Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2004 12:57:59 PM EST
After reading M4's post about Bushmaster, I got this email from SA:

We have not made any changes to the M1A line yet. You may want to check back in about 30 days.

Thanks,

Brandy
Customer Service Department
Springfield Incorporated
420 W Main Street
Geneseo, Illinois 61254
800-680-6866

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 8:36 AM
To: Sales
Subject: Assault Weapon Ban Sunset

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was just writing you today to find out when Springfield Armory would be offering the fine M-1A semi-automatic rifle with a bayonet lug. I've waited 5 years to buy one, because I would like to own an M-1A, and be able to affix a bayonet to it. As the ban on bayonet lugs just expired, it is now legal for the M-1A to have a bayonet lug.

Just wondering. Thank you for your time.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:01:35 PM EST
I think people need to get a damn grip. The ban has barely been lifted for 48 hours and its almost like some people expect the streets to be flooded with full featured guns.

Calm down.. give it a bit of time.. all good things come in time. After all, I highly doubt that a bayonet lug is really going to change your life at this exact moment.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:01:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 1:05:05 PM EST by RenegadeX]
M1A could have always had a bayo lug. It has no pistol grip, which is usually the one feature most go with. 5 years wasted. Bummer. You could have installed it yourself long ago.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:02:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 1:03:14 PM EST by JHP]
go to Fulton Armory - you can get a Flash Hider w/ Bayo lug....best of all it is ON SALE

You can get a pistol grip collapsing sage stock too.

quit your crying and adapt to the situation...move out soldier.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:03:31 PM EST
Exactly.
Just buy the parts yourself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:08:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By RenegadeX:
M1A could have always had a bayo lug. It has no pistol grip, which is usually the one feature most go with. 5 years wasted. Bummer. You could have installed it yourself long ago.

nope welll now he can but back then he couldnt since it read a gun capable of taking a detachable magazine with 2 or more of a the following, A bayonet luh and flashhider/suppressor would have been at the limit.
but hey now it doesnt matter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:10:01 PM EST

I think people need to get a damn grip. The ban has barely been lifted for 48 hours and its almost like some people expect the streets to be flooded with full featured guns.

I think it's fair - we've been promised by Feinstein, Schumer, Brady, etc. exactly that! So where are they?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:15:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By cyrax777:
nope welll now he can but back then he couldnt since it read a gun capable of taking a detachable magazine with 2 or more of a the following, A bayonet luh and flashhider/suppressor would have been at the limit.
but hey now it doesnt matter.

I guess it depends on what model you buy. The SOCOM 16 is a muzzle brakes, while the National Match is a flash suppressor. My bad, I thought they ALL were muzzle brakes. Still could done it on the SOCOM 16 though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:17:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 1:18:37 PM EST by RenegadeX]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:20:55 PM EST
Where is the lack of balls? There was no guarantee(sp) that the ban was going to sunset. If it hadn't Springfield would have been left holding a bunch of flash surpressors that they wouldn't be able to sell.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:22:57 PM EST
Actually, I'd rather they work on their quality control than a bayonet lug.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:46:12 PM EST
Thats nothing I was like yeah I'm going to buy some good 20rounders for my M1A and contacted them there still 90.00 wtf
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:56:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By ColtShorty:

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:03:34 PM EST
Guys, I know we have all been pent up for the last 10 years. It will take some time to get into the pipeline. I have an M1A and I'm happy to have the flash hider and really don't care if it has a bayonet lug or not.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:05:50 PM EST
I'm just sayin'.

Bushmaster has their "evil black rifles" all eviled out the first day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:14:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Valkyre:
I'm just sayin'.

Thanks for the sig.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:17:31 PM EST

I'm just sayin'.

Good point. And some funny shit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:21:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:

I'm just sayin'.

Thanks for the sig.

Awesome.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:24:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By ChiefPilot:

I think it's fair - we've been promised by Feinstein, Schumer, Brady, etc. exactly that! So where are they?

No kidding! We were promised Tech-9s, AK-47s, and Uzis all over the streets. I've yet to see one in the street. Or in the local gun store, for that matter. They do have some post-ban Bushys, though...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:27:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By mrphelps:

But the media and anti's promised that the full-featured guns would flood the streets immediately!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:27:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By MiG-21:

Originally Posted By ColtShorty:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:31:08 PM EST
I wasn't really saying that Sprinfield has no balls, I like them and all.

I was just refrencing to M4's post.

Sorry if I offened anyone with my witty banter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:44:12 PM EST

I'm just sayin'.

Bushmaster has their "evil black rifles" all eviled out the second day.

Fixed.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:47:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By jmboom:
Thats nothing I was like yeah I'm going to buy some good 20rounders for my M1A and contacted them there still 90.00 wtf

Cole distributing, my friend. $31 for USGI.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:01:15 PM EST
If you plan on installing a FS yourself for an M1A I recommend that you purchase a National Match version. The National Match version is taper reamed allowing you much more versatility in the case of suppressor and barrel mismatch, which happens most of the time. Believe me you don't want to start grinding on the barrel crown. See Kuhnhausen's book, it's great.
Top Top