Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/14/2012 5:15:52 PM EDT
Do ya think there will ever be a new Star Trek show on T.V. ever again?
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No! There will never be another like the early original. Later on they started getting weird.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Enterprise showed that there was an . . . ennui with the universe.

In a few years yet I expect to see a new series based on the latest movie, with the reset of the ST universe embraced.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a few years yet I expect to see a new series based on the latest movie, with the reset of the ST universe embraced.

And I for one won't watch it. I want Borg, Janeway, Gorns and no f'ing lens flares. Not to mention I'm over 30 so it goes without saying I like the old stuff more.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
A few months ago the rumor was Micheal Dorn was trying to put together a Next Generation spinoff with Worf as the main character.

A JJ Abrams series after the next movie comes out in the spring is also a possibility.

I'm hoping Dorn gets the green-light.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I for one won't watch it. I want Borg, Janeway, Gorns and no f'ing lens flares. Not to mention I'm over 30 so it goes without saying I like the old stuff more.

Borg?  Voyager neutered the Borg.   The Borg are a bunch of pussies since Voyager butchered them.  Same for the Q.

Everything good that TNG created... Voyager turned to shit.  And then piled Neelix on top like a corn-husk cherry on a shit sundae.

The only redeeming thing about Voyager is the hilarious commentary done by Brad at sfdebris.com
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The Worf thing sounds interesting but I was thinking how cool it would be to have something set in the classic time frame (first Gen) on another ship (Lexington, Yorktown or Hornet) with a new crew.
Bring back the mini skirts and Harry Mud (Pirates), it would be sweet.
I agree, I just don't like what J.J. Abrams did with it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 hate the lens flares!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Borg?  Voyager neutered the Borg.   The Borg are a bunch of pussies since Voyager butchered them.  Same for the Q.

Everything good that TNG created... Voyager turned to shit.  And then piled Neelix on top like a corn-husk cherry on a shit sundae.

The only redeeming thing about Voyager is the hilarious commentary done by Brad at sfdebris.com

I never got in to the Voyager, or even the other one, Deep throat 9, hated them.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, but, Jeri Ryan was HOT!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I read somewhere a few months back that there is a series with the story line already done up.

All they have to do is start making it.  It is set even further in the future and it sounds like the whole Galaxy is at war!

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]
We will see another show. We're due for one. Honestly TV could use a good sci-fi dram like Next Gen.

There are SOOOOO many posibilites. Enterprise Post-Next gen.

Or as the other poster said, picking up another ship; Lexington NCC-1801A....

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#12]
J.J. Abrams ruined Star Trek

Guess they could do an Alternate universe Next Generation, Voyager, and DS9 since now, none of that ever happened.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Just not the version where Spock and Uhura are making the beast with two backs.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
My main beef with Star Trek as of late is the incredibly uninspired writing.

I imagine it goes like this....

There they are, the incredibly socially awkward writers of Star Trek sitting around a table smelling of stale Cheetos and Mtn Dew, looking a lot like a bunch of co-workers who got hammered the night before and had sex with each other with the "it just got weird" vibe in full effect when someone finally pipes up...

"How about time travel?"

Everyone else clamors on board to avoid further awkward discussion and there you have it, half of TNG, the last season or two of Enterprise and a fair amount of the movies.

The new tag line for the franchise: When in doubt, TIME TRAVEL!!!

And then the original series theme song kicks in and jazz hands.

The end.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

..yeah they sure did!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Guess they could do an Alternate universe Next Generation, Voyager, and DS9 since now, none of that ever happened.  

JJ Abrams was the best thing to happen to the Star Trek universe. He jettisoned the Roddenberry utopian crap, which was way over due now that it's not the Summer of Loving Green Chicks.

Want the ultimate poke in the eye? The Abrams reboot worked so well because it was more like Star Wars.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Wouldn't mind a series focusing on the Enterprise B or C, personally.

But it'll never happen.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I want to see something set after the Dominion War in the original, non-JJ-Abrams timeline.  I'm sick of prequels.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My main beef with Star Trek as of late is the incredibly uninspired writing.

I imagine it goes like this....

There they are, the incredibly socially awkward writers of Star Trek sitting around a table smelling of stale Cheetos and Mtn Dew, looking a lot like a bunch of co-workers who got hammered the night before and had sex with each other with the "it just got weird" vibe in full effect when someone finally pipes up...

"How about time travel?"

Everyone else clamors on board to avoid further awkward discussion and there you have it, half of TNG, the last season or two of Enterprise and a fair amount of the movies.

The new tag line for the franchise: When in doubt, TIME TRAVEL!!!

And then the original series theme song kicks in and jazz hands.

The end.

Please God no,! no more time travel!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

But it'll never happen.

IIRC, the Enterprise C was attacked and destroyed (it was part of a plot line in a TNG episode I think), and it was a turning point for Klingon/Federation relations.  I know the B was part of the Generations movie, but I don't know if there was much else written/shown past that, so there could be some space to develop a story.

I'd be cool with a series following Worf or Riker on a new ship.  DS9 didn't thrill me much, but I did enjoy Voyager.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJ Abrams was the best thing to happen to the Star Trek universe. He jettisoned the Roddenberry utopian crap, which was way over due now that it's not the Summer of Loving Green Chicks.

Want the ultimate poke in the eye? The Abrams reboot worked so well because it was more like Star Wars.

If he would have placed his movie post Voyager I would agree with you.  Him re-writing all that history is what pissed me off.  I liked the movie and am looking forward to seeing the next two.  Curious how he'll play it out.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I want to see something set after the Dominion War in the original, non-JJ-Abrams timeline. I'm sick of prequels.

Meh,

If you look at the Star Trek Online it's the same old crap. One of the "Episodes" was a copy and paste of the Dominion War.

It goes like this, The Federation and Klingon Empire is at war and The Borg is Raping the Alpha Quadrant. While all that is going on the Dominion decide to attack DS9 while the Alpha Quadrant is busy dealing with the before mentioned problems(Just like in DS9)

I quit playing after I a Lt General in the Klingon Defense Force was told to take sensitivity training on Bajor. I have some sensitivity training for you Admiral, a double tap from my disruptor pistol.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want to see something set after the Dominion War in the original, non-JJ-Abrams timeline. I'm sick of prequels.

Meh,

If you look at the Star Trek Online it's the same old crap. One of the "Episodes" was a copy and paste of the Dominion War.

It goes like this, The Federation and Klingon Empire is at war and The Borg is Raping the Alpha Quadrant. While all that is going on the Dominion decide to attack DS9 while the Alpha Quadrant is busy dealing with the before mentioned problems(Just like in DS9)

I quit playing after I a Lt General in the Klingon Defense Force was told to take sensitivity training on Bajor. I have some sensitivity training for you Admiral, a double tap from my disruptor pistol.

I am not familiar with what you're referring to, but I assume it's non-canonical.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually the enterprise b & c had some good novel story lines.  The enterprise b was in on a plan that caused the 50yr disappearance of the romulans.

My idea for a new TV series would be based either on the romulan/federation war or in the Taurus reach.

In the novels, the Borg are no more.  Janeway was assimilated as the Borg queen and killed.  Now  the federaton is in a cold war with a new alliance of all their foes.

Quoted:

Quoted:

But it'll never happen.

IIRC, the Enterprise C was attacked and destroyed (it was part of a plot line in a TNG episode I think), and it was a turning point for Klingon/Federation relations.  I know the B was part of the Generations movie, but I don't know if there was much else written/shown past that, so there could be some space to develop a story.  

I'd be cool with a series following Worf or Riker on a new ship.  DS9 didn't thrill me much, but I did enjoy Voyager.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#25]
You spelled Wars wrong, and I don't think there ever was a series    
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh,

I am not familiar with what you're referring to, but I assume it's non-canonical.

There is nothing non-canonical after the destruction of Romulus.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#27]
The guy that played Tuvok in Voyager is working on a pilot for a new series.

It's being crowdfunded on Kickstarter. They have 10 days left. The packages for contributing are pretty nice, including walk-on roles.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145553614/star-trek-renegades?ref=live

<object width="0" height="0" id="plugin0" type="application/x-dgnria" style="z-index:1000">
[div]
[div]</object>
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#28]
How about the empire from Star Wars comes in contact with a Federation star ship?
War then insures
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll get the pitchfork, you guys get the torches, let's burn this heretic
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The guy that played Tuvok in Voyager is working on a pilot for a new series.

It's being crowdfunded on Kickstarter. They have 10 days left. The packages for contributing are pretty nice, including walk-on roles.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145553614/star-trek-renegades?ref=live

<object width="0" height="0" id="plugin0" type="application/x-dgnria" style=">[div][div]</object>

Yikes!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh,

Huh?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh,

Huh?

After the last JJ Abrams abomination TOS, TNG, VYG, DS9 never happen and thus are no longer cannon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh,

Huh?

After the last JJ Abrams abomination TOS, TNG, VYG, DS9 never happen and thus are no longer cannon.

Oh, is that what he meant?  I consider it two different timelines.  Basically, the Abrams Trek is in an alternate timeline.
I didn't like the Abrams movie at all, so I prefer to just disregard it and focus on the standard timeline.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#35]
They would a seriously solid premise, top notch characters (and actors capable of carrying the role) and they need to nail it with their first pilot.

Given the amount of shite that has attached itself to the franchise, only the hardcore Trekkies would engage with it if it isn't absolutely first class. Anything less and it will be "meh, more raping and pillaging our childhood memories"
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They would a seriously solid premise, top notch characters (and actors capable of carrying the role) and they need to nail it with their first pilot.

Given the amount of shite that has attached itself to the franchise, only the hardcore Trekkies would engage with it if it isn't absolutely first class. Anything less and it will be "meh, more raping and pillaging our childhood memories"

Yeah, I agree, it wouldn't be easy, the hardest part is the cast, the plots a can change from week to week (depending on how the wind is blowing), but the cast would have to be first class and not any idiot off the street.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read somewhere a few months back that there is a series with the story line already done up.

Star Trek: Titan  It has Will Riker commanding the ship and IIRC the Vulcan Security Officer is in it as well.

Are these books you guys are talking about?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How about the empire from Star Wars comes in contact with a Federation star ship?
War then insures

There is actually a pretty good fan fiction novel with that exact premise.  It's called Unity, I think.  Available online.

The author mercilessly pummels the Federation for being a bunch of irrational pussies.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I seen this on youtube, its what got me thinking about, its a remake but its cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpfspdqGwEk&list=FLMLDYw1JKEvkaPhV_zbwryw&index=26&feature=plpp_video

sorry, my comp fu is weak!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Just sell all the rights to Disney and let them yuk it up

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
War then insures

Like This?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Of course there will be.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
War then insures

Like This?

wow!
thanks man
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I would love to see more good SciFi on TV.  I would really love to see something based in the Halo universe, something following the ODST.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
War then insures

Like This?

wow!
thanks man

No problem.  It is actually a really good bit of fan fiction.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Actually the enterprise b & c had some good novel story lines.  The enterprise b was in on a plan that caused the 50yr disappearance of the romulans.

My idea for a new TV series would be based either on the romulan/federation war or in the Taurus reach.

In the novels, the Borg are no more.  Janeway was assimilated as the Borg queen and killed.  Now  the federaton is in a cold war with a new alliance of all their foes.

Quoted:

Quoted:

But it'll never happen.

In the novels the  Borg were shown from creation to destruction as being the recreation of civilization by a couple of beings that didnt want to die after a ship from the Enterprise era found them and caused the destruction of their planet in the Delta Quadrant.  

Personally, I'd like to see both a Enterprise B series and a Titan series.  Long ago, there was talk of a DS9 movie with details of Bajor joining the Federation and Sisko's return, along with the rebuilding of both the Klingon and Cardassian Empires.  There was also talk of a Quantum Leap movie...I would have sold anyone of your kidneys to see these movies be made.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I didn't watch the enterprise series, or last ST movie. They messed with the history of Star Trek as established by the books (even if some of them were just outright stupid. Vampires? nuclear launch codes? WTF?).
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I liked the originals and next generation.  After that I didn't watch that Enterprise crap.  I thought next generation showed some good technology and good writing, especially with the Borg.  That Enterprise crap with that BS captain I didn't get into at all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top