Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 6:59:56 AM EDT
I'll admit I enjoyed the first Star Wars movie, and that it was very entertaining.  But there is just so much I can take of floating snowmobiles, laser fly swatters, and people dressed in white PVC pipe.  Now it's showing up on cereal boxes and potato chip bags.  It's a virus.  Enough already!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Star Warz Rocks. sorry, I was 6 years old when the first one came out. I have loved those movies.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I would agree but, I am oblivious to the hype. I have not seen any of the new Star Wars flicks. I most likely won't see the one coming out soon either.

Chewbacca is cool, he is about the only character that had a interesting dialect.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
JOIN THE DARK SIDE MARVL

FEEL THE POWER

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Star Wars Rules!  
I am getting sick of all the Spider-man Hype though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#5]
As long as those cereal boxes have Natalie Portman on them I could care less about the commercialization of the movie.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: As long as those cereal boxes have Natalie Portman on them I could care less about the commercialization of the movie.
View Quote

She's the only thing I like about star wars.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As long as those cereal boxes have Natalie Portman on them I could care less about the commercialization of the movie.
View Quote

She's the only thing I like about star wars.
View Quote

The swaying, jiggling breasts of a braless Carrie Fisher in her white robe during Star Wars: A New Hope beats Natalie Portman, IMO. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I read an interview waaay back when Star Wars came out an Carrie Fisher said she couldn't wear a bra cause it showed through her robe so she literally had to tape her boobs down(not just the nipples)to keep em from flyin all over the place. Woulda been great to be a fly on her dressing room wall.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll admit I enjoyed the first Star Wars movie, and that it was very entertaining.  But there is just so much I can take of floating snowmobiles, laser fly swatters, and people dressed in white PVC pipe.  Now it's showing up on cereal boxes and potato chip bags.  It's a virus.  Enough already!
View Quote

Well then change the channel , dont buy that cereal and do something else. What, ban Star Wars because one person doesnt like it, that sound familiar. If I didnt see it yesterday, I would watch it today.
GG
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

ain't it the truth though...

I was 12 when Star Wars came out and I love em.  I was always a science fiction type geek anyway.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the second movie will be better then the Phantom Menace. I dont like the title Darth Tyranus for Count Dooku though. Sounds too comic bookish.

I like Ewan McGregor as Ben Kanobi. Ewan is a great actor. Natalie Portman is too stale. Cute, but stale. Samual L. Jackson will hopefully be doing some fighting in this one.- he can really give them the shaft [:)]

As far as spidy-hype, i dont really mind that either. Spiderman was really good for a super dude flick.-also because Mary Jane was hot. my brain farted and i cant remember her name.

lib[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/stormTrooper.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I loved Star Wars when I was just a kid, but as each new episode came out, I became less enthused about the Star Wars saga, but felt I needed to see each new movie whether I felt it was good or not just because I wanted to keep with how the story goes.
The first 3 Star Wars movies were great, but when Episode 1 came out, I felt that the Star Wars movies lost their magic.
It seems funny to me watching a continuing movie saga in reversed order, then forward to the first original movie.
What is even more weird about the newer Star Wars movies is that the technology of not only the movie making is more advanced while you are watching Episode 1 and then watch Episode 4 which has older, less advanced movie making technology, but the characters and vechicles portrayed in the newer movies seem more advanced than those portrayed in the older movies which represent the future of the newer Star Wars movies(I hope that makes sense to you).

Anyways...What posseses people to camp out in front of theaters in order to try to get the first tickets to see Star Wars? It's not like the movie will be a one time showing and never be shown again. So you're the first guy in to see a movie that will be shown in theaters for months and months and be out on DVD next year...Big whoopee!

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I loved Star Wars when I was just a kid, but as each new episode came out, I became less enthused about the Star Wars saga, but felt I needed to see each new movie whether I felt it was good or not just because I wanted to keep with how the story goes.
The first 3 Star Wars movies were great, but when Episode 1 came out, I felt that the Star Wars movies lost their magic.
It seems funny to me watching a continuing movie saga in reversed order, then forward to the first original movie.
What is even more weird about the newer Star Wars movies is that the technology of not only the movie making is more advanced while you are watching Episode 1 and then watch Episode 4 which has older, less advanced movie making technology, but the characters and vechicles portrayed in the newer movies seem more advanced than those portrayed in the older movies which represent the future of the newer Star Wars movies(I hope that makes sense to you).

Anyways...What posseses people to camp out in front of theaters in order to try to get the first tickets to see Star Wars? It's not like the movie will be a one time showing and never be shown again. So you're the first guy in to see a movie that will be shown in theaters for months and months and be out on DVD next year...Big whoopee!

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

I agree. As far as technologie goes, there really is not that much difference. only style.

Thing back to the 50's and 60's as automobiles had smooth rounded styles. then in the 80's automobiles were more square and blocky.

The TIE fighter for example is a mass produced cheaply made snub-fighter. it does not have to be pretty like the Naboo starfighter, just has to be numerous and in stock. The TIE fighter is also designed to be held in storage racks for economy of space within a hanger.

The Z-95 headhunter is more stylish then the Incom X-wing. Think of the Z-95 as being from the 70's and the X-wing from the 80's. If you dont know what the Z-95 looks like, it should, IT BETTER BE in the third movie. SO SHOULD THE VICTORY CLASS STAR DESTROYER. Something that Lucasarts will probably change and earn my ire.

The walkers in the new movie looked more agile then the AT-AT in ESB. Most people point out that the AT-AT is too slow for ground assualts. From back in my SWrpg days, i think the AT-AT's top speed was around 35mph.

lib
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Cheer up folks! This the result of the world's greatest Madison Ave hype. Its probably gonna worst as more summer movies are going to be released. If there is a buck to be made Hollyweird will figure out a way to make.
May the force be with you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#15]
The sequel is going to be very good.  Especially the ending...was surprised when my friend told me what happens...

Can't wait now.  I want to see the whole thing but I really want to see it for the last fight scene...
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think the second movie will be better then the Phantom Menace. I dont like the title Darth Tyranus for Count Dooku though. Sounds too comic bookish.

I like Ewan McGregor as Ben Kanobi. Ewan is a great actor. Natalie Portman is too stale. Cute, but stale. Samual L. Jackson will hopefully be doing some fighting in this one.- he can really give them the shaft [:)]

As far as spidy-hype, i dont really mind that either. Spiderman was really good for a super dude flick.-also because Mary Jane was hot. my brain farted and i cant remember her name.

lib[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/stormTrooper.gif[/img]
View Quote

Ewan McGregor is right for the part of the young Obi-wan Kenobi. He looks like Sir Alec Guinness, the old Obi-wan. I think they're voices almost sound the same. Not bad for going from young to old in that character.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top