Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 12:40:57 PM EDT
I seen it this morning on FOX but can't find a picture on thier web page if any one finds it please post.

The statue has a M16 bayoneted in the ground with a pair of boots in front of it, a solider on a knee with one hand cupped over his eyes and a little Iraqi girl standing next to him with her hand on his shoulder consoling him.

Saddam forced a Sculptor to make the statue of him on a horse. After U. S. troops toppled that statue the scupltor asked if he could have the bronze, the troops gave it to him.

He made the new statue from that bronze as a thank you to the US Forces for the sacrifice's  they made to free Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that too. Kinda tuggs at the heart strings. It is going to shipped to Ft Hood for perment display.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats badass, I want to see it. We need a pic in here!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I still can't find it[:(!]

When you see it you'll get a lump in your throat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top