Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 11:25:47 PM EDT
This guy is fucking awesome. I know he's a wacko enviromentalist and exposes his little kid to crocodiles but seriously this guy is great. I love his show. Its so addicting. I mean how many of us yanks would grab the most poisonous snake in the world and then talk about how it could kill you. I saw one episode where he was killing ferral pigs with a knife! And lets not forget his numerous croc captures. Bye Crikey!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:46:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This guy is fucking awesome. I know he's a wacko enviromentalist and exposes his little kid to crocodiles but seriously this guy is great. I love his show. Its so addicting. I mean how many of us yanks would grab the most poisonous snake in the world and then talk about how it could kill you. I saw one episode where he was killing ferral pigs with a knife! And lets not forget his numerous croc captures. Bye Crikey!

He doesnt really expose his kid to crocs.  It was the camera angle.  A side angle shows a very long distance between them and the croc.  I plan on doing the killing feral pigs with knife soon, as well as doing it to rabbits, maybe roos and foxes (if i can get near one).
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to watch sometimes hoping he would get eaten but he never did so I just quit watching because he is just really annoying.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah his show isnt very popular anymore here cos he gets too annoying.  Its another crappy thing we export to you yanks, which you love, but we know its crap.  Like Fosters .

Hes a great guy IRL and all, but going CRIKEY! and his poses and speech can only be tolerated for a certain amont of time.  It also gets annoying when some yanks think you either are like Crocodile Dundee or Steve Irwin
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
i think his lady friend is a real cutie
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
A  little too hyper for me, needs to calm down.

And one of these days that Brown snake (Australia's most poisonousness) will get some.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And one of these days that Brown snake (Australia's most poisonousness) will get some.

U mean the Inland Taipan?

IIRC it goes inland taipan, coastal taipan, tiger snake
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok mate, thanks for the correction. GDay
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:37:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#10]
...is an idiot.

I find myself rooting for the crocodile.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah his show isnt very popular anymore here cos he gets too annoying.  Its another crappy thing we export to you yanks, which you love, but we know its crap.  Like Fosters .

LOL I saw some band in a bar one night that turned out to be from Australia, the lead singer was drunk and started yelling about what dumbasses americans were for drinking Fosters.

[/quote

LOL!  A week ago I was with some mates in my car, driving to a bottle-o.  There was a fosters sign on one of the old pubs we passed by and one of my mates (who doesnt know shit about grog) said "lets get some fosters!"  the rest of us scolded him for being so dumb as to want to drink a crap beer.  He is american so was like "but how come its so popular in america?".  The rest of us said "We send it to America cos its shit!  They dont know enough about beer to notice the difference though!".  He shut up.  Grog had already been consumed (not by driver), which explains the roughness.

If you ask for Fosters here, everyone will call you a fucking dumbarse and you might get beaten up.

I go for the croc too, just for fun.  Its the aussie way to root for the underdog.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:53:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The inland taipan easily is the most poisonous snake in the world, its venom is 50 times stronger than the Indian Cobra's (Naja Naja).

Get a bite from this snake, you are shit out of luck!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I think he's an annoying idiot, whos into beasteality. He is always kissing critters, & making love words to them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"We send it to America cos its shit! "

Yeah well you did the same thing with that australian band I think. There must be some government program for exporting bad blues bands to the US or something.

"I go for the croc too, just for fun. Its the aussie way to root for the underdog."

Probably.  Come to think of it, ive never seen any American bands here, except the internationally famous ones.

The inland taipan easily is the most poisonous snake in the world, its venom is 50 times stronger than the Indian Cobra's (Naja Naja).

Get a bite from this snake, you are shit out of luck!!!

I think its 2 times as poisonous as the coastal variety.  They are fucking scary.  They were feared greatly by the aborigines.  Where they live, there is like no civilisation for hundreds of km's so you are really up shit creek if you are bitten.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I prefer the Jeff Corwin Experience... he seems a little faggy, but he also seems a lot smarter and not some clown running around grabbing shit for the shock value.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#17]

I mean how many of us yanks would grab the most poisonous snake in the world and then talk about how it could kill you.

The guy is either an idiot or a liar.

No one in their right mind takes the chances he APPEARS to take with snakes that can easily kill you. It is one thing to handle these snakes to extract venom or for research purposes but to handle these animals for exhibition, sport, or some perverse thrill is insane. You will get hit eventually and if bitten in the bush you will be dead.

But there is another possibility… that the “encounters” with these animals are at least in part staged. I hate to break anyones bubble but many, many wildlife and hunting shows use staged events that do not occur as portrayed. It is possible that at least some of the snakes in question have been prepared for handling and the encounters are not the least bit random. You can believe NOTHING you see on TV unless live and even then only if you know the conditions and limits of the live event.

He is either an idiot or a liar.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I mean how many of us yanks would grab the most poisonous snake in the world and then talk about how it could kill you.

The guy is either an idiot or a liar.

No one in their right mind takes the chances he APPEARS to take with snakes that can easily kill you. It is one thing to handle these snakes to extract venom or for research purposes but to handle these animals for exhibition, sport, or some perverse thrill is insane. You will get hit eventually and if bitten in the bush you will be dead.

But there is another possibility… that the “encounters” with these animals are at least in part staged. I hate to break anyones bubble but many, many wildlife and hunting shows use staged events that do not occur as portrayed. It is possible that at least some of the snakes in question have been prepared for handling and the encounters are not the least bit random. You can believe NOTHING you see on TV unless live and even then only if you know the conditions and limits of the live event.

He is either an idiot or a liar.

I vote idiot.  He isnt the only wacko chasing snakes either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I find myself rooting for the crocodile.

me too!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Considering that he has gotten VERY wealthy with his antics. I don't think he is that much of an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd love to sit down and drink a beer with the guy.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I am pretty sure the snakes he handles have had their venom glands removed. But he is an entertainer, he is there to entertain you and he is damn good at it. I dont care if his show is 100% fake, I still like it because its fun to watch. You guys watch a lot of shows that are staged, like all sitcoms and reality tv, and never complain that its not worth watching because its fake. When I sit down for an episode of the crocodile hunter I suspend my disbelief for an hour.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow, lots of hatred for Steve.  

I like him.  He's got big brass balls.  If you've ever seen what he does with the crocs in his
Australia zoo, then you know he's the real deal.  He probably knows more about croc behavior than just about anyone else.  

Anyway, that shit with the snakes and all is a show for t.v., but you can't fake (and he's been bitten by snakes on the show before, so I'm not sure it is fake) the stuff he does with the crocs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#25]
It's almost a sure bet that his death will be brutal and on video.  His show was pretty entertaining at first, but the 'thrill' wears off after a while.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I've heard a lot of the stuff with snakes is done after the snake comes out of a refridgerator, or something to cool it down some.  That way its a lot slower and more timid.

But the croc stuff seems pretty hard to fake.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#27]
2 of my co-workers are going to Austrialia really soon (one on tuesday).

She spent like a year there, and she's spending 3 more months there.  She eventually wants to emmigrate there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top