and the guy doing the yelling said he took off an locked a door. LMAO I guess it would scare the shit out of me two if I saw a ghost.

Well any how, he has some family staying at his house while hes out for active duty, and the little kid said he saw an old man when he was taking a piss.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
you might want to start wearing body armor and a cup. i think that dalmation is testing the perimiter. run.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#15]
About 6 months ago I kept hearing voices in my daughter's room. I would hear someone talking to her and when I went in the room was empty. Freaked me out to high hell. I didn't want to tell anyone because...hello...I was hearing voices. And it seemed it was always when I was alone in the house.

Took me 4 freaking months to realize my baby monitor was picking up our neighbour's monitor!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
About 6 months ago I kept hearing voices in my daughter's room. I would hear someone talking to her and when I went in the room was empty. Freaked me out to high hell. I didn't want to tell anyone because...hello...I was hearing voices. And it seemed it was always when I was alone in the house.

Took me 4 freaking months to realize my baby monitor was picking up our neighbour's monitor!!

Hahaha, keep telling your self that
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Mental illness might be settling in.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I've had weird stuff happening (people walking up my stairs) when I'm alone. It could be spooks, or your imagination, or perhaps God is telling you not to cut your own hair.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LOL my daughter's baby monitor scared me more than once late at night. I guess the lack of sleep you get with babies adds to the effect. It took me a while to figure out what I kept hearing upstairs too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#21]
... These topics are of great amusement to me.

... Because there’s no FVCKING WAY IN HELL am I gonna let some unscientific notion guide my lifestyle

… Period
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I really dont like stuff going off in my sleep.  I have alot of trouble sleeping and stuff like voices and music will have me jumping out of bed thinking the world is going to end.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I really dont like stuff going off in my sleep.  I have alot of trouble sleeping and stuff like voices and music will have me jumping out of bed thinking the world is going to end.

It would probably take the end of the world to wake me up.
I sleep through alarm clocks set at obnoxious levels.
Drives my wife crazy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#24]
How'd the hair cut turn out?
Do you look like The Beaver, when Wally cut his hair when he got gum in it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How'd the hair cut turn out?
Do you look like The Beaver, when Wally cut his hair when he got gum in it?

I just use the 1/8th guard all the way around, have to do it every few weeks.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I hear you can pick up aliens and UFOs on those too!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Everytime the hubby and I hear strange noises around the house, I say, "Oh! Oh! Old man Lilley's ghost is here.".  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Just think Casper the friendly ghost is there to sell you ghost-scout cookies.

I don't really believe in "ghosts".... But I do believe that there are things in this world that are not necessarily alive. Something like in The Others, where they were in limbo...? I have seen "Ghosts" before though. And they weren't all human.
Only one has ever actually spoken to me, but the words didn't come from his mouth, they were just, there. The rest all had a blank stare that almost seemed like they were expecting something of me. Then there was the non-dog... It was one evil mother******. Anyone ever see Pet Cemetery 2? Remember Zowie?.... Think 3 times worse. And it looked somewhat like it, only much more evil. It was ALWAYS out after sundown, but stayed hidden somehow and whenever I was out on foot or a open vehicle (bicycle/dirt bike/etc) it was there, following me, gaining whenever I wasn't looking... when I was looking at it, it kept going at the same speed, but when I'd look away then at it again, it would be noticeably closer. I couldn't stand to look at it, it's eyes and the fear it put in me was too much. Whenever I was in a car I felt like it was near and waiting for me to get out (you know when your hair stands up and you have that gut feeling and you feel like eyes are on you). I hated it, I knew it wasn't with the living and that it had bad intentions. The last time I saw it was maybe in '02. I hated that thing.

There used to be a "monk" (cloak included) that lived in this town in a house he built, back before anyone else lived here. It's an odd looking house (I should get a few pictures of it with the next disposable camera I get - digital's not working). He had a little hut built for the goats he had. He had a faithful (to him alone, very mean to others) dog like the non-dog, only normal looking. There's a large brick fireplace, two stories, high ceilings, and what looks like a two level floor - or hidden room. He was a mean person but kept to himself. He died in his house when it went up in flames. There was a knife found in the same general area on the floor, where he was. The fire started where he was. There were no goats outside anywhere - their remains were found inside a few feet from him. No dog was found. I don't remember too much about the details (sorry). People had suspicions that he was a Demon worshiper. I believe he was doing some kind of (final?) ritual and the goats were part of it... He sacrifices the goats, says a few magic words, does something to the dog, sets himself on fire somehow, place goes up in flames.?..... He enters the dog. Dog changes to a pure evil appearance. Haunts town for 30+ years. Then just up and disappears??? Did he finally accomplish whatever his goals were?... Then was accepted into hell as one of Lucifer's demons?? I don't know.... Just my thoughts on it. But I think I'm right.

Anyone ever see that movie with Denzel Washington and John Goodman?..... Uh, Fallen. It was about the spirit and how when you die, you have the amount of time of a breath to enter a new body, before you are taken to Heaven/Hell. Since the breath only lasts so long, the body must be fairly near to you.
A sort of soul transference to another carrier, done by use of evil scripture or what have you. Evil cannot bring back to life what is dead.... but it can keep it from dieing.?

Even if I had any kind of weapon, you name it, when it was 'after' me... I wouldn't dare try to face it. Maybe it knew the fear it instilled in me, maybe I was it's goal?? I just put as much distance/barricades between me and it for as long as I could.... Maybe it failed it's goal, and was sent to Hell for punishment? And it didn't succeed...... Hmmm, maybe..... That does fit more appropriately as to how I still feel as though it's watching me from time to time. Maybe it's waiting for revenge, for me to do something so evil that I'm condemned to Hell...... Oh shit.... I think I figured it out! I was to be it's next carrier! No wonder it never just ran me down, or jumped me and killed me....... it wanted my body, and a dead one is of no use!!! Holy shit, I figured it out.... but what was so special about me? Genetics? Aesthetics? Birth date? What???...... Well, damn. I've got research to do.

(PS, this is the most I've thought about this thing in some time) WOW. Sometimes I think I'm
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I woke up one night, hearing a "thump thump thump" noise coming from the hallway just outside the bedroom door. Armed with my trusty 870 I quietly peeked out the door. There it was again - "thump thump thump". I got this weird cold chill feeling, and I'll admit, some fear as well. It sounded like it was right in front of me, yet I couldn't see anything silouetted in the light coming down the hall from the kitchen night light. "Thump thump thump".  This time my skin was crawling. I slowly stepped out the door, and was just about to rack the slide, when I hear "YELP!!!!" coming from directly under me!

That scared the crap out of me!

It was my damn dog having an apparently enjoyable dream. His tail was wagging in his sleep, thus the "thump thump" noise...  He's black and was laying in a shadowy place, and I just never bothered to look down! He normally sleeps in the living room - not sure why he chose to sleep there in the hall that night.

For a minute there, I almost believed in ghosts. Not before or since though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:55:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Spooks

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#31]
My basement door leading out of the house is directly under my bedroom window.  Last winter, I'm sound asleep and hear CRASH right under the window.  I get out of bed w/ the .45 and run downstairs.  Around the corner in the basement where I can see the door and all the glass if fine.  A little more investigating of the windows and everything looks fine.  What the hell.  Now it's 6 am and I'm still looking around.  Finally, I go over to the door and look out to find a big pile of ice outside the door.  Damn melting icicles making me afraid.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Mail?  Check
Clippers?  Check
AK?  Roger

All set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top