Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 11:19:17 PM EDT
After seeing some of your posts around these parts I'm wondering if there might be an opening in the family to become an in-law.

Seems there is one heck of a collection that needs some tending to, I promise to be one hell of a good "safe boy" and keep all your toys well oiled.

So, how old is your sister and what's she look like?   Dare I ask if you've got a 20something daughter?  :)
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap.

Put it back in your pants and move along now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#2]
M-

HolyCrap is right, LMAO
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm only interested in getting to shoot some of the fine firearms that SteyrAUG is likely to have.  Have you guys seen the posts he's been making recently?  MY GOD!  The guy has got a collection and THEN SOME!  I'd be like a cabana boy only I'd hang out around the safe and make sure that it was kept at the perfect temperature and precious firearms weren't being eaten by rust.

I'm looking at it from an inheritance stand point :)
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
HMmmm..

Well... if your only interested in shooting Steyr's fine firearms...

I guess that leaves me to oil his sisters toys and make sure her cabana is at a perfect temp!!

[;)]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I did, but she was weak so I put her to the sword. Bad enough, I had to divide the family collection with my brother. I could have had about 500+ firearms. We just weren't about to go thirds with someone who who probably be a Democrat anyway.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
ROTFLMAO, yeah it gets real agrivating trying to do the "one for you, one for me, one for you, one for me" thing and then to have to do that among three people!  BAH!

Funny, you didn't answer the question as to whether there are any SteyrAUG daughters.  Twins perhaps?  Hehe, just playing around with you.

Interesting that your current collection is the result of a split, my god wish I had some family members like that, I'm pretty sure I'm the most progun 2nd Amendment type to have ever been in my family.  I didn't luck out quite so much.  :(
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I might devote a topic to this later, but this is a wonderful tradition. Don't you wish your Grandad had bought a Thompson back when they sold them at hardware stores? I sure wish mine had and the bitch of it is, when ever he went to the store to get thing for his dad, he would just marvel at them.
Anyhow he did start a real decent collection anyway, which every generation has added to. You, and others, may not recognize the position you are in. We will be the LAST generation able to purchase Preban military rifles and postban 922r variants. These will NOT be readily available in 20 years. My advice is to pace yourself. Don't grab 10/22 and shit just to fill the safe, take your time and buy meaningful firearms. I can buy an '03 anywhere but I can't buy the one my Grandfather had, he had to save it for me. Family guns are more than investments or inheritance. They are heritage and family identity. Much like Japanese families who pass family swords.

Fortunatly the split was fairly easy. I'm a military guns guy and my brother is mostly a hunter. He did grab a few exotics like the gas trap M1, The baby Luger and the Liberator(the only one that really hurt, I still don't have one), but the bulk of his collection is EVERY German Wheatherby, so many Brownings even I don't know all of them and the Remingtons, Winchesters, etc. He knew I was the military collector so he was cool about letting the Mausers, Lugers, P-38s and such go my way. Most of the modern military H&K,AUGs,AKs,ARs & FALs where added by me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
 Please Garry, don't open that can of worms!!!

HAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys will not believe this one. Go to HK91.com and check to post "Protech HK91" and see the crap Todd is pulling now. Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Mr. Aug does have some good points, think about getting some nice guns for your kids and nieces & nephews.
Imagine buying those Russian Bolts for less than $50 and passing them down. Or AR's for $700, that years later are worth $10,000.
I just wish my grandfathers had done the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top