Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2005 5:58:31 PM EDT
Just saw him earlier on the Rita Cosby show. That guys acts the same in real life as he does in his movies...the same sort of mannerisms, etc.

Too bad he couldn't have been down there in the first few days after this happened. They could have sent him in and allowed him to beat the shit outta all the punks who were shooting at the cops. I can see the news headline now....."Hard To Kill: The Story of One Man Delivering A Ton Of Street Justice!"
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That guys acts the same in real life as he does in his movies...the same sort of mannerisms, etc.

So he was beating up women....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That guys acts the same in real life as he does in his movies...the same sort of mannerisms, etc.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just saw him earlier on the Rita Cosby show. That guys acts the same in real life as he does in his movies...the same sort of mannerisms, etc.

don't believe that for one second...........he's just a actor, a bad one, but none the less a actor... point a camera at their general direction and they all go into acting mode.

Too bad he couldn't have been down there in the first few days after this happened. They could have sent him in and allowed him to beat the shit outta all the punks who were shooting at the cops. I can see the news headline now....."Hard To Kill: The Story of One Man Delivering A Ton Of Street Justice!"

again don't believe the fantasy of hollywood to what they really are...........seperate the acting from the guy,  and he probably couldn't find a job cleaning elephant shit at your local zoo.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Once word of this gets out, cigar store indians are going to be a hot item among disarmed homeowners in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The guy is a wife beating piece of shit.
What is he doing in NO?  Just out for some photo op.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Chuck Norris would break his neck
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh come on guys. You don't really think I was being serious do you? Of course he's just another famous face trying to get a little more exposure as a result of a tragedy. Sean Penn got his face on the news. Kirstie Alley got her's. Now it's Seagal's turn. Hell, even Richard Simmons got in the act. He ws on Larry King last week. LOL.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I doubt that. Jeff Speakman might.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Steven Segal's alst good move was the first Under Seige. Everything he has done since then is laughable. Such a shame.

I get a good chuckle out of his claim to have worked for the CIA. Its the perfect lie. The CIA refuses to confirm this. He replies, "Of course they cant confirm my employment--they are the CIA."
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I WAS a fan of his...especially his early movies...then he got mystical and shit...

Just saw a recent one--Damn, they couldn't even get stunt doubles/actors for the fight that looked like him..

However, he is a gun owner (if I recally properly) an active shooter.

As to beating on Women--was that something he was charged with, or something that came out of a nasty divorce?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey when you are a hammer!!!!!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt that. Jeff Speakman might.

Chuck Norris? Stephen Seagal?
Sorry dude, Chuck gets my bet. Even in his old age.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought the divorce allegations mentioned abuse, but that nothing was ever proven.

Does anyone have a link or solid info, or are you all content with trial by Media, in which case all of us gunowners are guilty of something as well......

The guy likes guns, collects 1911s, and isn't liked by the media.

Shocking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell, even Squatdog could take that pile of lard out, and he'd only have to use a 3/4-power shot!

Sonny Chiba > all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Who can beat up who?

I'm pretty sure I had this argument in fourth grade.... and for the record:

My daddy defeats Bruce Lee defeats Chuck Norris defeats "Ice Man" King Parsons defeats Mr. T throws midgets.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Oh come on guys. You don't really think I was being serious do you? Of course he's just another famous face trying to get a little more exposure as a result of a tragedy. Sean Penn got his face on the news. Kirstie Alley got her's. Now it's Seagal's turn. Hell, even Richard Simmons got in the act. He ws on Larry King last week. LOL.

Sheriff Harry Lee JPSO(The greatest sheriff in America, No shit) Has been freinds with Segall
for over 20 years ie. has nothing to do with publicity
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe he's donating his robes as tents for the homeless.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#18]
A FFL holder that I deal with regularly sold him a USGI Garand. He passed the NICS check immediately, so I wonder about the validity of the "wife beater" claim...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone needs to give him a full powershot!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I think it would have been funnier for Sean Penn to be riding shotgun
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I thought the divorce allegations mentioned abuse, but that nothing was ever proven.

Does anyone have a link or solid info, or are you all content with trial by Media, in which case all of us gunowners are guilty of something as well......

The guy likes guns, collects 1911s, and isn't liked by the media.

Shocking.

As i understand it hes a pretty good shot with a 1911 too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#24]
One of the gunrags had an article about him, his 1911's built by Terry Tussey(sp?), and his BADGE?  HE was shooting with a bunch of local cops, and was wearing a badge, don't remember if it said anything about him being Reserve/Auxillary or not?  It was several years back, so I'm not real clear on details, but it did say he was a hell of a shot!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me the man is no pushover His Akido and various MA creds are solid, he is no Jean Claud Van Fraud.  But I am pretty sure the armchair commandos can "educate" him.  He is far from the most dangerous man on the planet but at the same time he is not to be fucked with.  Not to mention ge is a big tall rangy motherfucker something not always obvious in his movies. tall people create unique problems in a fight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
My friends Dad is his Lawyer back in Montana.  He has a wall of SMG's and shit.  His man servant says he wishes he was a Navy/SEAL Kungfu Master jsut like in his movie's.  He spends a lot of his time pretending to be some Spec Ops Ninja dude, like a pre-pubescent teenager.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#27]
"I see he still combs his hair like a girl."
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Someone needs to give him a full powershot!

hmmm, Squatdog vs. Steven Seagal... my guess is Squatdog's lower center of gravity would give him the edge, unless Steven Seagal gave him... "the squint"

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me the man is no pushover His Akido and various MA creds are solid, he is no Jean Claud Van Fraud.  But I am pretty sure the armchair commandos can "educate" him.  He is far from the most dangerous man on the planet but at the same time he is not to be fucked with.  Not to mention ge is a big tall rangy motherfucker something not always obvious in his movies. tall people create unique problems in a fight.

That is true. He is one BIG MOTHERFUCKER. I saw him in Jackson, KY back in 97 when he was there filming Fire Down Below. The guy is a solid 6'5".

BTW, it's nice to hear that the wife beating stories may be bullshit and that he's a gun owner. I wasn't aware of that. He might be a better guy than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Haven't heard of the wife beating stuff but yes he is a big time gun owner.  Mostly Class III stuff, because he can afford it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I still like most of his movies, but he went kind of wierd with the "earth first" stuff.

I read that article about his custom 1911's. Caspian parts, IIRC. He trains some of the LAPD on firearms. I thought it said he was a reserve officer or something like that.

When I lived in Reno, I got to meet Terry Tussey a couple of times. His shop was in Carson City. Terry is a really nice guy and I would pretty much believe anything he said, if they quoted him. I WISH I could afford some of his guns. Really nice stuff.

Seagal has a Caspian with a Will Schumann Hy-Brid comp barrel. I bought a Schumann barrel off Will himself and had it put on a Caspian gun. Almost zero muzzle flip. Now I wish I hadn't sold it. I had my comp barrel way before the article was in print.

I bet Steven was packing his favorite 1911.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#32]
If the domestic violence stuff was true, he couldn't own those guns, could he?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If the domestic violence stuff was true, he couldn't own those guns, could he?

Correct-o-mondo...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Chuck Norris was in Dodgeball, has had more b-movies/b-TV shows... therefore, he has a better sense of humor.

Steven Segal is convinced he is asian or an eskimo. And his movies are b-movies unintentionally

Chuck Norris for the win!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I have read some stories about him in different knife mags. Very much into weapons. And donates a lot of his money. But  has many one of a kind custom guns. And the guy has always been very spiritual. Spent a great part of his life in japan studying  his trade
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I saw some actress giving an interview on TV a few years ago (I think it was on Letterman)- don't remember who it was, but she said she tested for one of his movies.  She said the test was basically- come over to my place and have sex with me and we will see if you get the part.  I was surprised to see such candor from one star about another.  Needless to say she didn't take him up on it, and he sounds like a 100% loser.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Richard Simmons got in the act. He ws on Larry King last week. LOL.

Say what you want about him... but Richard Simmons is a New Orleans native, as is Harry Connick, Jr.  I see no problem with them being interviewed about their hometown.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Sonny Chiba > all.

+1

very nice guy too.  I got all three of my Kill Bill posters signed by him when I met him in Naha, Okianwa.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
.....Jean Claud Van Fraud.....

LOL. Who was it that kicked his ass?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh-huh...

BANG...

So much for akido and various MA creds.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JCVD was laughed at a bit but according to IMDB he was a real fighter for a while and it was doccumented. He fought a bunch of full contact in his early 20's and really did well in Europe before he was famous.  He is good friends with Chuch Norris and trained with him is the early 80's
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC, his ex bodyguard knocked him out after
van damme talked shit about him behind his back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:17:37 AM EDT
[#43]
If Jean Claude fought well in France, that wouldn't mean much, considering the number of pussies they have over there. LOL. The average American street hood would probably own him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some guy named Chuck Zito.  Did it leaving Scores in NY.  I heard it on the Howard Stern show when Chuck Zito was on.

Van Damm was a balet dancer who studied some Tae Kwon Do before he starred in Cyborg.
IMDB claims he was some Euro-kickboxer.  I am dubious because I remember seeing an interview where he said he was some balet dude.

Van Damm is a confirmed wifebeater.

Steven Segal is just a fat-assed showoff.  More power to him if he can make a living from it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Chuck Norris would be my hands-down choice for baddest boy on the block.

HH
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#46]

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY: A_Free_Man
Richard Simmons got in the act. He ws on Larry King last week. LOL.

Say what you want about him... but Richard Simmons is a New Orleans native, as is Harry Connick, Jr. I see no problem with them being interviewed about interviewing their homoetown.

There! Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but Segal is a real Martial Arts Master, and a former heir apparent to his Aikido system. I say former because he lost his standing with his master, after a marriage, and subsequent divorce to his Masters daughter. Moral? don't sleep with the bosses daughter.

His shooting abilities are real, and well documented. The domestic abuse allegations are just that. Allegations. Nothing formal was ever charged, much less proven.

He is a womanizer, with tastes running to the younger ones. He once divorced a wife (he's had several) to marry his kids babysitter.

His spiritual side is quite another thing. He's not faking it, he is very devout, and vey high up in his Church, a Buddhist, I believe. This contrasts sharply with his womanizing issues.

All in all, he seems to be a decent guy, with a medium "Hollywood" ego, and some self-control issues. His taste in movie scripts for the last several years has been abysmal.

Between him and Chuck Norris, I'd still take Segal, but it wouldn't be easy for him, Chucks in better shape, and has the potential to end any fight rather quickly with his Tae Kwon Leapery.

I choose Segal over Van Damme easily, Jean Claude the frog approaches martial arts like modern dance, and most of his moves seem to be more like modern dance.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Kelly LeBrock was responsible for Segall's movement into enviro-wackism.  He incorporated this into the movies which signalled/triggered his slide into "direct-to-video".

If he wants to slap her around a little as payback, fine with me.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Superfoot would kill him

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the story: www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,2498,00.html

Here's the dude: www.chuckzito.com/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top