Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 1:01:57 PM EDT
I just recently bought a Starlight "double" rifle case. I have cut the upper foam for my Rem 700 and am now debating wether it would be a good idea or not to cut the bottom foam for my SPR. Is anyone using their Starlight case with two scoped rifles and what issues have you had?

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
None, I have a scoped Colt delta and an Hk91 scoped in same case.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a Rem 700P with a AR underneath.  It's great fun running up and down the bleachers at a High School track or just running around the yard carring the case with two rifles.  Point being it's damn heavy.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two Starlights currently cut for weapons.

One holds a 20" HBAR AR and a 590A1 on a single layer, the other holds a flattop 20" AR with a bunch of goodies (bipod, detached carry handle (cut seperately for backup use, I intended to get some glass for it), sling, old-school-prism-style optical range finder and some mags, the other case holds 2 30s, 2 20s and has spaces for 4 5rd sleeves of 12ga).  Bottom layer of each is empty.

Previously, the 3 guns were in one case, but it was too damn heavy for me to lift after I tore a tendon and muscle in my shoulder (and I didnt need both ARs at the range at the same time due to both only having iron sights), so I broke the second case out of storage and threw the flattop in that one.

If you lay out the case properly, you can fit four guns in one case, but its fricken heavy.  Two definitely wont be a problem. Arrange the layers so the scope bells arent directly overtop of each other, but other than that you shouldnt have any issues.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
1776 - bravo bravo, GREAT JOB.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top