Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/6/2003 5:30:33 AM EDT
So how does the batf decide really what is class 3 or not? Here is my thing. The same guys that bring you the stinger pen pistol (Non NFA) have a version that is basicly a folding pocket knife. It is OK for every body. However the really cool bayonet with the 6 shot 22LR revolver built in is class 3. I would think that the stinger is more dangerous due to the fact that it is a size of a pen. But no the k-bar sized knife revolver is restricted. Just who decides this and whats up with that?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:52:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:36:17 PM EDT
The revolver/knife doesn't require any reconfiguring to fire. The Stinger "pen gun" has to be folded into position before it will function while a NFA pengun will fire as is. Same for beltbuckle guns, the NAA beltbuckle revolver must be removed from the buckle first to be used as a firearm while the old Nazi beltbuckle gun was meant to be fired from the waist. Wallet holsters & HK briefcase guns also are in the same category. If the concealed gun can be fired "as is" then it's a AOW.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 5:50:54 PM EDT by rocko]
It is somewhat subjective - if it "looks" like a traditional gun when fired, then it is a title I firearm. If it is "disguised", it is NFA. Since the stinger needs to be folded to fire, and forms a pistol-like shape, it is considered a title I. Same with the folding knife. However, Since the fixed blade knife gun looks more or less just like a knife, it is considered NFA. Rocko
Top Top