Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 8:10:52 AM EDT
I was thinking about trying to build a sten froma parts kit.  But have a few questions.

1.  How hard is it?  I see the parts kit, and the 80% receivers....but how hard is it to put them both together?

2.  Are there any 16 inch barrels for sale so I wont have to SBR it.

3.  Can I build it into a pistol so I can avoid the SBR?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
the problem with building the pistol is that you need to remove the stock/pistol grip to take it apart, which would allow you to stick a stock on(which means NFA SBR violation).  as for 16" barrels, you could always take some steel tubing, and make a permanent flash hider out of it.  another concern is building the receiver in such a way as to prevent the use of full auto parts, such as putting a rail in the receiver(like the semi uzi) or using a undersized tube and turning your bolt down on a lathe.  then there's the fire control problem.

I've got a mk3 kit that I've been trying to figure out how to build into a semi.  havent really gotten to it yet.  I'm kinda kicking around the idea of using an AR firing pin and some sort of bastardized AK or AR trigger group in a custom bottom end.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#2]
look at an uzi type striker firing pin, much simpler than a hammer type
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
another good idea
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top