Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 6:24:41 PM EDT
It's a pretty decent show, used to catch it all the time back when it was on HBO or Showtime(forget which).   Now they are replaying the series on the networks and it's nice to get to watch the series again, the season premier tonight is the first fresh episode I've seen since I stopped getting the HBO/Showtime airings.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The movie was pretty good sci-fi.  The series limps a little, but that is just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I had no idea it was ever on any pay channels.  

It's about like Star Trek or so as far as quality goes.  I usually try to catch it.  But, hey, it's just TV.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I watch the show every sunday. Its on tv here. I just bought the box set of season 1 on DVD yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now on the series premier, one where they fight the replicators on earth inside a submarine, there is some excellent footage of them using a USAS12 shotgun.    It's just more spoonfed action to feed my hunger for seeing cool guns, first it was the A-Team and then it was the old Soldier of Fortune TV show that lasted for a whole season(two if you count "Special Ops Force") and then Stargate SG1 is the current fix.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It's on in the wee hours of Monday morning in my area, but I still enjoy watching it — a little less so recently, however, since I learned that Richard Dean Anderson is an anti-gun spokesman.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know who makes those cool sunglasses that they wear on that show?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Its nice to see Maguiver on tv again!
Overall its a decent show, it would have been even more decent if they had followed the Motion Picture closer. Atleast it gave me the chance to see a P90 being shot.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I do! they could make capt. Carter look a little more sexey. she and the doctor sure do have nice smiles [sex]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I watch the show sometimes. I just wish that anti-gun weenie Richard Dean Anderson wasn't in it. Typical Hollywood hypocrite.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I watch it religiously. BTW its on Showtime Sci Friday line-up. The Fox Network is showing episodes that are about 2-3 seasons behind. They just had a 10 episode marathon last Saturday. New season appears to be promising.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Right now on the series premier, one where they fight the replicators on earth inside a submarine, there is some excellent footage of them using a USAS12 shotgun.    It's just more spoonfed action to feed my hunger for seeing cool guns, first it was the A-Team and then it was the old Soldier of Fortune TV show that lasted for a whole season(two if you count "Special Ops Force") and then Stargate SG1 is the current fix.
View Quote

Ummm..... That is about 3 seasons behind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I figured as much.   It's been that long since I've gotten to watch the series :(

That is why I am willing to sit down and watch it now, I have no clue if the current episodes on Showtime are totally sucky or not but the older episodes that I remember watching and these newer ones seem to be pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I love the show.  Didn't like the movie at all, so I never watched the show until I saw it a friend's house and said "Hey, you know, this is damned good."
Now I watch it every week.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I think I have seen every episode.  FN P90's very cool.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to be able to see it (one season behind) on 4 different stations when I lived in San Diego and Oklahoma (cable TV). Now that I live in the "Seattle area" and have DirecTV the only way I can watch it is to pay for Showtime (I would rather have The Sopranos, Dennis Miller and Inside the NFL on HBO) or to pretend it's 1957 and use rabbit ears to try and pick it up from one of the local UHF? VHF? (the funny knob on my TV that goes from ch 14 to ch 64) stations either from Canada or local area TV.
I'll be so darn happy when my "free year" of DirecTV has ended. Then it becomes just another "target", and I can get back on cable TV!
I think the show is good for Sci-Fi, along the lines of Andromida and Earth: Final Conflict, not as good as FarScape or Deep Space Nine, better than "The Giant HilleryBeast That Ate New York".
Gotta have a pic of the chick!
[img]http://sg1.woolfden.net/multimedia/gallery/at1.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Its such a cool show!
i watched it once,
they had airsoft MP5's shooting red beams.
I decided to flick over to the spice channel, and watch two women make love.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Richard Dean Anderson is a hard core antigun...
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I enjoy the show as an exercise in self control by not throwing up or hitting the set every time Richard Anderson appears onscreen toting that MP5....
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Its such a cool show!
i watched it once,
View Quote

Airsoft MP5s shooting red beams?  Why don't I believe you.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Richard Dean Anderson is a hard core antigun...
View Quote

So what?  I doubt any of us are a Neilson family...so how the hell would Showtime know if we are watching it?  It's not like paying money to see a movie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
New season appears to be promising.
View Quote

You mean the Final Season appears to be promising.  This is the last one.  But, luckily, there's always reruns, syndication, and DVDs to tide us over.

I like the show, although some episodes are better that others.  I have to confess I have a serious thing for Amanda Tapping (Maj. Samatha Carter).  When I was in college I had a girlfriend who could be her twin sister - we're talking face, body, voice, personality, the works!  And this is the girl they were referring to when they invented the phrase "could suck a golf ball through a garden hose" so you can understand my attraction.  [:P]

Ahhhhhh, true love!  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean the Final Season appears to be promising.  This is the last one.
View Quote

Last I heard, that decision had not yet been made.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, that's a great show. Combining cool action w/ comedy w/ sci fi. My fav episode is the one where O'Neil and Teal'c get caught in the time loop-Hillarious!!!

Too bad Anderson is an antigun moron, but its not liek I'm paying to watch it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm addicted, had no idea it was a ShowTime series though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I love the show.  They just need to get rid of that gun grabber McGuyver.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its such a cool show!
i watched it once,
View Quote

Airsoft MP5s shooting red beams?  Why don't I believe you.  
View Quote

You have the I.Q of a turtle
What i meant was, They use Airsoft guns as props
but on the show they had their props and it was Edited with special affects, to make it look like the guns were shooting red beams.
Like holy shit, if they wanna use weapons that shoot beams, they should use fucking laser gun props or somthing, not mp5's
its utter gheyness
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#28]
BC, if I have the intellect of a turtle, you have the intellect of a waterbug.  They DON'T use made-up MP5s as beam weapons.  They use MP5s as MP5s.  The beam weapons they use look like either long staffs or stylized snakes.  You obviously didn't watch the damned series for more than two minutes, so stop making yourself look foolish.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
The show got picked by SciFi channel for new episodes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmmmm...I've seen the episode with MP5 prop guns shooting red beams atleast twice.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean the Final Season appears to be promising.  This is the last one.  But, luckily, there's always reruns, syndication, and DVDs to tide us over.

View Quote

According to the Showtime website this is not the final season. If it is I am sure the Sci Fi channel will pick it up where it left off. Just like Sliders(UPN), and First Wave(USA)

That last episode was kinda cheesy so I doubt they would make that the final episode of the series.

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hmmmm...I've seen the episode with MP5 prop guns shooting red beams atleast twice.  
View Quote

All I can tell you is, I've watched every episode of the last three seasons and most of the first season and I've never seen it.  The MP5s they use are MP5s, not beam weapons.
Did you perhaps see laser sights on the guns?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#34]
The episode I'm thinking of is the one where SG-1 goes to a planet used by the aliens for a training camp.  Bunch of kids running around practicing wargames in Stargate uniforms, planning to infiltrate Earth's defenses if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The episode I'm thinking of is the one where SG-1 goes to a planet used by the aliens for a training camp.  Bunch of kids running around practicing wargames in Stargate uniforms, planning to infiltrate Earth's defenses if I remember correctly.
View Quote

Ah, then what you saw was ALIEN MOCK-UPS of MP5s that were firing nonlethal beams for training.  Those aren't the weapons used by the Stargate team, as BC made it sound like, it was a one-time thing where aliens trying to imitate the Stargate teams rigged up training weapons to look like theirs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I am glad you guys figured that out.  I was about to go nuts.  I have seen all 100 episodes and didn't remember the alien training episode.  

P.S.  Lordtrader, that is what I was thinking about the last episode.  That Wormhole Xtreme crap was the worst one they have made yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top