Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 4:24:01 PM EDT
Who has them, and how do you like them? I've been looking at the ones with the Insta-focus feature. How does that work? Do you never have to adjust that knob again for focus? That seems to be quite a nice little feature.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like mine.  I bought the 15x56 Big Horn model.
[url] http://www.steiner-binoculars.com/binoculars/military/215.html[/url]

They are really nice.  The Sport-focus thing works great.  You just need to focus it once, and then forget about it.  Each eye is adjustable so it took me a little while to get it just right, but the results were great.  I think I'm gonna get a set from their Predator series next.
HTH.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
 Think they're generally over-rated for the price. Try side-by-side comparisons with decent Jap names[Nikon,Pentax or Minolta] and check brightness and edge clarity. They were obviously behind the curve when I checked.
 Course, good jap glass will give Swarvoski and Zeiss a run for the money-more bang for the buck regardless. Ghost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top