BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/21/2017 1:36:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe someone has been watching CNBC?  Just saw it there.

Heading out right now.....to try it.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks tasty. 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View Quote
I got a gift card and may have to try it as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been told at least half a dozen times on facebook that the drink contains 40+ grams of carbs for the smallest. As if these people won't be able to control themselves afterwards and wind up on a Rascal ramming Wal Mart's pharmacy for dia-betus meds. I might give it a try, does it have caffiene?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My hands are sticky, too...but it's not from unicorn frappacinos.
View Quote

Fappuccinos?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
What sort of not-coffee abomination is this?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that a girl or a boy in the video?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What sort of not-coffee abomination is this?
View Quote
Starbucks comes up with all kinds of devious fuckery by which to torment their employees.  The people buying that garbage are just unwitting accomplices to Starbuck's primary corporate mission of making their baristas hate them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View Quote
Every review from TV or radio says it sucks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]
That idiot should use that over priced cup of liquid gay as motivation to find a real job. Something that he might actually be proud to put on a resume. Stupid drink could be the best thing that ever happened to him.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That idiot should use that over priced cup of liquid gay as motivation to find a real job. Something that he might actually be proud to put on a resume. Stupid drink could be the best thing that ever happened to him.
View Quote
Barristas actually make decent money.

My friend is one and she's making $17/hr to make coffee.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Starbucks in town ran out of these yesterday apparently.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#15]
all I hear about is how much sugar and bad stuff is in them

because Starbucks is the gold standard of healthy drinks right?

I saw some bs news story where a reporter was appalled at how nasty and full of chemicals this drink was
unlike her.... and the proceeds to rattle off her drink of choice that has probably double the amount of shit in it
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.  I made $6.39, plus "tips" (a few pennies here and there after the tip jar got evenly distributed amongst everybody, including the shitbirds who worked nothing but slack shifts and served less than a dozen customers).
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That looks tasty. 
View Quote
its looks like what I imagine a cup full of unicorn jizz to look like, maybe thats the draw??
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can she retire on that? Can she afford a house payment, car payment, and health insurance on that? Does the job allow for any further vertical development? Does it teach her a useful skill set that will go towards a career she can retire from? Just because a job gives an ok pay rate doesn't make it a good job. Now, if she's using it temporarily to pay her way through college then so be it. But I'd maintain that there are a bunch of other college level jobs that also pay in that ball park that also give you exposure to more useful experience.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

its looks like what I imagine a cup full of unicorn jizz to look like, maybe thats the draw??
View Quote
Yeah, I saw that on Facebook, too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't believe that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Minimum wage worker upset about doing minimum wage tasks?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#22]
He is a man and his job is called a "Barista."  Additionally, he makes rainbow fruity drinks.  The only exception to this rule is for bartenders.  His Man Card is permanently revoked!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#23]
That guy either got beat up to much or not enough as a kid.
Either way I feel like he kinda still needs a beating.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Is he driving a right hand drive car?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is he driving a right hand drive car?
View Quote
Front facing camera flips it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#28]
why would they not put caffeine in this
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#30]
That poor kid.  The most stressful day of his life.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who can tell anymore
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I saw some bs news story where a reporter was appalled at how nasty and full of chemicals this drink was
unlike her.... and the proceeds to rattle off her drink of choice that has probably double the amount of shit in it
View Quote
Obviously none of the people bitching about the health factor of this drink have done any research into the nutrition facts of their own super mega venti double caramel glaze frappuccino or what-the-fuck-ever kind of coffee they order.

I used to get a large mocha iced coffee with extra cream and extra sugar from Dunkin (especially when I was constipated, there is no laxative in history that powerful ) until I realized there was somewhere between 500-1000 calories in each one...

Now I skip the mocha and just get one cream and one sugar, and I'm trying to cut them out too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Can she retire on that? Can she afford a house payment, car payment, and health insurance on that? Does the job allow for any further vertical development? Does it teach her a useful skill set that will go towards a career she can retire from? Just because a job gives an ok pay rate doesn't make it a good job. Now, if she's using it temporarily to pay her way through college then so be it. But I'd maintain that there are a bunch of other college level jobs that also pay in that ball park that also give you exposure to more useful experience.
View Quote
$17.00/hour isn't bad money in a lot of the less developed portions of this country... I made less than that as a street cop starting out (and yes, I afforded rent, car payment, other bills, etc. just fine), but I did have free insurance, retirement contribution, issued work clothing and gear, and a take-home car...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#36]
To think men at age 19 have lead others into battle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't believe that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe that.
A cute girl at a busy store with tips in a major metro maybe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#38]
So, it's a milkshake?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe that.
Unless they've changed it, Starbucks baristas don't get to keep the tips they earn during their shift.  All tips from all shifts over the course of the week get put into a pile and then evenly distributed based solely on how many hours you worked that week.  So somebody who's buddybuddy with the manager and gets 40 hours of nothing but off-peak shifts gets twice as much as somebody who only worked 20 hours, but they were all morning rush shifts (for example).  It sucks/sucked.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Three snicker bars worth of sugar in one drink.

Diabetes in a cup
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks good...

If your a six year old girl in 1988..

Or a 25 year old furry freak in 2017...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#42]
OK, Ok, ok.....I made it here to my regular Starbucks.

I ordered and.....no joy.   The Barista said they were out of the mix on the first day.  They are waiting for more mix to be delivered.

So, I ordered my usual. Pike.

About 15mins later.  The Barista comes around and tells me that he just got the shipment. Would I still like to try it.  I decline.  He says that he'll give me a free sample.  OK....game on.

Warning....no caffeine.  So, children don't worry.  Except for....the "other stuff."

Review:  It's sweet (pink strawberry flavor), that blue stripe is slighty sour (way less than Sour Patch Kids), it's creamy and cold (brain freeze).  Ok, so now I'll mix up the drink.  Using my straw I incorporate the flavors.  Getting the whip cream to mix in and it turned into a creamy smooth tasty drink.  Oh yeah.....sort of like a milk shake (but I didn't see ice cream added to it) so more like an ice smoothie.

I asked the Barista about Starbuck's strategy with this drink.    After all, this is a coffee shop and there is no coffee in it.   He can't/won't comment.  That's for the higher ups, I guess.  But, it'll only be available until the end of the month.

Maybe, it's about those kids that come with their parents?

Humm....get them started early.

Anyway....it is tasty and good.  If, you're looking for a creamy smoothie sort of drink.  Way different from the coffee based frappuccino family of drinks.

As I said... it's here only for a limited time.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I need 12 unicorn frappuccino's to go please
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
$17.00/hour isn't bad money in a lot of the less developed portions of this country... I made less than that as a street cop starting out (and yes, I afforded rent, car payment, other bills, etc. just fine), but I did have free insurance, retirement contribution, issued work clothing and gear, and a take-home car...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, all that and a job that provides you with valuable work experience that you'd be proud to put on a resume. All those reasons are why your first years as a street cop were better than being a barista serving ice cold cups of butt fuck.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Obviously none of the people bitching about the health factor of this drink have done any research into the nutrition facts of their own super mega venti double caramel glaze frappuccino or what-the-fuck-ever kind of coffee they order.

I used to get a large mocha iced coffee with extra cream and extra sugar from Dunkin (especially when I was constipated, there is no laxative in history that powerful ) until I realized there was somewhere between 500-1000 calories in each one...

Now I skip the mocha and just get one cream and one sugar, and I'm trying to cut them out too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black coffee is best coffee. You'll get used to it. I did the same thing awhile back.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think it's a gay.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#48]
The strain is more than he can bear
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He is a man and his job is called a "Barista."  Additionally, he makes rainbow fruity drinks.  The only exception to this rule is for bartenders.  His Man Card is permanently revoked!
View Quote
he is on his way to get a half ton pickup truck, man card reinstated.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top