Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 9:31:09 AM EDT
Got back from shooting this afternoon and stopped at a friends house. He pulls out a piston operated Bushmaster AR. Looks similar to a AR-180. Crazyist looking thing I've ever seen. Sheetmetal upper, wood forearm, A1 buttstock,3 prong flashider, milled lower, takes standard m16 mags, 3 position selector with a B on it ect....serial #F00xxx. Its in VG condition. Any info would be appreciated. Its got Bushmaster stamped all over it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
It is the old Bushmaster rifle that they made in the 70's and 80's before they got into the AR business.  It was an offshoot from their arm-pistol line.  I saw one of these rifles at a gunstore not long ago. It was not what you would call a prepossessing piece of hardware.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
called "Bushmaster Assault Rifle" it got banned on name alone, regardless of it's evil features.
[img]http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/pics/orig/b-masterassault.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Sort of looks like someone made it in shop class.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember seeing pics of those in S.O.F. mags in the late '70s in the articles about brushwars in Africa!!! Brings back memories....

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE![/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is the dearness only that gives everything value.
Heaven knows how to put a proper price on its goods."   Thomas Paine.[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I work with a guy who has one. It's not Bushmasters finest work. A POS, really.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#6]
This was what Bushmaster did before they merged with Quality Parts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top