Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 6:08:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 6:21:13 PM EST by Engineer]
St. Jude Medical CEO Detained in Indian Airport

St. Jude Medical Inc. Chairman and Chief Executive Daniel Starks was detained in India Wednesday, after a single ammunition shell was found while he traveled through the New Delhi airport, the company confirmed.

"Mr. Starks was detained by airport police on March 16 after a single shell was inadvertently left in an item of his clothing and discovered when he was traveling through the New Delhi airport,"

ETA: Here's another story link in case the WSJ link wants you to subscribe to view the story: American Arrested with Live Cartridge at Delhi Airport

Just a friendly reminder to make sure to check your pockets and luggage before you fly to another country...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:13:20 PM EST
You wouldn't believe the stuff I've found in my carry on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:14:18 PM EST
Wait... just a shell? As in a small piece of hollow brass?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:22:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Wait... just a shell? As in a small piece of hollow brass?

Live cartridge. I think it's Mexico that having a shell casing is a no-no.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:24:57 PM EST
Been there done that.

TSA found a single .40 round in my laptop case a couple of years ago.

Not a real big deal, but I did have to talk to the MAN.

Funny thing was. . . i was on a business trip and had not been armed in any way for a week or more. That round was well traveled. Just took a while to find it.

That bag had been hand checked five or six times before it showed up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:09:22 PM EST
Made a shot glass from a cut-down 25 mm shell, tried to bring it on with my carry-on, freakin TSA made me leave it at the airport.

It was clearly empty, no powder, projectile, & dimpled primer, but they deemed it 'unsafe'.

What a crock of shit.
Top Top