Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 5:40:24 PM EDT
I already have a lawyer, but I like hearing the thoughts and opinions of this place.

So, I am looking to start a business doing something that is unique, innovative, and lacking any sort of social responsibility/modicum of decency.

My lawyer is already doing the LLC paperwork for me, but I need to bring on ~3 more people. I already picked them out, know them well/fairly well, and they all seem like a good fit. However, I don't want any of these jackasses getting cute and thinking they can bogart my idea and run with it.

Besides asking them if they like the taste of cold steel/lead, what else can I do to ensure they don't try any funny business. Have them sign a non-disclosure agreement? What else?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:50:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2011 5:51:52 PM EDT by Cossa]
Confidentiality/non disclosure agreement, won't give away trade secrets, indemnity, Atty fees, injunctions, the works. About the best you can do

Eta: oh and don't tell them more than they need to know
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:57:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By poink:
I already have a lawyer, but I like hearing the thoughts and opinions of this place.

So, I am looking to start a business doing something that is unique, innovative, and lacking any sort of social responsibility/modicum of decency.

My lawyer is already doing the LLC paperwork for me, but I need to bring on ~3 more people. I already picked them out, know them well/fairly well, and they all seem like a good fit. However, I don't want any of these jackasses getting cute and thinking they can bogart my idea and run with it.

Besides asking them if they like the taste of cold steel/lead, what else can I do to ensure they don't try any funny business. Have them sign a non-disclosure agreement? What else?

So you intend to start a business that is unethical and indecent?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:02:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dehammer:

Depending upon one's perspective.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:05:22 PM EDT
I'll let you in on a little secret:

If you tell ANYBODY ELSE, it's not your idea anymore.

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2011 6:11:44 PM EDT by BoilingToad]
Just in case get a non-compete clause

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:37:19 PM EDT

Poink goin pimpin
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:44:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yipykyah_mf:

Poink goin pimpin

Been doin' that since I was born, yo'

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:23:46 PM EDT

First Served, First Come!
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:02:07 PM EDT
Just remember that unique ideas are a dime a dozen. Skillful execution is what's usually lacking.

Also - if you have ZERO competition, then demand for your product is probably small or non-existent.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:27:32 PM EDT

Depending upon one's perspective.

Im thinking buses with stripper poles.

Top Top