BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/15/2009 10:25:08 AM EDT
watch vid here

Answer question:

What gives the U.S. government(or you through the U.S. government) the right to tell a healthy adult male, who isn't involved in competitive public sports, that he cannot take anabolic androgenic steroids even though he has weighed carefully the risks/rewards of doing so?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Better question, why is reefer illegal?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Steroids are illegal?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It's for the children.

Also the massive supplement industry would shrivel up like a steroid testicle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Steroids are illegal?

I don't think so. Just not allowed in sports. I may be wrong.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Outlawing anything an individual puts into his own body in the privacy of his own home goes against everything this country was founded on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Same reason any other drugs are illegal or controlled.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Steroids are illegal?

yep felony to possess or sell
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Steroids are illegal?

Hold on I need to go home and empty some vials.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
watch vid here

Answer question:

What gives the U.S. government(or you through the U.S. government) the right to tell a healthy adult male, who isn't involved in competitive public sports, that he cannot take anabolic androgenic steroids even though he has weighed carefully the risks/rewards of doing so?

It's not illegal, it's controlled - just like amphetamines and antibiotics.  Not that I necessarily agree.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#10]
They shouldn't, plain and simple.  It's just another way government is over-reaching.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Steroids are illegal?

Unless it's pharmaceutical grade and possessed with a prescription.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#12]
For the same reason that other drugs are illegal.

Also, steriods can't simply be stopped without serious issues.  You have to step down properly...and start taking other drugs at the end of your cycle.  Not a recreational thing at all.  You MUST know what you are doing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#13]
b.c fat politicans would be jelous.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I knew a guy once using steriods. His attitude went from day to night. He got very aggressive and very ill tempered real fast once he started his regimine. I have no problem with them being illegal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I knew a guy once using steriods. His attitude went from day to night. He got very aggressive and very ill tempered real fast once he started his regimine. I have no problem with them being illegal.

so you knew a guy ONCE who was ornery on them, so they should be illegal for everyone. That's just brilliant.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]
They're illegal because you can't reproduce and make more taxpayers with broken, shriveled testicles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Because men with breasts would confuse the homophobes

Gynomastecoma- or something like that, is not a side effect I would risk.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Because they'll make you look like Carrot Top.

...And that's disgusting.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Steroids are illegal?

Schedule III controlled substances.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Also, steriods can't simply be stopped without serious issues.  You have to step down properly...and start taking other drugs at the end of your cycle.  Not a recreational thing at all.  You MUST know what you are doing.

And that being..

Oh, and depending on the dosages, YES, they can simply be "stopped" without serious issues, but when taking higher doses, it certainly helps to have a post cycle regimen of other drugs (also with few to no side effects) that help your hormone levels "normalize."
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#21]
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=617_1252006591

It's because they are scheduled by the FDA.

They were legal into the '80's

They are legal in most other countires.  Including Canada and Mexico.

ETA:  You can buy ventrinary steriods which are legal to own as long as you are not using them on yourself  Google Finaplix
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys must be confused.

My local pharmacy never said anything about them being illegal!

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Steroids are illegal because we are SLAVES, and MASTER SAYS NO.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You guys must be confused.

My local pharmacy never said anything about them being illegal!

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/05/02/1115057141_0035.jpg

I'll buy all the roids he's got if he throws in one of those handbags.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#25]
WERE LUCKY CREATINE ISNT BANNED

If Joe Biden had his way creatine would be banned too, even though it is in steak and other natural foods...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

so you knew a guy ONCE who was ornery on them, so they should be illegal for everyone. That's just brilliant.

If you want to shrink your nuts and beat your girlfriend just so you can bulk up a bit, you go right ahead. You can be the brilliant one.

Hell, I'm a libertarian. I think people should do what they want to do unless it infringes on others. Drugs like PCP and steroids make people violent, its not just an "I knew a guy" thing. There are plenty of studies on the behavioral changes steroids cause.

....And yes I'm aware that alcohol makes some people violent too but the percentage of people that alcohol does this too I'm sure is much smaller than that among steroid users.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Yea, and not long ago they got the hormone precursors as well.  Those worked really well for me for the short time I took them.  And, good luck with an ECA stack.  More .gov ruining a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Guess I was wrong
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#29]
cuz your nuts will fall off,,
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#30]
'rhoid rage is uuuuuugly ...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to shrink your nuts and beat your girlfriend just so you can bulk up a bit, you go right ahead. You can be the brilliant one.

Hell, I'm a libertarian. I think people should do what they want to do unless it infringes on others. Drugs like PCP and steroids make people violent, its not just an "I knew a guy" thing. There are plenty of studies on the behavioral changes steroids cause.

....And yes I'm aware that alcohol makes some people violent too but the percentage of people that alcohol does this too I'm sure is much smaller than that among steroid users.

Nut shrinkage reverses at the end of a steroid cycle unless steroids are continuously cycled for too long.
I don't have a girlfriend, I am married and she beats me.
Uncontrollable violent rages caused by steroids are a myth...if a person is a prick, steroids will make them more of a prick.
If you are a libertarian, then why are you disagreeing.
I would love to shrink my nuts temporarily so I can bulk up a bit, and I would go right ahead, but .gov says I will go to jail, hence my interest in starting this thread.

Now that you mention it, YES, alcohol would seem to be on the list of things illegalized quite far ahead of steroids...oh wait they tried that and it didn't work, I would also like for the illegalization of AAS to not work also.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yea, and not long ago they got the hormone precursors as well.  Those worked really well for me for the short time I took them.  And, good luck with an ECA stack.  More .gov ruining a good thing.

I used to like the hormone precursors, but old GW took care of those too. Rumor had it that the "prohormones" had more side effects than the actual steroids themselves, and nowhere near as potent.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They are legal in most other countires.  Including Canada and Mexico.

Just take a trip across the border.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

or take at very low doses at a periodic interval, to minimize the hormonal swing.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#35]
because they fuck you up in the head, make your balls small, and do alot of other "nice" things...

a cheap way to try to get big...

ive worked with three different guys who have used roids...they are ALL fucked up in the head, im waiting for one of them to start yelling "snap into a slim jim"
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
WERE LUCKY CREATINE ISNT BANNED

If Joe Biden had his way creatine would be banned too, even though it is in steak and other natural foods...

Based on the people I know who take creatine, it just makes you a fat ass.

The big problem is that a lot of people view supplements and 'roids as shortcuts.  That's just not the case...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#37]
'Bout time for an 8 ball of Dianabol.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Steroids are illegal because some jackasses abused it. Much like everything else, a few jackasses spoil everything for everyone.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Not illegal

They are controled

Get use to that folks
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Not to hijack, but I've been meaning to post this here anyway. I saw Ephedra mentioned a few posts above. I just have a question about the true risks of Ephedra usage. I know that it was banned because a few young guys had heart attacks. But what are the honest risks? I mean does "normal" Ephedra usage cuse any long term damage to the heart or does it just happen to kill people some times? I'm sure that some of the folks that have died were overusing it, combining it with other shit or what ever. And I'm sure some had some underlying heart problems to begin with. I also know that millions of folks have used it throughout history and not died. So if I get myself on a EAC stack and use it appropriately, assuming that my blood pressure, cholesteral, etc are all normal, am I going to hurt myself over the long term? I'm really not too concerned about dropping dead on the floor of Gold's Gym, but I don't want to find out at age 55 that my heart is beat to shit or has some damage from something I did while I was younger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not illegal

They are controled

Get use to that folks

What's the difference between controlled and illegal. I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#42]
My friend had a boyfriend that was a big steroid user.  He was very edgy and violent on roids..

Driving to the parents house for Thanksgiving they got into a argument in the car.

Dude pulled over on the side of the road and slit her throat from ear-to-ear in full view of everyone.

Ya, I know an anecdote does not make a trend.  That said, making it illegal is useless to prevent use.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Not illegal

They are controled

Get use to that folks

And possession of a schedule III controlled substance (without a prescription) is illegal.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Roid rage" is largely a myth.

Testicles return to normal size following a cycle.

The media's information about steroids is about as reliable as its information about firearms.

For the record, I do not use them.  But botox so toxic that one teaspoon can kill 30 million people, and yet the government lets people inject it into their faces for cosmetic purposes.  If THAT'S legal, then men should be able to inject themselves with a substance that is already in their bodies naturally.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Because most people don't know shit about how they work or which compound(s) to take, how much/how little.  This thread is exhibit A.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
because they fuck you up in the head, make your balls small, and do alot of other "nice" things...

a cheap way to try to get big...

ive worked with three different guys who have used roids...they are ALL fucked up in the head, im waiting for one of them to start yelling "snap into a slim jim"

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

watch vid here

Answer question:

Because the use of recreational drugs (and 'Bigger muscles without all the work' is recreational, not medical) is something that a majority of our society does not approve of...

It is also not an enumerated right in the Constitution, nor has any court found it to be protected by the 9th Ammendment...

Therefore, the government 'of the people' has decided that you are not allowed to use roids...

Simple enough...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#48]
OP:  For the same reason that a rational woman in New York City cannot usually own a handgun for protection.

Why do you seek a logical response?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Steroids should be legal. It's another example of gov't "parenting".

From the Controlled Substances Act:
Anabolic steroids are schedule 3 drugs. They have a medical purpose and can be legally possessed, but they have potential for abuse. Comes from here

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top