Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 11:59:44 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/712722/posts[/url]

Ngoc Thanh Le knew his line of work was dangerous so that's why, a family member said, he kept a handgun
behind the register of his westside convenience store. The man that patrons and friends called Papa was
forced to use the gun Monday morning when an armed robber tried to hold up the mom and pop store in the
9800 block of Westpark. Le was critically injured in the gun battle. The robber, whose identity was not
available, died at the hospital after he tried to flee in his car and wrecked it just a block away. "Every store
owner knows this is going to happen one day," said Le's brother-in-law Khai Nguyen. "It's a risk to do this kind of job. But it's the
only way to make a living."
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
As a fellow Houstonian, I'd like to say to Mr. Le:

You're a real Texas cowboy now!!!

Good job.  I wish you a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Store Owner 1
Robber      0

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope Mr. Le will be O.K. This is another lesson that criminals and courts need to understand; that when an individual decide's too become a criminal and use violence to his gain, that there is a certain risk that goes along with that decision. It sounds like Mr. Le understood his job and his risk. I wonder if the dead criminal understood his? Or if the courts understand that philosophy, being that this occurred in Texas I am confident that the courts do understand, but in other jurisdictions they might be looking at Mr.Le for possible prosecution. Here in Canada Mr.Le would probably be prosecuted, if I need to defend myself I am better off legally to forget about my AR or any other firearm and use a power tool.(I am looking into how I can convert my Paslode to full-auto).lol!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for him, too bad he is hurt.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I've always said that if I'm gonna die in a pool of blood...I'd like to have the opportunity to shoot back!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top