Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2002 8:26:29 PM EDT
Would someone list the steps involved to sale a gun via intrastate transfer.  I want to sale a gun and what are the steps required. Does the buyer send me the money or does the FFL agent send me the money?  Could the FFL actually keep the weapon and not deliver it to the buyer?  Would someone please clear up all of these issues for me. thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Minimum steps are:
1) have buyer's FFL prove to you they're an FFL, either with a copy of their FFL or license information for use with ATF FFL EZ-Check (provided you're not an FFL yourself).

2) ship to buyer's FFL

3) buyer's FFL receives firearm from you and performs 4473 and background check for buyer in buyer's state.

The buyer's FFL is just a transfer agent, performing the required background check, etc, and does not OWN the firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top