Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 6:39:31 PM EDT
When forced by the wife unit to eat there, I always get thet chili. Am I the only one who opens up that bottle of peppers and dumps out the actual peppers into my chili? My wife said I was making a scene trying to coerce the peppers out with a knife without spilling a bunch of juice and embarassing her. Those peppers are the only thing worth a shit there...... and they're free!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I only go there for shakes, and not that often.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The Frisco burger or whatever it is is pretty tasty, but they're too pricey for what you get.

The one near us closed about a year and a half ago.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I only go there for shakes, and not that often.

Yeah, the shakes are good, especially during happy hour.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I refuse to pay for a "burger" with less than 2 oz of meat on it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Steak and Shake, Taco Cabana and Panda Express are all on my list of 'Ate there once and never again' places.

All are overpriced for the crap they sell.  A Quarter Pounder Extra Value Meal costs $4.00 less than the comparable burger and fries at Steak and Shake and has more food and better quality, IMO.

Same with Taco Cabana - Taco Bell is better and cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't been to one in a while, but I remember the fries being good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Steak and Shake, Taco Cabana and Panda Express are all on my list of 'Ate there once and never again' places.

All are overpriced for the crap they sell.  A Quarter Pounder Extra Value Meal costs $4.00 less than the comparable burger and fries at Steak and Shake and has more food and better quality, IMO.

I ate at Steak n Shake once.....

Once!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Plate of fries and a chocolate shake.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to Steak n Shake in Columbus, OH a few months back. Incredible! Best fast food place in 18 states.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ate at Steak n Shake once.....
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4pmUNQE7llI/SFMyhhRkbFI/AAAAAAAACKk/pV0lwetPfho/s400/jd+028.jpg

Once!

This.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a fan. Not gonna lie.  Stopped in at one on the way down to Disney. I had never been. I figured it was a fast food joint. We sat down and wasted over an hour of driving time at that shithole.  Fuck them and fuck my mother in law for picking the joint.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Every one that I have been to the shakes are insanely thick. It's not really a shake it's just ice cream. I mean I get a shake so that I drink it not just a cup of ice cream I need to eat with a spoon...defeats the whole purpose of the shake.

I do like thick shakes, but they have to be reasonably thick.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#14]
We didn't have them in KC until ... I don't know ... late '80s, I guess. They've been in St. Louis and parts east for a longtime. My Dad was from Champaign, IL, and whenever we'd go back there to vist Grandma, we'd hit S&S in STL (North Lindbergh) and again in Champaign or Urbana. As a kid, I always looked forward to them.

I go there now about once a year. I always hope that it will be as good as I remember it as a kid. It never is. Plus, if I get a couple burgers, fries and a malt, I'm dropping like $594.00 or something. Too much for too little. Sorry, Dad.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Fries only....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I refuse to pay for a "burger" with less than 2 oz of meat on it.

No shit! Me and my boss went there for lunch about a year ago and had burgers with fries. The "Steakburger" was smaller than the regular burger that McDonalds sells for about a dollar and you could actually see light through the patty. Bossman got something extra like chili or a salad I forget which and the tab was just under $25.00 for the two of us.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Not my fave, but the stores are spotless and tidy. I like the sitdown/service model.  The food is ok enough for what it is.

I really go for the friendly service from their beautiful young cheerleader waitstaff.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Last time I was there  I saw an old farmer's wife eating peppers out of the jar with her fork.  I'll never touch those peppers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Last time I was there  I saw an old farmer's wife eating peppers out of the jar with her fork.  I'll never touch those peppers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I seldom go there; too pricey, but the shakes are pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I seldom go there; too pricey, but the shakes are pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Chili bomb with raw onion  and cheese. Add peppers.. eat
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Been in one once in my life.

Was not overly impressed.

Not bad I guess, but nothing to write home about.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#24]
To damned expensive for a burger that won't fill up a 5 year old.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll take Whataburger over SS any day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Best fries of any fast food joint and I thought the double steak burger was damn good.

I go to Orlando every year for a conference and try to hit them at least 3 times while I'm there. Too bad there are none up here in PA  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Not my fave, but the stores are spotless and tidy. I like the sitdown/service model.  The food is ok enough for what it is.

I really go for the friendly service from their beautiful young cheerleader waitstaff.

Cheerleader waitstaff? The one time I went we were waited on by some thin, pencil-mustached pedo freak.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top