Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/22/2003 4:07:43 PM EDT
I have decided to change from my Browning BDM to the Glock 30 pistol for CCW. No one locally had a 30 in stock but offered to order one for $700. There is no way in hell I’m paying that much for a Glock, I found one in stock at Sportsmans Warehouse for $498 with night sights, it was their last one left and was the display model, I was assured it was in perfect condition so I requested they hold it for me to pick up. My wife had the day off today so she drove the 120 miles to their store. (Here’s the background on my wife: she carries concealed, is VERY knowledgeable about firearms and can field strip any pistol on the planet.) Upon arrival she was treated very poorly to say the least. She paid the $498 for the Glock and left. When she got in the car she checked it out in the sunlight and noticed the slide scratched up and holster wear in the usual spots, next she found a tag on the Glock box saying “refurbished non-LE” She called me to see what she should do, I instructed her to take it back, when she did they didn’t feel it was a big deal misleading customers. I may be anal about this but I would have NO faith in a carry pistol with unknown origins, for all I know this was a pistol that had blown up and was rebuilt. I spent a little under $4000 dollars at the Sportsmans Warehouse last year and I will NEVER step foot there again. The $498 sale price was an average price for a new glock, not for a refurb. Beware buying anything there. Generic
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:15:18 PM EDT
First off dealer cost on the Glock 30 is $474, unless it is an LE dealer. We were selling new 30's for $519 Refurbished by Glock are PD trade ins that are gone through at the factory, brought back to factory specs with the exception of finish. For $498 you were expecting a NEW Glock 30 WITH Nite Sites? I for one would have asked a lot of questions, as that is a $600 gun brand new. FWIW, Sportsman's doesn't always hire the brightest bulb for the gun section. Enjoy your gun, you got a good deal, IMO
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:25:38 PM EDT
Someone else will be enjoying the 30, it has been returned to the store. I don't know dealer cost's but thought $498 WAS a good deal for a new one, EVERY other glock they had was under $500 I didn't feel this one would be any different.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:30:14 PM EDT
the Glock .45's, 10mm's and compensateds start at about $519 or so at SW for new. $479 is where most of the std 9mm, .40, and .357 sig start.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:34:22 PM EDT
I would have been happy to pay $519 for a NIB model. After looking you can find refurbs for $399 by doing a search at glocktalk. If the employees would just be up-front with you and tell you it's a refurb fine but don't try to pass it of as new.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:40:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Generic: I have decided to change from my Browning BDM to the Glock 30 pistol for CCW. SNIP
View Quote
Why are you moving away from the BDM? I'm considering using mine in place of my G27.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:47:14 PM EDT
My BDM has been great as far as reliability, mag capacity and concealability. It was a little small in the grip area for my larger hands, I shot the glock a little better, the glocks a .45 :) and the glock may be a little lighter. And the final answer, I sold the BDM for a great profit!! :) If you are interested in a couple of factory like new hi-caps and some new factory 10 round mags let me know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:12:32 PM EDT
I'm on the small side 5'8'' 165# and the BDM is the only full-size Hi-Cap I can conceal Would you mind telling me what you got for it? I may have found a ANIB one and would like to be in the zone if I make an offer. What do you want for the HiCap Mags?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:23:13 PM EDT
I sold the pistol without any mags or box for $450 and had been carried for 2 years every day. I bought the pistol 3 years ago for $375 with one hi-cap mag. The hi-cap mags I've seen have been going for close to $100 ea. since they aren't as common as a ruger or beretta hi-cap. I'd take $75 ea. shipped. The 10 round mags have been going for $20. FYI a galco berretta 92 holster will give a snug fit to a bdm.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:12:10 PM EDT
I have 2 10's and 3 Hi-caps...I need to see what the new one has before I take you up on 1. Did yours have any frame to slide looseness?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:54:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:10:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: hope yours doesn't kb. mike
View Quote
Mike, OK, I'll bite...Why did you say that?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:16:33 PM EDT
cause EVERYBODY knows glocks blowup by just looking at them[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:45:49 PM EDT
But we were talking BROWNINGS... FYI there is another Glock KB story going on in a different thread. 3 KB in 1 PD, I smell a rat. What are the odds of 3 at the same time?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:56:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By W-W: But we were talking BROWNINGS... FYI there is another Glock KB story going on in a different thread. 3 KB in 1 PD, I smell a rat. What are the odds of 3 at the same time?
View Quote
I smell bad ammo, can we say overpressure.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:16:23 PM EDT
Buying a Glock is being anti-gun. The Brady's, the VPC, the Batfe, thank you in advance for your supporting their causes of Ballistic Fingerprinting, Registration, and Licensing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:23:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Silence: Buying a Glock is being anti-gun. The Brady's, the VPC, the Batfe, thank you in advance for your supporting their causes of Ballistic Fingerprinting, Registration, and Licensing.
View Quote
Actually, they won't. But feel free to believe what you want.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:25:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Silence: Buying a Glock is being anti-gun. The Brady's, the VPC, the Batfe, thank you in advance for your supporting their causes of Ballistic Fingerprinting, Registration, and Licensing.
View Quote
I had my Glock before they stepped in it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2003 8:52:01 PM EDT by Phased_Plasma]
Originally Posted By Generic: ...And the final answer, I sold the BDM for a great profit!! :)
View Quote
And you took back the Glock, so what are you carrying now?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2003 9:45:48 PM EDT by deadeye47]
Friends don't let friends buy glocks.... and whats the deal with it being ok for you to make a great profit but a dealer can't??? [rolleyes] P.S New is NEW and Refurbished is NOT.... The jerks....can't blame ya there..
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:55:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Phased_Plasma:
Originally Posted By Generic: ...And the final answer, I sold the BDM for a great profit!! :)
View Quote
And you took back the Glock, so what are you carrying now?
View Quote
I'm using my USP .45F and my P7M8 until I can find another glock 30.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:58:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By deadeye47: whats the deal with it being ok for you to make a great profit but a dealer can't??? [rolleyes]
View Quote
I have NO PROBLEM with dealers making money, where did I say anything close to that??[rolleyes] Hell if they would of had a NEW one without night sights for $600 I would have bought it, I just don't like the bait and switch like car dealers pull to get you in the store.
Top Top