Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2002 4:32:53 PM EDT

Hello all,

Was looking for comments on what your favorite store bought salsas are. I've been buying the Fred Imus which I like pretty well. Any suggestions on something I should try ?

Thanks much,

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Found this neglected topic while running a search.

I buy all kinds of hot sauces, picantes, and peppers - a LOT of them.  Green jalepeno salsa, tomatillo salsa, smoked pepper salsa, Chalula, Louisiana hot sauce, regular/jalapeno/garlic Tabascos, habanero sauce, Vietnamese chile sauce, ect......

That being said, what consistently goes through my house by the gallons is Pace Picante Sauce - medium.  My family likes plenty of other sauces and we like variety, but the Pace is the standby.  Not too many things that it's not good on!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I am so poor the only salsa I get is whatever hot sauce packets I can pilfer at taco bell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Two "Hot" and one "Fire" per taco/burrito is my favorite, Imbrog.

hot sauce tip of the day:

Carry a few packets in your truck to get the snuff taste out of your mouth and "freshen up" before important meetings.

[%|]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#5]
La Victoria Salsa Ranchera!!
Aya! Muy Caliante!
[img]http://lavictoria.com/ranchera%20jar.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Arriba Green Tomatillo. I got hooked on this stuff a long time ago. There is no other.

[img]http://www.vibeplanet.com/images/ar15/greensalsa.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Lighthouse salsa...
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#8]
 If I havent made any lately then I will pick up Safeway Select.  For the most part I cant stand store bought salsas, but Safeway Select aint too bad. My homemade stuff will put hair on your toenails!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I eat raw habanero's.
View Quote

I bet your ass loves you for that![pyro][flame]

-T.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Cha-Chi's or Santa Barbara Roasted Garlic.The jarred crap simply sucks and I hate cleaning up after the blender xplodes when making my own.Cha-Chi's has the great Cilantro,crisp Onion/'Maters taste going.The Garlic stuff leaves ya' just plain ol' satisfied after ya' dumped a bunch on that three egg ommlette w/ ham'mushrooms and cheese,dry wheat toast and a Hairy Ass Bloody Mary.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#12]
MAKE YER OWN YA LAZY BASTARDS!!!!

Simple. Tomatoes, Onions, Cilantro, Jalapenos and whatever else you want to add to that base.

Store bought!!!! I Laugh at you..

bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Tabasco salsa USED to be available around Dallas and it was GOOD.  Haven't seen any in quite a while tho'.

Of course Dave's Insanity Salsa will make you want to wipe your ass with a snowcone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top