Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:55:44 AM EDT
That's really gotta stick in the Feds' craw....

www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=199732

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
In Before the Arfcom Statists...
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
National Id ?

[sarcasm/] Sounds like someones tinfoil is a little tight [sarcasm]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the WA bill says they will comply if the feds give them $250 million, so MT is the only state who's passed an actual ban.... so far.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
National Id ?

[sarcasm/] Sounds like someones tinfoil is a little tight [sarcasm]

Or, somebody's reading comprehension isn't quite up to speed yet this morning.

Hint: google "Real ID act of 2005"
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Papers, please.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like the WA bill says they will comply if the feds give them $250 million, so MT is the only state who's passed an actual ban.... so far.

One of the few things that our libtard governor has done right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D) signed legislation Tuesday (April 17) that bans the state's Motor Vehicle Division from enforcing the national rules, which set uniform security features for driver’s licenses and require states to verify the identity of all driver’s license applicants.

As long as the feds print up more $ to fund it, sounds good to me.

“When a state like Montana tells the federal government to take a hike, it brings down the whole house of cards. If there was ever any question that Congress would be forced to revisit this misguided law, there is no more," Barry Steinhardt of the American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement.

+1 States should convene periodically and agree, disagree on fed unfunded mandate bs and, united, tell .fed to stuff it.

Real ID requires that all new and existing driver’s license applicants present and states verify: a form of photo identification, a document showing date of birth, proof of a Social Security number and a document with the name and address of the applicant.

All state-issued driver's licenses must include an individual's name, address, date of birth, gender, signature, driver's license number, a digital photograph and several features to prevent counterfeiting.

Some of my amigos ain't gonna like this.

The American Civil Liberties Union and the libertarian Cato Institute both oppose Real ID on the grounds that it will violate civil liberties.

I have a closet full of tinfoil and I'm not concerned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Good....also wouldn't these REAL ID cards also have RFID chips in them?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Papers, please.  

You don't need to see my identification

[jedi handwave]

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#10]
The real issue isn't the documentation requirements (which most states already have in place) or the card itself, but rather the databases involved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#11]
states can banned it all they want. if feds want it they will with hold tax dollar funding to the state, till the state falls into line with the feds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#12]
National ID's don't make much sense when the Fed isn't even SERIOUS about cracking the skulls of illegals and locking down the borders.  Until that happens....fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The real issue isn't the documentation requirements (which most states already have in place) or the card itself, but rather the databases involved.

good point.  ssns are already being used for id.  which they weren't intended to, but...
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
National ID's don't make much sense when the Fed isn't even SERIOUS about cracking the skulls of illegals and locking down the borders.  Until that happens....fuck off.

Well, some see this happening:

Step 1: Real ID is put in place, with strict requirements for getting a D/L.

Step 2: All those poor illegals don't meet the requirements now, so to fix this dilemna...

Step 3: Feds grant instant citizenship (or rights equivalent to citizenship) to said aliens. "Problem solved".
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1

They say its for the illegals to differentiate.. But they dont care about the illegals so what could their real intent be?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

They say its for the illegals to differentiate.. But they dont care about the illegals so what could their real intent be?

Tin foil hat aside, everyone should agree that there is something wrong (of MAJOR proportions) when the government moves to enact legislation (Patriot Act and National ID) which only impact law abiding CITIZENS and yet, drag their feet when it comes to border security and illegal aliens!  WTF?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Papers, please.  

You don't need to see my identification

[jedi handwave]

h.gif

beat me to it
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Good....also wouldn't these REAL ID cards also have RFID chips in them?

I haven't heard that determination yet. The DHS gets to decide what the "machine readable technology" is, that must be implemented into the card. The way I understand it, they can change their minds about what the "machine readable technology" is anytime they want.

So, it doesn't necessarily have to be RFID to start with. Could be bar codes, or something else.

Regardless, I don't like the implications.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I dont trust governments ...any of them

Renolds is the foil to use.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I heard there were a number of states against it, including mine.

In Before Dave_A and his "stopping illegal immigration is useless" and "bow down before my golden calf which is your .gov".

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Tin foil hat aside, everyone should agree that there is something wrong (of MAJOR proportions) when the government moves to enact legislation (Patriot Act and National ID) which only impact law abiding CITIZENS and yet, drag their feet when it comes to border security and illegal aliens!  WTF?

Nothing 'tin foil' about it.

It's EXACTLY like gun control.
It's only about control of the Citizens of this country.
Does nothing to stop criminals, like illegal aliens.
Only affects the 'law-abiding' citizens.
Illegals will still drive without a license.
They'll still open bank accounts.
They'll still buy cell phones.
They'll still buy homes (or rent, either way they'll have 40 people in a 2 bedroom).
They'll still walk into emergency rooms demanding medical attention.
And not pay.
They'll still get jobs using your SSN.
They'll still open credit card accounts with your SSN.
They'll still buy cars.  Or steal them.
They'll still rape our women.
They'll still kill our people.
They'll still drink and drive.
They'll still murder someone and slip back across the 'border' into Mexico for safe hiding, until public outcry dies down and they sneak back accross the border, and steal a different person's SSN.

Bullshit laws like this are EXACTLY like gun control.
Citizens can't get away with the above bullshit.
Only illegals can.
And some new national ID with biometrics, fingerprints, anal probes, and thought monitoring devices, etc. etc.
WILL NOT stop illegal aliens.

Like everything else the .gov does these days,
it's all about control.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#22]
just ask "Dave_A" or "FedDC", which are probably the same person anyway.

"You peons, stop complaining about illegal immigration!  you are insensitive!  leave the mexicans alone!  They are here to do the jobs you won't do!
If you're not part of the .gov, you're the enemy!
If you don't support this National ID bill, you're the enemy!
If you believe the national ID law exists, you're the tinfoil man!
Border walls and fences will not solve anything!  Only bullshit laws will!
Fences and walls make bad neighbors!  Nevermind the chinese built a wall before modern technology and heavy-earth-moving-equipment!!  We  can put a man on the moon, but we can't build a wall!
Silly citizen, get back to work!  millions of illegals and my brethren in the .gov depend on you!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

They'll still buy homes (or rent, either way they'll have 40 people in a 2 bedroom).
And not pay.
They'll still murder someone and slip back across the 'border' into Mexico for safe hiding, until public outcry dies down and they sneak back accross the border, and steal a different person's SSN.

Only illegals can.
And some new national ID with biometrics, fingerprints, anal probes, and thought monitoring devices, etc. etc.

it's all about control.

Well said my friend.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Papers, please. si senior

YOU FORGOT SOME THING
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Brian must've been sober that day (or maybe he was drunk). He actually came into my office a while back. Was touring our location. I declined to leave my cubicle to meet him.

As dissappointing as the politics in our state have been the past few years, at least this issue has gone well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And not pay.

Only illegals can.

it's all about control.

You forgot the following....

They (and those who support illegal aliens) insult our intelligence by
claiming they make vital contributions to our society and economy.
How, by not paying taxes on illegal income recieved?  Last estimate I
saw said that illegals wired over $20 BILLION to families back home in Mexico.
This is $$$ they paid NO taxes on.  And despite their vital contributions
(dripping with sarcasm)...they enroll their illegal children in our schools, once
again without paying any of the associated taxes to pay for their education.
You and I get to pay to for that shit.  And they plunder our social services to
the bone.  Sadly, this is why I've even quit giving money to local charities.  Until
they can assure me they verify that my money is only going to help AMERICANS,
I'm done giving.  If you continue to feed the illegals who are here (for FREE) they
have NO reason to go home.    
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#27]
SC has rejected it too unless the Feds foot the entire bill for it.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Brian must've been sober that day (or maybe he was drunk). He actually came into my office a while back. Was touring our location. I declined to leave my cubicle to meet him.

As dissappointing as the politics in our state have been the past few years, at least this issue has gone well.

I met him once at a gun show....not impressed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top