Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 1:42:44 PM EDT
I have some of those old steel gas cans people used to use with outboards. They're flat-bottomed, curved-topped, about 5 gallons and have the fittings to attach the outboard fuel line.

Does anybody have any idea how to determine whether they're sound without putting water in them? The only thing that occurs to me is to remove the cap and submerge them in a bathtub or garbage can full of water up to the neck of the fill port and see if air bubbles are generated. (Only the bad ones would get water in them.) Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Could  put the cap on , & apply slight air pressure through one of the fuel line fittings
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Rubber stopper and fill them up with an air compresser.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Any other ideas?

Well no, but can you send my your address again so I can mail Dr. Johnson's London back to you? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any other ideas?

Well no, but can you send my your address again so I can mail Dr. Johnson's London back to you? Thanks

IM sent. What'd you think of the book?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top