Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2001 9:22:18 AM EDT
Looking for info, on Longhorn Guns And Ammo,formerly of Walnut then Upland,Ca?
Dose any one have one their old bus cards?
These guy did transfers in old days at all the gun shows.Really important thanks,Sam*OK this is the deal,they ripped me off and the PD is too busy at the donut shop,so I am doing the "leg work"

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for info, on Longhorn Guns And Ammo,formerly of Walnut then Upland,Ca?
Dose any one have one their old bus cards?
These guy did transfers in old days at all the gun shows.Really important thanks,Sam*OK this is the deal,they ripped me off and the PD is too busy at the donut shop,so I am doing the "leg work"

View Quote

that makes abosultely no sense.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Short circuit or loose wire somewhere.[;D]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like they took some money to do a  purchase or transfer and moved or closed up shop without getting him his gun. Am I right? Sounds like you have a civil case then, not a criminal case. If they've gone out of business you'll need to get onto whatever list of creditors they have for the business so you can recoup at least some of the cash you gave them.
If they are still in business, you'll have to check with your local legal reps as to what your state law allows. Here in NY I'd tell you to take them to small claims court.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Hay thanks for your help but, that is an old address.Actually I put some guns "on consignment" and they split town!All ready got the local PD involved but, they keep calling me for more info.,in other words I'm doing the "leg work".
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Call the county or city, find out who the shop really was, it was most likely a corporation.
File suit against same.
serve at registered office of same (state will have address, dosen't matter if vacent storefront in most states as long as they never changed it)
take default judgment after they blow you off.
wait for them to do nothing.
find them now
if no assets in corp, then go back to court and pierce corporate veil to take owner's personal stuff (much easier than sounds, "Judge, he owns the corp but took all the money out, he is the only shareholder and officer")
show up at owners home/office with baliff and writ of execution, take stuff till you feel good, starting with cash
much nicer than beggin police to write basty letter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top