Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:01:07 AM EDT
On my way back from a Dr's appointment, i thought Id stop in and see if there were any Smith&Walther PPK's in stock since im in the market for one..
Ive got to say damn were they cleaned out on guns. Pistols almost all gone but maybe 15 on the wall, EBR gone. Lost of Fudd rifles still there. And get this they had 5 lines filling out paperwork all 3-4 people deep.

Wow its crazy out there.. And where can a brother find a PPK these days? not a PPK/S but a PPK. My distributors are out. Local shops OUT every one is out.. It sucks having gun money and not having anything to spend it on..
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly they closed the Sportsman's Warehouse where I live, but one thing that always stuck out to me was the numerous aisles of reloading stuff there.

Maybe instead of buying the gun of James Bond you could go back and start a new reloading hobby

Speed
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On my way back from a Dr's appointment, i thought Id stop in and see if there were any Smith&Walther PPK's in stock since im in the market for one..
Ive got to say damn were they cleaned out on guns. Pistols almost all gone but maybe 15 on the wall, EBR gone. Lost of Fudd rifles still there. And get this they had 5 lines filling out paperwork all 3-4 people deep.

Wow its crazy out there.. And where can a brother find a PPK these days? not a PPK/S but a PPK. My distributors are out. Local shops OUT every one is out.. It sucks having gun money and not having anything to spend it on..

Tell me about it man.  Ive been looking for an m&p shield for like 3 months now for my wife with no avail.  Only place I can find them is Gunbroker at twice the retail price.  Not gonna happen...
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sadly they closed the Sportsman's Warehouse where I live, but one thing that always stuck out to me was the numerous aisles of reloading stuff there.
Maybe instead of buying the gun of James Bond you could go back and start a new reloading hobby

Speed

I've got presses and reloading stuff coming out my ass. Was going to buy new swageing die parts. but Dave altered my order so I didnt have to spend any more cash..
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#4]
What reloading supplies are you talking about Speed, my local sportsman has empty shelf space for reloading supplies.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Speed

The reloading shelves are just as empty.  

Every time I've gone to Sportsmans (2-4 times a week for the past month), they have had NO ammo, no EBR's, no mags, no powder/primers/bullets....nothing.  They've been telling me since Xmas, that they cannot order anything, even from another store....
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]
How are the reloading components?  I've been meaning to get up there but I've got this *#&$^$('ing pinched sciatic nerve and I'm pretty much immobilized.

Quoted:
Ours has been gutted for weeks.  Luckily, I am only in the market for targets and cleaning supplies.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to my local one on Saturday after aborting my trip to the gunshow (700+ in line before the opening and traffic jam heading to the parking lot).  Same thing.  Ammo cleaned out black rifles gone with about 30 at the counter waiting to buy something/anything.  It was crazy!

I then drove by my LGS - 10 minutes prior to opening there were 12 guys in line at the door waiting and the entire parking lot was full,  All the rigs had 1-2 guys in them just waiting for the shop to open.  Talk about being a day late and a dollar short!
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
my buddy was at the sportsmans here in AZ and he said reloading wise everything was gone.  factory ammo was hit and miss.  AR's were gone but shotguns/bolt actions/pistols were fine.    I was at Cabelas 2 days ago and all reloading sttuff was gone as well except 3 1lb bottles of R22 and about 20 boxes of bullets of random odd callibers.  and same as SW, AR's were gun but other stuff still there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#11]
It's absolutely nuts out there.  

ETA....My PPK/s chews up my hand pretty good.  It's a neat little gun, but not a fun gun to shoot IMO.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I heard that they receive AR's on Friday mornings and do a lottery to hand them out
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#13]
The one I go to was even out of black powder supplies. They had no powder, no wads, no lube, only one box of balls and one tin of caps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top