I'm too lazy to read cold links.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It is about the Missouri memo
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm too lazy to read cold links.

And I'm to stupid to figure out how to hot link.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]

"Police were instructed to look for Americans who were concerned about unemployment, taxes, illegal immigration, gangs, border security, abortion, high costs of living, gun restrictions, FEMA, the IRS, The Federal Reserve, and the North American Union/SPP/North American Community. The 'Missouri Documents' also said potential domestic terrorists might like gun shows, short wave radios, combat movies, movies with white male heroes, Tom Clancey Novels, and Presidential Candidates Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin!" ALIPAC wrote.

Why wouldn't an American be concerned about all of the above?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]
That pretty much covers

EVERYONE.

On a bike trip through Arkansas, we hopped over to MO. Never in my life did i see more family trees that didn't branch. No offense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Apparently, my own state thinks I am anti-law enforcement and veiw the police as threats because I voted for Ron Paul.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Police were instructed to look for Americans who were concerned about unemployment, taxes, illegal immigration, gangs, border security, abortion, high costs of living, gun restrictions, FEMA, the IRS, The Federal Reserve, and the North American Union/SPP/North American Community. The 'Missouri Documents' also said potential domestic terrorists might like gun shows, short wave radios, combat movies, movies with white male heroes, Tom Clancey Novels, and Presidential Candidates Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin!" ALIPAC wrote.

According to that list...the only ones not included on it would be the Obama Administration..

The rest of the US are "concerned"...As long as he has his NewPorts and fucking thousand dollar steaks then I guess he is good to go

Damn, I think I just broke a tooth from doing this––––––>

No kidding!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They forgot the "likes Chuck Norris movies" part.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
 Makes me ashamed to be the POLICE.   We are better than this.  I promise. Most of us are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:42:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#12]
And so it Ceases!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:26:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Apparently, my own state thinks I am anti-law enforcement and veiw the police as threats because I voted for Ron Paul.

"My review of the procedures used by the MIAC in the three years since its inception indicates that the mechanism in place for oversight of reports needs improvement,"

No shit, Sherlock.  Of course, this presupposes that this report wasn't a trial balloon that spooged all over your face, Chief Keathley.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
 Makes me ashamed to be the POLICE.   We are better than this.  I promise. Most of us are.

After crap like this, the appropriate question is "Why should we believe you?"
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because some of us policemen are in the same catagory of "we" that you are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:37:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?a=quote&b=1&f=5&t=851398&r=17072351&page=1#

and the rest of us don't care what you think!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:43:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick question.  Did you profile yourself and then keep a good watch on yourself since you might have met some of the criteria?

Nothing like keeping a mirror nearby and a video camera...."I've got you now militia nutbag....oh wait, my hairs mussed, ah ha!  I knew you'd make a move!"  

That would probably result in a trip to the happy home.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes me ashamed to be the POLICE. We are better than this. I promise. Most of us are.

Quick question. Did you profile yourself and then keep a good watch on yourself since you might have met some of the criteria?

Nothing like keeping a mirror nearby and a video camera...."I've got you now militia nutbag....oh wait, my hairs mussed, ah ha! I knew you'd make a move!"

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:32:20 AM EDT
[#19]
so, basiclly, they pulled it because they were upset John Q got a hold of it and it emabarassed them

I read the report, thourghly, what I saw was a guide line for LEO and Military support in dealing with a public that needed to be either SHUT UP or Rounded up,
with the attacks on the first admendment, Govt(read that as Pelosi) wanting to take over major papers, the attacks on the second, our LEADERS making mea culpas around the globe for the evil conservatives of the USA and all the horrible things we did/do..

wasnt meant to be seen by you and I and trust me Missouri is not the only STATE officals making/promoting similar outlooks for our future..

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:36:38 AM EDT
[#20]

They didn't mention AR-15.com by name? Way to beat around the bush
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Makes me ashamed to be the POLICE. We are better than this. I promise. Most of us are.

Quick question. Did you profile yourself and then keep a good watch on yourself since you might have met some of the criteria?

Nothing like keeping a mirror nearby and a video camera...."I've got you now militia nutbag....oh wait, my hairs mussed, ah ha! I knew you'd make a move!"

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm very concerned about shit  like this. It seems something new everyday lately.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I for one  ... applaud you Sir!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#24]
So if I have an OBAMA/BIDEN sticker on my car does it mean they can pull me over for smokin crack???

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I for one  ... applaud you Sir!

+1

There are still some good 'peace officers' out there. Only thing is, they are FEW and FAR BETWEEN.

Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#26]
There are peace officers.they enfore the law and try to mantain the peace.... then there are police officers and they enforce state code,and collect revenue for the state.. read the book by Richard Mack (the proper role of law enforcement)..what every citizen should know. what every cop should believe..An eye opener to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't get upset, we are mature to know there's always some

bad apples. We don't let it ruin the image of the rest of you.

Just like being a gun owner and someone in the media

trying to give us a bad image for what someone else did.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:18:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Good grief....

I don't want them discriminating against our militia brothers in any case..... but this isn't even a half-decent definition. This includes practically every member of society.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

CRAP THAT'S MY DOSSIER!!!11!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#30]
All militias are treated as potentially hostile by LE. It's a "prepare for the worst" paradigm to allow continuity of training policies and procedures!... or so says a friend of mine on the local ERT.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Did they leave ANYONE out?  Wowsers
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#32]
That report does explain why the officer who stopped me for speeding called for back up when he found out I have a CCW along with a Gadsden flag on my truck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude dont be an ass, he was trying to make it clear that the LEO's have a brain cell and are questioning this document thoroughly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#34]
This is old news, both this particular story and the broad definition of terrorism.  Last year the .gov put out a handbook saying people that could quote the constitution were terrorists.

The ATF could show up at your house today, take your shit... put it all out on a table for CNN headline news and mention how you frequent "terrorist web sites"  and the sheep would thank them.  

Lon Horiuchi could shoot your wife standing in your doorway tomorrow and there would be plenty of ARFCOMers saying "good shoot."

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a Ron Paul sticker on my car. I own a gun store. I like Tom Clancy novels. I'm white. I... I...

Holy crap! They are looking for ME!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a Ron Paul sticker on my car. I own a gun store. I like Tom Clancy novels. I'm white. I... I...

Holy crap! They are looking for ME!

Hell im suprised my picture isnt beside the defintion of "Domestic Terrorist" if that is all the criteria I have to meet
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Fuck em

big brother is watching you
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd be willing to bet a bunch of people up in arms about this (as they should be) have supported profiling in the past. The only difference is... the profiling wasn't aimed at them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't read cold links.

Neither do I read World Nut Daily links.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Lets see, there is a huge gang problem in this country and they are worried about militias, get fucking real.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I took my Tom Clancy novels back to the library, so I wouldn't be an official terrorist any more.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Guys, 98% of these guys ARE us. They're on our side. Stop demonizing them, you're demonizing US!

ETA: I'm not a police officer. I know a few, and only met a couple who were douches. I wish I could say the same thing about Marines.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#43]
All I can say is good on Chief James Keathley!  I read that report and thought the station I work out of would be listed as a domestic terrorist cell!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though I'm not a cop I still agree with KaseyK's above comment. Most of the cops that I've been around seemed to be squared away and honest individuals.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No but you helped elect obango.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That list takes care of lots of the local police right there. I have always enjoyed a love/hate relationship with the cops, but after speaking to a few, I am comforted to find that the majority of local cops thought this memo was bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That pretty much covers

EVERYONE.

On a bike trip through Arkansas, we hopped over to MO. Never in my life did i see more family trees that didn't branch. No offense.

Those were the transplants from AR!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That pretty much covers

EVERYONE.

The rule of thumb is while in MO, people like that inhabit the same areas as the armadillo. The farther North you go, the less there are. That is, until you get to St. Joseph

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That pretty much covers

EVERYONE.

The rule of thumb is while in MO, people like that inhabit the same areas as the armadillo. The farther North you go, the less there are. That is, until you get to St. Joseph

Yep!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Well damn, that describes me pretty well.  

I'm even in a militia, according to the Wyoming State Constitution.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top