Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 5:30:33 AM EDT
So how does the batf decide really what is class 3 or not?  Here is my thing.  The same guys that bring you the stinger pen pistol (Non NFA) have a version that is basicly a folding pocket knife.  It is OK for every body.  However the really cool bayonet with the 6 shot 22LR revolver built in is class 3.  I would think that the stinger is more dangerous due to the fact that it is a size of a pen.  But no the k-bar sized knife revolver is restricted.  Just who decides this and whats up with that?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The revolver/knife doesn't require any reconfiguring to fire.  The Stinger "pen gun" has to be folded into position before it will function while a NFA pengun will fire as is.  Same for beltbuckle guns, the NAA beltbuckle revolver must be removed from the buckle first to be used as a firearm while the old Nazi beltbuckle gun was meant to be fired from the waist.  Wallet holsters & HK briefcase guns also are in the same category.  If the concealed gun can be fired "as is" then it's a AOW.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It is somewhat subjective - if it "looks" like a traditional gun when fired, then it is a title I firearm.  If it is "disguised", it is NFA.  Since the stinger needs to be folded to fire, and forms a pistol-like shape, it is considered a title I.  Same with the folding knife.  However, Since the fixed blade knife gun looks more or less just like a knife, it is considered NFA.

Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top