Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/20/2004 8:59:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 9:04:34 PM EST by HKgnnr]
Curious thing tonight - perhaps our resident politico guru HiramRanger could shed some light.

Received a call at work this evening, from a "pollster" from a described independent polling group. Perhaps I'm being paranoid, yet from her initial questions it immediately sounded as if it was a Democratic push for votes.

Began asking me questions who would I vote for if the election was 'today' with regards to the Albany County DA's race here in NY. I cut her off before she could finish her question, and advised her that I no longer live in Albany County (gasp - as a once registered Democrat) - and havent at least for 8 years.

She told me that according to the Albany County Board of Elections, I was still registered to vote in Albany County. I explained that I had long ago registered with the Schenectady County Board of Elections as a Republican. Furthermore, I inquired how she had gotten my work number.....which she initially thought was my home - and she stated that she received all the information from the Albany County Board of Elections - she quickly apologized for the 'error' and advised that I contact the election board to clear up the issue.

So first off, moved out of Albany County at LEAST 10 years ago.....and my work number is an internal number which no one but my closest relatives/friends have. Something stinks - and it smells like Democraps.

So does this mean I can cast two votes for Bush???
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:26:29 AM EST
Call your old county and make sure that they remove you from the rolls. Otherwise, that Dem "pollster" might show up and cast your vote for you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:44:34 AM EST
I bet anything "you" have been "voting" in Albany county the last 10 years. The Dems did something similar to me here in Maryland. This is why we need to pile up the votes--the Dems cheat like crazy.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:00:41 AM EST
Going to call the board, and also request my voting record for the past 10 years or so in Albany County. I don't know how willing they are going to be, but its a shot. Considering NY's a Kerry wash, I'm almost willing to let this fly until this election passes. If it turns out I've voted in both counties, you can be damn sure I'll be calling the news. With all this talk from the Kerry campaign about potential voter fraud, I'd love to nail these scumbags with a taste of their own medicine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:51:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 5:52:20 AM EST by prk]
You might also go over there on election day & see if someone voted for you. Better yet would be to catch them in the act, but that could take all day and be fruitless.

I sorta wonder if someone isn't trying to mess with your mind.
Top Top