Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 10:38:21 AM EDT
This happened over two years ago and I'm still pissed!

There was a fight up the street from my house a couple years back and it was 2 in the morning,the cops knocked on my door and asked me if i heard or saw anything,i said no and didn't they notice all my lights were out and i might be sleeping?
He said "so",I said good night and tried to close my front door he put his hand on my door and said he wasn't finished speaking to me and i said yes you are and take your hand off my door and get off my property,he said i couldn't order him off my property and i told him without a warrant or crime in progress he had no legal right to be on my property,he called the station and i callled and told them the next call i make is to the FBI and the state police and i will have the officer charged with defiant trespass, which is indictable in this state,he was told to leave my property right away and not to go back.
If he had forced his way into my home i would have taken what ever steps were necessary to protect my home and family.
This cop was a nazi mother fucker and couldn't believe someone challenged his authority ,he looked shocked actually.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Where is the rest of your story?

What was the outcome?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Where is the rest of your story?

What was the outcome?
View Quote

Sorry,The next morning i callled the Chief and told him what happened ,he apologised and told me it would not happen again,a friend who is on the force here told me a week later that the officer was telling him that he was about to enter my house and "have a little talk with me"
When i heard that part i was really pissed,what if he did push his way in?
What are you going to do?
I think that night i would have subdued him and called the state police and probably been arrested myself.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#3]
He should lose his badge.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
uuummmm... did you say two years???

Should have said something then, to someone who mattered.

Now you are just starting another I love/hate cops thread.... although it is good to remind people of the limits of police power.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#5]
jrzy, are you a fuc*ing fool! You can't bash cops on this board, no matter how badly they tread upon your rights. Silly fool, just let your mind wander back a month or so when those courageous proctectors of our saftey and freedom had to use the hood of their car to subdue an unruly teenager.  There was hardly a soul on this board that thought that they were out of line.

You and I and most of the rest of the posters on this board have lost more rights and priveledges than you can list, the ones who still have them all call themselves cops.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now you are just starting another I love/hate cops thread.... although it is good to remind people of the limits of police power.

View Quote

I did say something to the Chief of police when this happened ,and the reason i was thinking about this at all was the thread about the 83 year old man that was thrown on the ground and arrested ,it made me think about this again.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

[b]Now you are just starting another I love/hate cops thread....[/b] although it is good to remind people of the limits of police power.

View Quote

These appear to be the thread of the day.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[b]Now you are just starting another I love/hate cops thread....[/b] although it is good to remind people of the limits of police power.

View Quote

These appear to be the thread of the day.
View Quote

Exactly, I feel like I am reading the same threads over and over... That is my only point here, we all have good cop/bad cop stories....
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#9]
dmuldrew
My problems and yours aren't with guys like Waverunner,our problems are with JBT assholes that think they have more rights than us regular people.
FUCK JBT's and if they don't like it then let them post thier defense out in the open.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#10]
This thread smells like cop bashing, and must be reported to the office of homeland security. [BD]
c-rock
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Jrzy,I agree. I met Waverunner at the BRC and seemed like a stand up guy. The only problem is that there are more than one or two of the other type around, and you can't guarantee that you aren't gonna come across some self rightous asshole when you come in contact with a LEO.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts (pun intended)that you think of the bad experience you had rather than any positive ones the next time you come in contact with a cop.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I've never had any bad experiences with cops.  Neither has anyone I know personally.

What am [u]I[/u] supposed to think?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#13]
You can think that they are all angels of mercy, and may be very surprised when you find one who is not.
I on the other hand know that police officers are a mirror of our civilization. Some big, some small, some black, some white, some good some bad.
My experiences with people have taught me that I should be prepared for anything, then I am never surprised.  Paranoid perhaps, but never surprised.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]
jrzy,

In a previous cop bashing post (Hmmm, do I notice a pattern here with you?) you reveled in the fact that LEO's were lazy, good for nothing, and didn't want to investigate a simple burglary. Yet, when an LEO comes to your door in an attempt to investigate an incident in your neighborhood, you piss, bitch, and moan that they woke you up. Weren't they doing their job? Or is the only time they're allowed to do their job is  when it directly benefits you?

Give me a break. Stop wasting our time with your pathetic cop bashing. We're getting tired of it....

Time to lock this badboy....
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can think that they are all angels of mercy, and may be very surprised when you find one who is not.
I on the other hand know that police officers are a mirror of our civilization. Some big, some small, some black, some white, some good some bad.
My experiences with people have taught me that I should be prepared for anything, then I am never surprised.  Paranoid perhaps, but never surprised.[:D]
View Quote

I doubt I'd be surprised because I expect the same things you do.  People are people, regardless of what profession they're in.

So what's the point, again?  All cops are bad?  

That somebody is pissed about something that happened two years ago?  [;D]

Or is it that sometimes cops do bad things or things we don't like?  That they're human?  I guess that's not nearly as dramatic or as interesting.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
jrzy,

Give me a break. Stop wasting our time with your pathetic cop bashing. We're getting tired of it....

View Quote

HERE! HERE!

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've never had any bad experiences with cops.  Neither has anyone I know personally.

?
View Quote

Same is true for me. Not one.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#18]
My only bad experience with an LEO was insitigated by me...should have kept my big mouth shut, hell, I knew that I was outnumbered when my "friends" started backing up...Daytona, bike week, 1982.....  
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
jrzy,

In a previous cop bashing post (Hmmm, do I notice a pattern here with you?) you reveled in the fact that LEO's were lazy, good for nothing, and didn't want to investigate a simple burglary. Yet, when an LEO comes to your door in an attempt to investigate an incident in your neighborhood, you piss, bitch, and moan that they woke you up. Weren't they doing their job? Or is the only time they're allowed to do their job is  when it directly benefits you?

View Quote

This was not a cop bashing post and if you don't want to read what i post then you should skip over it,And who the hell do you think you are to give me orders on what to post?
There are people who commented on this post who agreed with some of what i said,and some didn't,so what?
So that is your answer to what you don't want people to post,lock it?
I think you might have a little nazi in you to ChrisLe.
I repeat ,if you don't like what i wright then it's to fucking bad!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
jrzy,
In a previous cop bashing post (Hmmm, do I notice a pattern here with you?) you reveled in the fact that LEO's were lazy, good for nothing, and didn't want to investigate a simple burglary.
View Quote

Excuse me could you point out that post so i can read it,i can't seem to find it and you may have me confused with someone else,or you ate to many doughnuts and are suffering from a toxic reaction to all that suger.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#22]
How about this story:

This happened over two years ago and I am still pissed!

There was a fight up the street from my house a couple years back and it was 2 in the morning, the Space aliens knocked on my door and asked me if I heard or saw anything, I said no and didn't they notice all my lights were out and I might be sleeping?
The Space alien said "so", I said good night and tried to close my front door he put his hand on my door and said he wasn't finished speaking to me and I said yes you are and take your hand off my door and get off my property, he said I couldn't order him off my property and I told him without a warrant or crime in progress he had no legal right to be on my property, he called the space station and I called and told them the next call I make is to the FBI and the state police and I will have the officer charged with defiant trespass, which is indictable in this state, he was told to leave my property right away and not to go back.
If he had forced his way into my home I would have taken whatever steps were necessary to protect my home and family.
This Space alien was a nazi motherfucker and could not believe someone challenged his authority, he looked shocked actually.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
DScott, you and I agree. There are good and bad in all walks of life. Some events are what we make of them, others are beyond our control.

Often people turn out to be just what we expect of them in our minds. Not right, but it happens to a lot of people just this way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
of the limits of police power.

View Quote
Off topic here, just wanted to say nice user name and pic.  Drove several of those in the seventies.  Fast, and talk about sitting on the ground while you are driving.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#25]
dmuldrew,

Absolutely!

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Please don't make me lock a thread in my first hour as a Mod.  I've dealt with both of you in the past and found you both to be agreeable.  Jrzy, please don't make it personal.  The donuts thing is getting real old.  Thanks.  [:)]
View Quote

OK ok, the donut crack was really for ha ha's and was not meant as a real insult,most officers that i am friends with and who i work out with don't even eat the damn things as they tend to slow you up,and thats right I have many friends who are police officers and they are great guys.
Some of the LEO's around here should lighten up a bit and not try and defend the JBT types when these things come up,defend the ones worth defending and the JBT's can fend for themselves.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top