Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 8:19:27 AM EDT
This VT shooter thing is getting out of hand I think. I went out back to run some drills with the 6920 and the old workhorse G19 a little while ago. Shot for about 20 minutes and popped off around 150 rounds. No big deal, I do it all the time.

We have a dog that will run away if we let her out of the house. She grew up in the city and can't deal with the country, she loses her mind. My wife left the door open yesterday and she ran off. Usually when I do some shooting the dogs will come running home. (My German Shepherd tries to herd her home, and will follow her for a little while).

So, I'm pouring my dump pouch out into the four wheeler after a nice little workout and realize I still have no dogs.  So, I ride into the garage and put the irons away, and a State Trooper pulls into the driveway. Now I'm really worried about my dogs.

Turns out, some old lady called the state troopers, frantic about hearing gunfire, and wanting them to investigate it right away. I know the Trooper, he tried to help me get a form 1 approved once, and he is a shooter himself. He seemed pretty irritated that he had to check this call out.

So, now I'm thinking, what should I do. The rest of my ridge doesn't get home until about 4 or 430. Maybe we could wrangle up a nice machine gun shoot or something. I'm amazed that someone called the law. This is West Virginia, people shoot all the time. On new years the whole country side sounds like an embattled Somalia or something.

Anyway, this was probably a pretty boring post, but I just hope I find my dogs before any officers of the law.
Oh, and don't bother telling me how irresponsible I am for letting my German Shepherd run free on the property, or for shooting in my boxershorts while smoking a cigar.

If any of you other West by God Virginians see a big dumb German Shepherd with drool hanging out of his mouth chasing a little brown pitbull mix I'm on radio channel 9/06, or just yell off your roof.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the laugh.  

Aren't you worried one of your neighbors will fall through their tarpaper roof and hurt themselves?

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Why would he be irritated at coming out?  Hell, it's part of the job and it all pays the same.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If I send you 90 rounds will you bump fire it all as fast as you can?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why would he be irritated at coming out?  Hell, it's part of the job and it all pays the same.  

Three reasons;

1. The ST didn't get to shoot any dogs.

2. He had to deal with a guy in boxer shorts.

3. The guy in boxers didn't have any more cigars.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the laugh.  

Aren't you worried one of your neighbors will fall through their tarpaper roof and hurt themselves?

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the laugh.  

They'll be fine as long as they stay standing on one of the tires up there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I send you 90 rounds will you bump fire it all as fast as you can?

SIR YES SIR! I'm a slut for ammo. I'll wash your car too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the laugh.  

They'll be fine as long as they stay standing on one of the tires up there.

i laughed
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#9]
No dogs here

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, my big brainless Shepherd came home. He never stays out for long. He's really a home body.

Here's a picture of him in the front yard with my daughter.

He probably thought she was digging in the leaves for food.

Still waiting on this flea bag.

She'll probably bring another deer carcass home. Our front yard looks like a deer got hit with a mortar round. There is deer hair and bones all over. Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Hope there aren't any Thai resturants close by
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This VT shooter thing is getting out of hand I think. I went out back to run some drills with the 6920 and the old workhorse G19 a little while ago. Shot for about 20 minutes and popped off around 150 rounds. No big deal, I do it all the time.

We have a dog that will run away if we let her out of the house. She grew up in the city and can't deal with the country, she loses her mind. My wife left the door open yesterday and she ran off. Usually when I do some shooting the dogs will come running home. (My German Shepherd tries to herd her home, and will follow her for a little while).

So, I'm pouring my dump pouch out into the four wheeler after a nice little workout and realize I still have no dogs.  So, I ride into the garage and put the irons away, and a State Trooper pulls into the driveway. Now I'm really worried about my dogs.

Turns out, some old lady called the state troopers, frantic about hearing gunfire, and wanting them to investigate it right away. I know the Trooper, he tried to help me get a form 1 approved once, and he is a shooter himself. He seemed pretty irritated that he had to check this call out.

So, now I'm thinking, what should I do. The rest of my ridge doesn't get home until about 4 or 430. Maybe we could wrangle up a nice machine gun shoot or something. I'm amazed that someone called the law. This is West Virginia, people shoot all the time. On new years the whole country side sounds like an embattled Somalia or something.

Anyway, this was probably a pretty boring post, but I just hope I find my dogs before any officers of the law.
Oh, and don't bother telling me how irresponsible I am for letting my German Shepherd run free on the property, or for shooting in my boxershorts while smoking a cigar.

If any of you other West by God Virginians see a big dumb German Shepherd with drool hanging out of his mouth chasing a little brown pitbull mix I'm on radio channel 9/06, or just yell off your roof.

Damn.. this sounds serious.  I'm coming over to investigate all of your firearms.  Please have all of them fully cleaned and ready to shoot.  Please have at least 1,000 rounds of ammo of each caliber for all firearms you own (or 1,000 rounds per firearm if they are full auto.)  Please have a second four wheeler fully gassed up and ready to go.  And if you have an outdoor BBQ pit, please have lots of BBQ and beer on standby: I may want to set up a command post.  

I am from the Secret Bureau of Awesome Guns and I am here to help.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#13]

She'll probably bring another deer carcass home. Our front yard looks like a deer got hit with a mortar round. There is deer hair and bones all over. Very nice.

Just move the rusted out Dodge Aspen , to cover up the bones

for shooting in my boxershorts while smoking a cigar.

Should put up a pic for the ladies of ArF ..........
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Damn.. this sounds serious.  I'm coming over to investigate all of your firearms.  Please have all of them fully cleaned and ready to shoot.  Please have at least 1,000 rounds of ammo of each caliber for all firearms you own (or 1,000 rounds per firearm if they are full auto.)  Please have a second four wheeler fully gassed up and ready to go.  And if you have an outdoor BBQ pit, please have lots of BBQ and beer on standby: I may want to set up a command post.  

I am from the Secret Bureau of Awesome Guns and I am here to help.

NICE!  I think I'd change the agency name tho.  I'm an S-BAG agent???  2IDdoc - where you located?  I have family outside of Beckley.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well, my big brainless Shepherd came home. He never stays out for long. He's really a home body.

Here's a picture of him in the front yard with my daughter.
www.hunt101.com/img/458781-big.jpg

He probably thought she was digging in the leaves for food.

Still waiting on this flea bag.
www.hunt101.com/img/453682.jpg

The second dog a Great Dane mix?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#16]
hopfully  your dogs are raping your old women neighobors dogs

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Just an update: I had a Rin Tin Tin moment with my Shepherd a little while ago. I went out side and he kept heading off to the neighbor's house(the good neighbors) and then stopping and running back to me. My first thought was that, "Oh no, little Timmy fell down the well?", "no?, Old man Wilson's barn has caught fire?", "Oh, I see, your dirt bag buddy is hanging out at the neighbors eating milkbones and lounging around by the fire while we drive around in the rain looking for her flea bitten behind?"  BINGO.

So he jumped up behind me on the 4 wheeler and we cruised over to the neighbors, and sure enough, there's my little princess, all snuggled up in a thick blanket by the fire, stuffed full of table scraps, and too lazy to even open her eyes when I walk in the door. Sgt. Schultze, my Shepherd threw down some dicipline in short order however. and gave her a stern reprimand.

I'm just happy I found my dog.
Oh, and any S-BAG agents in the area are always welcome to do an inspection.
I'm in Morgan county.
Oh, and to the wise acre that told me to just move the truck over the deer carcass, it's kind of hard to do when the truck is sitting on cinder blocks. I'll lower the engine back down out of the tree when I get done working on it, and maybe then I can move it.
Oh, and I don't think Mojo(little brown dog) has any great Dane in her. She only weighs 45 pounds. I think she might be a Black Mouth Cur, that or a pitbull, hell I don't know. She's a sweet little thing, and great with the kids. She killed one of my ducks once though.
Anyway, I gotta get back outside, there is a skunk that I'm trying to nail, and I want to be ready for him. AR15's are great for pest control. My Shepherd helps me find 'em, and then he runs behind me so I can shoot . We got a possum a few nights ago, hit him running at about thirty yards. Hell of an exit wound with Guat surplus 55 grain ball out of a 16" LMT.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Doncha just love living out in the country???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top