Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 7:05:55 AM EDT
First time watching Dawn of the Dead watching now what should I expect?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Sudden urges to buy more ammunition and weapons may be present, consult a licensed dealer if you develop these symptoms.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
By now you've already been shocked by a Priest's head exploding from a shotgun blast.  The rest is a piece of cake !

There are some morbidly funny scenes.  It's a classic.   Big bites of flesh being consumed.  Not for everyone.  Enjoy !
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Wello Watched it and it was good but no ARs.  This was the 04 version not bad but not the best.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
You didn't like Andy?

I like that movie a lot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I do like andy's place but he had no MREs how can someone not have canned food at his place of work?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I do like andy's place but he had no MREs how can someone not have canned food at his place of work?

My EXACT thought when he said he was hungry.  What gunshop doesn't have MRE'S?

Fricken great movie though
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<fan-wank>  On the DVD extra of Andy's video diary we learn he's recently separated/divorced from his wife.....so maybe he had been living off his SHTF stash of MREs because legal/alimony/child support bills have put a scrunch on his grocery money.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<fan-wank>  On the DVD extra of Andy's video diary we learn he's recently separated/divorced from his wife.....so maybe he had been living off his SHTF stash of MREs because legal/alimony/child support bills have put a scrunch on his grocery money.  

He also may have eaten what little he had in the first couple of days.  Wasn't he there about two weeks or so before they attempted to send him supplies?  A guy could go through two cases of MREs in that time and still be starving by then.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Wasn't he there about two weeks or so before they attempted to send him supplies?
You can track the timeline in Andy's home video "extra", and IIRC it is several weeks.

I may be a little twisted, but in the first few minutes, when the woman is driving her car down the street with her "husband" in hot pursuit, it was funny as hell the way he glanced to the side and then veered off to make the tackle on the person standing in their yard.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I may be a little twisted, but in the first few minutes, when the woman is driving her car down the street with her "husband" in hot pursuit, it was funny as hell the way he glanced to the side and then veered off to make the tackle on the person standing in their yard.

lol, that's a good part.

a good question is why she would of just been standing in her front lawn watching all of it, not very bright.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, that's a good part.

a good question is why she would of just been standing in her front lawn watching all of it, not very bright.

Darwinism in action.  Stand around slackjawed & sheeplike during a zombie outbreak=zombie chow.

That part is one of my faves also.  

Another question:  Why wasn't the husband a bit freaked when he saw the neighbor girl in the house?  I don't care how friendly you are with your neighbors I'd be just a bit more wary waking up with one just silently standing in my hall.

They also wasted ammo taking out zombies that could have been put down otherwise.  The zombie bite infected dad could have been restrained/caged & dealt with without Ving wasting a shotshell.  Plus it would have gave them a chance to study/observe how a zombie functions.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Which dawn of the dead?

The Dawn 04 remake?  The Unrated Dawn 04 remake?

Dawn of the Dead 78 theatrical release
Dawn of the Dead 78 directors cut
Dawn of the Dead 78 Argento European Cut
Dawn of the Dead 78 German Cut (extended edition with all the incidental footage excluded from other cuts of the film)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was an excellent documentary.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
We need an indi training movie put together by arfcom members.  It should be funny, and convey usefull information about how to deal with the zombie horde.  Any suggestions for chapters/info would be appreciated.

Example.

Chapter 1 - Surviving first contact.
Chapter 2 - Establishing weakness of your enemy.
Chapter 3 - Proper use of blunt and sharp weapons.
Chapter 4 - Proper use of firearms and improvised weapons.
Chapter 5 - Escape and evasion routes and tools.
Chapter 6 - Forting up, howto and whento.
Chapter 7 - The government is not here to help you (unless its the British SAS).
Chapter 8 - Exploiting the undead after you have secured your future.
Chapter 9 - Rebuilding society one chick at a time.
Chapter 10 -  Making sure that chick you are about to rebuild society with is not a zombie or liberal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw the unrated directors cut a few days ago. In the first few minutes, when Polley falls out of her bathroom window, you can hear an "oomph" as the air is knocked out of her. Then her neighbor in shock with the pistol gets hit by the ambulance. It had my attention from that point.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
just finished it after dreaming of zombies and insurgents all night last night(seriously, I was murdering insurgents and zombies all night long in my dreams). I have a strong urge to clean all my guns and buy more and more ammo.

DOTD: The Best Documentary since Office Space
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:32:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Outstanding, dead-on review of the movie -

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=dawn_rules
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They eventually go to a mall where they're accosted by some dude with a badass handle-bar moustache; before he even says anything, you automatically know he listens to Pantera. His buddies, on the other hand, look like they drink Keystone Light and go shopping for purses.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Things to know before watching?

Keep watching through the credits!

And if I was Andy, I would have been shooting. I want to run out of ammo before I run out of food.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If this is the remake you have to watch the added features of Andy's last days and the Special Report. They are both actually better than the movie.

The movie itself has no subtext. When the smartest and most courageous person in the group is a mall security guard, you know that group not only will die, they ought to.

It is fun to watch. They do a lot of stuff I never would have done, but then I tend to use my head.

You need to watch that and 28 Days Later back to back.

Oh yeah. I forgot to add this:

www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1443
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

OMFG that is fucking funny.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If this is the remake you have to watch the added features of Andy's last days and the Special Report. They are both actually better than the movie.

I watched the credits, but only saw the Special Report, the survivors on the boat reaching the island, and How to Kill a Zombie with that HSLD guy. There wasn't anything on Andy. What gives?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Go to special features and look. It has Andy's terrifying last days.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Here's what I never understood about Andy.  Why didn't he go on the roof with a 22 and several bricks of ammo?  He should have had at least one or two dozen bricks.  That's 6,000 to 12,000 rounds.  He could have made a major dent in the crowd that way.

Of course I know the real reason. It wasn't in the script.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I watched it for the first time last night. It was a decently entertaining movie. So... did they all die at the end on the island or what?

I did have a problem with how almost all of the characters were overdramatically stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top