Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2002 8:25:02 PM EDT
Well, I'm finally posting this message.  I've really starting thinking that I'm never really going to be happy with myself, until I'm in business for myself.  I'm just going to have to do this someday.

I'm thinking that I would like to start a rage / tactical equipment / gun shop someday, but I do not yet know the least of what would be involved in doing this.

The only advice that's been given to me thus far, is that Oregon doesn't seem to have ANY public ranges, just private shooting clubs.  Is there some law against having a public range there?

Anyway, yes this is just a pipe dream for now.  But one day not working toward what you really want is just one day wasted...  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If you start an indoor range/shop, the only way to be profitable is to sell memberships (month or year). Around here in middle TN, a year is going for $200 for 1 person and family for $350.

If you are in a rural area, offer your range free of charge to the local PD or sherrifs dept.  Most rural LEO agency's have outdoor ranges or have to drive 2 hours to qualify/practice, and the goodwill will go for miles.

Also rent out for CCW classes or offer them yourself.  Evenings and weekends are the best public times, and weekday mornings is good for a womes class.

Become "the name" for high quality merchandise and offer to order anything an LEO might want, even if you make only a small profit.

A company called [url]www.BulletTrap.com[/url] makes some of the finest indoor raqnge systems.

Somewhere there is a DIY checklist for range ownership.  If I come across it I'll let you know.

Finally, If you are going to relocate from GA to OR, I'd investigate very carefully the swing of the political pendulum.  Noting like sinking 50K into a project only to watch it go down the tubes.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
And whatever you do, don't let anyone from Cavalry Arms shoot at your range.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is that?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is that?
View Quote

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=81925[/url] [:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH OMGAHAHAHH!!H!!! AHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!AHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA I CANT FUCKING BELIVE IT!! AHAHAHHAHAHAHA OMG I GOTTA GET DOWN THERE WITH MY CAV FAST! I CANT BELIVE THIS HALF WIT IS OPENING A RANGE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT, yes I've read all about the Toad thing already. [:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top