Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Jackson and Josephine along with Linn county Sheriffs in Oregon will not enforce any ban.

http://www.kdrv.com/sheriffs-respond-to-presidents-proposal/

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

the state legislature was pissed when govenor vetoed the conceal carry on school grounds bill. i imagine they will try to do something like this. i hope anyway

+1
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Coworker just heard on the radio that Alaska is working on a bill like the one in Texas that will put the smack down on Fed's trying to enforce Fed gun laws in the State... that's all I got at the moment... developing

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There was a post on here yesterday where Ark. was doing this also.

Here's the local news blurb about it:

News Linky
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
State reps here in AL have a lighter version of the other PRO gun states they will introduce on Feb 5.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PA said no changes this morning. We will see if they back it ip with language.

We can only hope.  This state scares me sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Our governor is a fucking tool.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Missouri has 3 proposed bills: HB162, HB170, and SB150.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We just passed the strongest 2A amendment to date plus Jindal likes to be Obama's nemesis (if only he was really good at it).  Count us unofficially.

Link me and you get on the map.

actual text in LA constitution as of Nov 2012

NRA page

liberal papers trying to stop it
more liberal papers pre-vote
im so scared of guns!

LA voters passing this amendment 75-25

I have more links if you need them, but we are almost as pro gun as it gets.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#10]
C'mon Florida...
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great idea. Thank goodness I'm moving soon to one of these states.

Not a state, but another story of a sheriff recommending refusal.  Obviously, I'm sure the state legislature will comment at some point ...
Oregon Sheriff

I am not sure I am allowed to go into details, but the sheriff of a major county in Colorado has stated his refusal to enforce unconstitutional laws here.
I'm not trying to be cute, and I have seen the memo he sent to county deputies.
OTOH, Lickenpooper will likely not agree with him.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
PA said no changes this morning. We will see if they back it ip with language.

We can only hope.  This state scares me sometimes.

Looks like someone is promising a bill:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=10858

I've already written my state rep asking him to support it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Coworker just heard on the radio that Alaska is working on a bill like the one in Texas that will put the smack down on Fed's trying to enforce Fed gun laws in the State... that's all I got at the moment... developing

- Clint

HB 69 was introduced today and referred to Judiciary.
Add Alaska to the list.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I cannot wait to finish college and move out of liberal Massachusetts.

spending 40$ for a preban 30 round mag that still might become illegal if do nothing Deval gets his way.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We just passed the strongest 2A amendment to date plus Jindal likes to be Obama's nemesis (if only he was really good at it).  Count us unofficially.

Link me and you get on the map.

actual text in LA constitution as of Nov 2012

NRA page

liberal papers trying to stop it
more liberal papers pre-vote
im so scared of guns!

LA voters passing this amendment 75-25

I have more links if you need them, but we are almost as pro gun as it gets.

75-25
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
WTF Alabama is not on there yet? Gotta write my state reps...
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Sixth largest Sheriffs office in Ga checking in......

Our sheriff is not enforcing any eo will have press conference if one is ordered or unlawfully passed. He has told the commanders over the shifts who have told deputies in official roll call meetings. This isn't a small sheriffs office either folks. No one is budging in this so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#19]
All 57 will resist.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the .Fed will do what it always does.....hold federal funds for roads, housing and disaster relief.

They haven't done anything to the states that legalized marijuana in defiance of federal law.

Because they want MJ to be legal. Pick and choose which laws you want to enforce.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can I suggest that you put an opposing color on the States that have legislation pending/passed for Gun Control?

NY - Passed
MD - Pending

This will create a scorecard of sorts.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Missouri has 3 proposed bills: HB162, HB170, and SB150.

The SB150 looks best.  OP can you get these links up in your post?  Thanks.

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=17254559

http://house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB162&year=2013&code=R

http://house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB170&year=2013&code=R

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#23]
How about Idaho? http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2010/H0589.pdf

Passed in 2010 still in effect.

1 (5) Section 11, Article I, of the Constitution of the State of Idaho

2 clearly secures to Idaho citizens, and prohibits government interference

3 with, the right of individual Idaho citizens to keep and bear arms. This

4 constitutional protection in the Idaho Constitution, which was approved by

5 Congress and the people of Idaho, and the right exists as it was understood at

6 the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted

7 by Idaho and the United States in 1890.

BTW my first post.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Alaska is in:
http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_bill.asp?bill=HB%20%2069&session=28

11 out of 40 reps currently co-sponsor and the GOP owns the house, senate, and governor's house.  The GOP Speaker of the AK House and the Chair of the Judiciary Committee support the legislation.

Basically WY style but making enforcement of federal law a Class B misdemeanor rather than a felony.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Alaska is in:
http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_bill.asp?bill=HB%20%2069&session=28

11 out of 40 reps currently co-sponsor and the GOP owns the house, senate, and governor's house.  The GOP Speaker of the AK House and the Chair of the Judiciary Committee support the legislation.

Basically WY style but making enforcement of federal law a Class B misdemeanor rather than a felony.

Don't forget we also have the Firearm Freedom Act (I dont remember the bill number) but that was passed and signed 2+ years ago.

Basically anything made in state (minus pins, springs, and screws) and does not leave the state, the feds can't touch and the state may choose to defend the person the Feds Tag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Hb69 amends the firearm freedom to accomplish its purpose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

- Clint

I really hope this is true.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
State reps here in AL have a lighter version of the other PRO gun states they will introduce on Feb 5.

Any link to the bill?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OK will probably be along shortly.

I hope so because I haven't heard shit yet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Mississippi announced they are working on a bill as well

Mississippi Firearms Freedom Act
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:25:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
C'mon Florida...

And away we go.....

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mississippi announced they are working on a bill as well

Mississippi Firearms Freedom Act

They also have another proposal being worked up for submission known as the Firearms Protection Act.

Text is about halfway down this page:
http://www.msgunowners.com/t35455-the-states-coming-up-with-state-gun-laws-that-supersede-federal-law
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Not so much state as my county will Resist the Sheriff said fuck em to.

Lee county NC Sherrif says this

and his news letter says it also

not that i am saying it but he backs all guns read between the lines not just semi auto.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
please, nevada... please...

Tell me about it.  We've had a wave of turds lately from Cali lately trying to pull their crap here.

Like I have said in another post, I trade desert conditions for my freedom here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I THINK I got everything, if I missed one let me know.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#36]
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=10858

Representative Metcalfe is getting the Pennsylvania "Right to Bear Arms Protection Act" moving.  My representative, Fred Keller is a sponsor too!

Perhaps Pennsylvania will be the front line with NY on one side and MD on the other?

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I thought Montana did that a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Representative Metcalfe is getting the Pennsylvania "Right to Bear Arms Protection Act" moving.  My representative, Fred Keller is a sponsor too!

Perhaps Pennsylvania will be the front line with NY on one side and MD on the other?

Gotcha covered

Again, I'm not interested in the "anti-gun" states. This thread is about states standing up for their rights, not the ones who bend over and offer theirs up on a silver platter.

ETA: OP is a bit more organized. The list is getting longer....
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Well, I'm not exactly sure where under the Commerce Clause they draw justification for registration of firearms. Not sure, why that's a Federal power and not one reserved to the States under the 10th Amendment?

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#40]
My leftist commie star won't do shit. Looks like I'm moving back to AK
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#41]
May have already been posted but,

yep, page 2,
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#42]
You can add Larimer County, CO.

You can see it on his facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/SheriffJustinSmith

"Preserving our Constitutional Republic

The United States was very deliberatively established as a Constitutional Republic. John Adams said it succinctly "We are a nation of laws, not a nation of men." Our founding was based on the clear understanding that we are endowed by our Creator with our unalienable Rights. While our Constitution clearly defined these Rights, it did not create or establish these rights and no government official has the authority to take these Rights away.

The most basic of these Rights include life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To assure the protection of these Rights, our Constitution was amended in 1791 with the Bill of Rights. The second Right articulated in the amendments was the Right of self-protection by individual citizens through the private ownership and possession of firearms.

Our founders had the wisdom to establish a nation where citizens granted the authority to be governed from the local level up to the federal level and they made it clear that the powers of the federal government were to be limited to only the areas defined in our Constitution. The government established by our Constitution is a divided government which created a balance of powers between the legislative, judicial and executive branches. Each branch has limited powers and each has an ability to keep the other in check. The executive branch is empowered to enforce laws, but not to establish laws.

That has not changed.

Colorado was established with the Constitutional Office of Sheriff. Statutes define the specific duties of the Sheriff, but through tradition and law, it is clear, the Sheriff's duties include the absolute obligation to protect the Rights of the citizens of the county, and the Sheriff is accountable directly to those citizens. The Colorado Sheriff occupies this independent office which is not a subservient department of county, state or federal government.

As Sheriff, I will not:
• Enforce unconstitutional federal laws
• Obey unconstitutional laws
• Allow others to violate the Constitutional Rights of those in my county

I encourage thinking citizens of all political affiliations, or no political affiliation, to carefully and logically follow the shell game that is occurring before their very eyes. The only possible way to achieve "universal background checks" for private transactions of lawfully-owned firearms is to register every single firearm in existence in our nation. Otherwise, the federal government could never prove the transaction of a firearm. Anyone who fails to go through with such registration will be defined as a criminal by our federal government. That same government which has all too often has failed to enforce the current laws against criminal predators, will then start to discriminately target and prosecute law-abiding Americans who are simply exercising their Constitutionally recognized Right to keep and bear arms.

We must understand that while we are talking about the Right to keep and bear arms today, we could just as easily be talking about the Right to lawfully assemble and petition our government, the Right to free speech, the Right to worship freely, the Right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure or any of our other Rights. They all have to be defended without fail.

I will continue to honor my oath to uphold the Constitution and protect citizens of my county. I will not allow unconstitutional proposals to stand. County by county, state by state, we must protect these God-given Rights that so many fine Americans before us have defended with their lives over the last 237 years. We will remain a Constitutional Republican for as long as we are respectful of these Rights.

<FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS IF YOU AGREE >"
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I gotta imagine that Kentucky will be along shortly. Best gun laws in the nation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#44]
In the end...it will probably look a lot like this...

2012 Election Results
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#45]
You can add North Dakota to the list of pending. 8 pro gun bills were introduced to the legislature including one relevant to this thread, expanding places we can carry, constitutional carry and legitimizing using suppressors for hunting. I made a thread with all the links in hometown and GD.

North Dakota pro gun legislation
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I suggest that you put an opposing color on the States that have legislation pending/passed for Gun Control?

NY - Passed
MD - Pending

http://i.imgur.com/HLTvJ.png?1

Can we get this one into the OP?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Arizona has a "Firearms Freedom Act" that was passed in 2010.  Specifically, HB2307 amended ARS title 13 to add section 13-3114.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03114.htm
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Considering we just changed our Constitution in favor of the 2nd, I'm hoping we have something in the works too.

This

This x'3

Fed's might do that same thing they did to us about the drinking age. How would LA fight against that?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY - Passed
MD - Pending

http://i.imgur.com/HLTvJ.png?1

This data combined with the data of Sheriffs openly opposing federal restrictions would be a great resource and definitely need a sticky.

I could certainly use it.

<------  MD
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow, the Idaho amendment is quite the read.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top