Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:11:54 PM EDT
Its been a while since I read it, but where the conditions before the Vets took over anything like now, or was it worse (or better). I know the revolution wasn't in the book, but maybe someone has some insight?
Midwinter
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Whenever anti-war liberals scream "CHICKENHAWK!" at pro-war people (i.e., people who support the war but because they dont enlist or volunteer to fight the war, their support is deemed invalid, hypocritical and cowardly) I think of Starship Troopers.

What are the 'chickenhawk' spurting liberals saying?  That only those who have served in the military are deemed fit to dictate policy in matters of war?  That sounds a lot like the society depicted in Starship Troopers. Are they saying the military should supercede civilian control of foreign policy and the use of force?  My guess is the idea would have been inconceivable and out of the question under any other administration.

Most servicemen support the war, and families of servicemen are a lot more likely to support the war than those who have never served nor have families in the service. Does that somehow rate as significant?  Does their personal involvement thus increase the weight of their opinion in the 'chickenhawk' liberals' view?

Of course not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top