Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/17/2011 1:06:05 PM EST
http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/17/stephen-king-demands-to-know-why-hes-not-paying-more-in-taxes/

Stephen King Demands to Know Why He’s Not Paying More in Taxes

Who better to weigh in on the issue of nightmarish debt spending and the blood-curdling notion that a country can tax its way to prosperity than one of the masters of the horror genre?

In Florida recently, author Stephen King, out of concern for the well-being of the middle and lower classes, expressed a willingness to financially martyr himself when he said, "As a rich person, I pay 28 percent tax… what I want to ask you is, why am I not paying 50?” The crowd applauded in appreciation at King’s willingness to throw more of his income down the money hole never to be seen again without first asking themselves, "If he really wants to help the middle and lower classes, why doesn’t he start by giving his books away for free?”

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:07:35 PM EST
just write in a larger amount.

whats the issue here ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:07:40 PM EST
If only these sonsabitches would spend some time in NK and Ven.
They are shit, all of them...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:08:04 PM EST
Well, he does seem to have a point.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:08:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 1:09:44 PM EST by MTUSA]
Originally Posted By cluster:

whats the issue here ?

exactly, send an extra check for lets say...$200000

Me thinks the commy doosh is grandstanding.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:09:02 PM EST
He can feel free to pay as much as he wants as far as I care. Hell, he can pay mine if he has money to spare.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:10:18 PM EST
For a such a prolific writer, he sure is one stupid sonofabitch.

The problem is spending, but anyone paying attention already knew that.

Stupid fuck...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:12:32 PM EST
Oh for fuck's sake
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:13:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
He can feel free to pay as much as he wants as far as I care. Hell, he can pay mine if he has money to spare.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This.

100% Douchebag thing to say.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:13:35 PM EST
nothings stopping you mr king, from writing a check to the IRS for 50% of your net worth
will you?
fuck no
your just playing lip service to your liberal retards
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:14:40 PM EST
You want to pay more? The IRS has a section for donations you stupid fuck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:15:22 PM EST
This is America you should be able to keep what you earn not give it to lazy fuck who will not work.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:16:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By Brinkmeister:

I don't expect somebody from the Netherlands to understand. The LAST thing we need is to raise taxes on anybody. They have to stop wasting the enormous amount of money we already give them or it will never end.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:16:20 PM EST
An income tax form allows him to make voluntary contributions. So WTF is his problem????
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:17:42 PM EST
Hes not doing it right. There is something wrong with him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:18:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By MustardTiger:
For a such a prolific writer, he sure is one stupid sonofabitch.

The problem is spending, but anyone paying attention already knew that.

Stupid fuck...

Coach Bryant: That kid may be the stupidest son of a bitch I’ve ever seen, but he sure is fast!

Gump loses to this idiot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:18:24 PM EST
Why can't everyone just pay 10% and if folks want to contribute more they can?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:19:50 PM EST
Well I wont ever be reading or buying his books again. Dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:19:55 PM EST
Because he lives in Florida. If he moves to California he'll pay much closer to 50%.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:20:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By cluster:

whats the issue here ?

This... He can pay out as much as he wants....He can cut me a check too if he'd like...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:20:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 1:21:48 PM EST by Leanangle]
Originally Posted By 57Strat:
An income tax form allows him to make voluntary contributions. So WTF is his problem????

The problem is he doesn't get to impose his own will & morality on others that way.

ETA: I'm no accountant, but I'm guessing his accountant has to work for him to only pay 28%.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:21:16 PM EST
There's a phrase in one of his books, "Dumb as a New York democrat." I guess he moved.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:21:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 1:22:38 PM EST by Brinkmeister]
Originally Posted By Molotov357:

I don't expect somebody from the Netherlands to understand. The LAST thing we need is to raise taxes on anybody. They have to stop wasting the enormous amount of money we already give them or it will never end.

Well, overspending is kind of an opinion thing. I do think our government spends money on the wrong things, but opinions vary on what should be cut.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:21:51 PM EST
King is my favorite fiction writer, but he is a liberal d bag and has "forgotten the face of his father"
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:22:47 PM EST
Fuck him.

He can mail Obama a fucking check.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:23:16 PM EST
If he is asking this question publicly, then his actual question is why aren't the rest of us paying higher taxes. If he were so inclined, he could quietly write a check for whatever amount he wants and send it to the U.S. Treasury Department.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:24:34 PM EST

Wll, overspending is kind of an opinion thing. I do think our government spends money on the wrong things, but opinions vary on what should be cut.

We have a thing called the constitution and it outlines a very narrow scope of what the federal government can do. Social programs (also known as ponzi schemes or bribery) are definitely not on there. It has nothing to do with opinions in our country.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:24:40 PM EST
He doesn't voluntary add more because he is a cheap son of a bitch. I waited on him over a weekend while I was college (room service). He walked into the hotel drunk and was drunk when he left. Acted like every living being had to kiss his ass the whole time he was there. He racked up a bill over the weekend of $2K+ and didn't tip me a fucking dime! And he also stiffed the wait staff in the hotel restaurant. He left and I went home and burned every one of his books that I owned and haven't read another since.

The man is an asshole of the highest order.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:25:51 PM EST

Well, overspending is kind of an opinion thing. I do think our government spends money on the wrong things, but opinions vary on what should be cut.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:26:03 PM EST
He needs to overpay his taxes.

The .gov (IRS) probably won't properly fact check his return and determine that he over paid.

Course he could send a DONATION to the .gov.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:28:47 PM EST

Drop the Kool-Aid, Bro!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:29:47 PM EST
I'm sure they take donations.

Scary douche.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:30:02 PM EST
GRANDSTANDER, If that shit head is so concerned why doesn't he send the IRS an extra check for a couple hundred K? No law about sending in more than you owe.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:30:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 1:43:24 PM EST by America-first]
Why isn't he?

He can write a check to the Treasury Department any time he wants or even attach it to his tax return as a donation.

What the bastard really demands to know is why we aren't all paying more taxes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:31:41 PM EST
The commie liberals know that without Florida, obamas chances of getting elected in 2012 are very slim.

They are pulling all the stops out to fuck up and convert Florida, look for even more bizarre shit in the future.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:31:54 PM EST
You know wat? Forget I said anything. You have your own shit to deal with, so do we. My opinion about U.S. taxes is about as valuable as a cock-taste popsicle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:32:35 PM EST
It is absolutely amazing to me how stupid the liberal elite are, even though they have the talents to earn vast sums of money they have lost the capacity to think logically and with clarity.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:36:50 PM EST
Dumb son-of-a-bitch can't write and ending for shit. This story won't end well either.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:38:03 PM EST
You know wat? Forget I said anything. You have your own shit to deal with, so do we. My opinion about U.S. taxes is about as valuable as a cock-taste popsicle.

QFT.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:40:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By sjuhockey10:

QFT.

Which also works the other way 'round. If you ever feel you have an opinion about the Netherlands, stick it where the sun don't shine...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:41:01 PM EST
It wouldn't help anything; they will always spend thirty percent more.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:41:02 PM EST
I bet if every one stopped buying his books and his income became $50k a year he would mind.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:42:54 PM EST
He's an idiot, the point of having more money is that it is your money. The government should make do with the money they are given.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:43:48 PM EST
I do not see that it is the responsibility of the individual citizen to pick up the tab when it is his irresponsible government that has spent more money than it has.

Let the government figure out for itself how to get out of this mess without raping us in the process.

I for one have lived a generally fiscally responsible life. At NO point in my life have my total debt obligations
been greater than 3000 dollars. I save and I pay cash. I am not a credit addict and will not become one.

I fully expect my elected representatives to be as responsible with my tax dollars as I am.

Obviously I expect far too much.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:45:29 PM EST
A. If dickhead is surely in the top bracket which is still 35% right? So, yea, he should be paying more. If he's paying 28, like omeone said above "he's doing it wrong.

B. I used to read his shit until I read the original The Stand. 835 drawn out pages and then it ended like he was late for a deadline. So I quit reading his shit.

A couple years later I walk by a bookstore and see the new version of The Stand with like 300 more pages.

Fuck you you buck tooth fish face liberal POS.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:45:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By sjuhockey10:

QFT.

Which also works the other way 'round. If you ever feel you have an opinion about the Netherlands, stick it where the sun don't shine...

If I came on a forum populated primarily by the Dutch and started supporting something that essentially goes against the political philosophy of the forum's majority, that's exactly what I'd expect to be told
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:46:04 PM EST

Curious notion for post #69...

And Geert Wilders wants his country back.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:52:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:52:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By foxherb53:
GRANDSTANDER, If that shit head is so concerned why doesn't he send the IRS an extra check for a couple hundred K? No law about sending in more than you owe.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:56:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 2:00:37 PM EST by bud7h7]
This man is rich, but what he fails to acknowledge is that like most entertainers (excuse me, "artists") he is not responsible for the financial success of OTHERS, let alone hundreds or even thousands of others. The irony is that when most envious poor people think of rich people they hate, they don't think of useless rich people like King who contribute nothing to society or the economy, they think of "evil corporate white men" who actually WORKED and took the risks to be in a position to launch the careers of so many others.

How many paychecks out there are signed "Stephen King"?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:57:17 PM EST
If he has some spare cash lying around the house and wants someone to deliver it to the US Treasury he can send me an IM and I will deliver it for him.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top