Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 6:42:28 AM EDT
Need to get rid of some Star War action figures.  Have many Orange and Green carded mint on the card figures that need to go.  Also a couple of the 12 inch figures and some odds and ends.
What is the best avenue to sell these items?  E-Bay has thousands of listings so exposure is poor.
If you have purchased items, where did they come from?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
IM sarge.

oh wait.  Never mind.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Need to get rid of some Star War action figures.  Have many Orange and Green carded mint on the card figures that need to go.  Also a couple of the 12 inch figures and some odds and ends.
What is the best avenue to sell these items?  E-Bay has thousands of listings so exposure is poor.
If you have purchased items, where did they come from?  

Well... I would say to do a good thorough job of listing them on Ebay with a item title that will ensure lots of search hits, etc., and to sell them singly rather than in one big auction.  You will almost always do better one piece at a time, but it's a lot more work.

BUT... ebay is one of the most fanatically anti-gun companies out there, as is their puppet Paypal, so I recommend you either try to sell them locally or IM me about them!  

Seriously though, if you have no moral revulsion to lining those commie scum at ebay's pockets, the approach I initially described would probably be the most profitable.  I used to buy lots of SW stuff on Ebay before I learned they were minions of the "dark side".  I refuse to deal wtih anyone who quashes legal commerce in legal products, such as AR15 slings because they are "assault weapon parts"...

As far as I know gun parts (other than receivers) are legal anywhere in the USA with no paperwork.  I also know ebay has a policy on most items where it is the responsibility of hte buyer and seller to determine legality before consummating the transaction.  

I can understand their unwillingness to allow gun sales on their site, but their stance on parts, etc. is totally wrong and they deserve to be boycotted until they rot
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
If they're mint on card, you can sell most of them for a little over what you paid for them when you originally got them. Some of the rare ones, like the Darth Vader with the removable helmet, are worth anywhere from $20-50, depending on scarcity and condition.

IM me a list of what you've got, I'll help point out the valuable ones so you can bargain for a better price on them. Then take the whole lot down to your nearest comic book store and you'll make a fortune off of them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If they're mint on card, you can sell most of them for a little over what you paid for them when you originally got them. Some of the rare ones, like the Darth Vader with the removable helmet, are worth anywhere from $20-50, depending on scarcity and condition.

IM me a list of what you've got, I'll help point out the valuable ones so you can bargain for a better price on them. Then take the whole lot down to your nearest comic book store and you'll make a fortune off of them.

That is the 1 thing you do not want to do.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 1,000 new-in-box Jar Jar binks action figures I bought on speculation thinking he would be the series' most popular character
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have 1,000 new-in-box Jar Jar binks action figures I bought on speculation thinking he would be the series' most popular character

I'll take them all!  Is $20,000 enough?  Oh god please tell me it is!

Not to thread jack, but if anyone wants to buy some Star Wars Micro-Machines pewter and bronze sets (not actually metal), and X-Ray series lemmie know.  I've got some unopened boxes in the closet.    I have all 3 sets of pewter, the larger bronze collection, all 4 packs of 2 X-Ray series, as well as the Heir to the Empire trilogy that come in "books."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top