Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/8/2012 11:25:16 AM EST
Went today to look at gun shit.......damn, they had all kinds of shit. They even had a scar. But no M14's handguns out the ass ...racks where packed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:30:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By tooly:
Went today to look at gun shit.......damn, they had all kinds of shit. They even had a scar. But no M14's handguns out the ass ...racks where packed.

The few in our city quit selling guns after 2 young men ran out with two guns and after being chased by police, one shot himself with it few hours later.

They had nice selection i recall.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:47:01 AM EST
Where are you located at? No firearms in FL for many years, probably at least 15 years.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:51:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/8/2012 11:51:50 AM EST by DragoMuseveni]
Dick's > Sports Authority

I don't even know how the local Sports Authority pays the electric, they are always empty and sell nothing in the way of firearms.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:52:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

I don't even know how the local Sports Authority pays the electric, they are always empty and sell nothing in the way of firearms.

So you prefer dicks?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:57:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By MarkNH:

So you prefer dicks?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:00:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By MarkNH:

So you prefer dicks?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkizzthFdM1qc6lt6.jpg

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:02:14 PM EST
Dicks are much better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:06:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
Where are you located at? No firearms in FL for many years, probably at least 15 years.

The location in Tallahassee sells rifles- there were a couple of ARs on the rack the last time I was there (a year ago).

The Sports Authority stores in GA suck ass. I worked at The Sports Authority at a location south of Atlanta from 2001-2003, and it was a great place to buy guns- especially with the employee discount. The arrival of Galyan's/Dick's took most of their business, and the only stores that survived in metro Atlanta stopped selling guns around 2004-2005, IIRC. Now, Academy and Wal Mart rule the chain store gun sales. Even Bass Pro and Dick's can't compete.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:06:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/8/2012 12:07:53 PM EST by sel366]
Originally Posted By all4bao:
Dicks are much better.

ETA- Back in the day Sports Authority was my go to place for ammo. WWB $3.99/50.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:12:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By sel366:
Originally Posted By all4bao:
Dicks are much better.

ETA- Back in the day Sports Authority was my go to place for ammo. WWB $3.99/50.

Here in AZ they tend to have well stocked shelves. They even had ammo in 08 when no one did. Seems like a lot of people forgot they sold gun stuff.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:21:54 PM EST
I would be very surprised to see an "M14" for sale at Sports Authority, or any chain for that matter.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:22:34 PM EST
I used to work for The Sports Authority. We stopped selling long guns at my store around 2002 and hand guns a few years before that. I'm surprised they're still in business at all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:36:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By bco175:
I would be very surprised to see an "M14" for sale at Sports Authority, or any chain for that matter.

They aren't a normal item as they are pretty difficult to keep stocked, but they have been special ordered quite a bit.
And the OP has to be in Alaska if he saw handguns. They are the only ones at the moment to carry them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:54:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By Snorkel_Bob:

They aren't a normal item as they are pretty difficult to keep stocked, but they have been special ordered quite a bit.
And the OP has to be in Alaska if he saw handguns. They are the only ones at the moment to carry them.

Ya, ours doesn't sell handguns, but does have a selection of long guns.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:44:06 PM EST

In texas now....

Like a year ago they had one...the first time I ever held one!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:50:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gilly:
I used to work for The Sports Authority. We stopped selling long guns at my store around 2002 and hand guns a few years before that. I'm surprised they're still in business at all.

This store is always crowded....but today holly shit, the gun counter was packed...it was like they where giving shit away. They had over 6 different ar's the scar...all kinds of shotguns "even the chainsaw from mossberg" had tons of glocks/sigs/m&p's/92's even had that 22 that looks like a 1911 by sig. they even had guns not lock up just sitting right in front of the racked locked up weapons...I was shocked. place is cool I got my g19 from them.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:59:49 PM EST

This store is always crowded....but today holly shit, the gun counter was packed...it was like they where giving shit away. They had over 6 different ar's the scar...all kinds of shotguns "even the chainsaw from mossberg" had tons of glocks/sigs/m&p's/92's even had that 22 that looks like a 1911 by sig. they even had guns not lock up just sitting right in front of the racked locked up weapons...I was shocked. place is cool I got my g19 from them.

Which store in Texas were you at?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:05:45 PM EST

Which store in Texas were you at?

The one down the block from the parks mall....in arlington why you in texas?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:26:26 PM EST
The DIck's around here are...well....Dicks
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:43:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By GetOffMyLawnChair:

The store did me good....ordered a 590A1 they got it for me, and at a good price to.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:46:37 PM EST
Sports Authority AND walmart stopped selling rifles and shotguns years ago in my area. Too many hoodrats.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:50:20 PM EST

Yea I was surprised when I went into Sports Authority after a number of years and there was no gun department at all.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:16:25 PM EST

I was checking out handguns in the SA in Columbia, SC just yesterday. They had a very good selection of firearms and shooting related products. I was surprised.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:31:30 PM EST
Ours don't have shit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:33:22 PM EST

What...ain't in Alaska...i'm in texas. Are you talking about handguns?, if so....they had tons in stock.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:33:32 PM EST

Your SA had a Scar?

Lol, I don't even think the one here carries pellet guns. They used to have rifles/handguns.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:34:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By grayparatrooper:
Ours don't have shit.

really....are you close to arlington? If so...go tomorrow if ya get a chance....you'll shit a brick.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:36:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By Beltfed:

Your SA had a Scar?

Lol, I don't even think the one here carries pellet guns. They used to have rifles/handguns.

Yup...$1,900 it was the "tan / earth color.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:55:14 PM EST

What...ain't in Alaska...i'm in texas. Are you talking about handguns?, if so....they had tons in stock.

Sorry man,
Not sure what store you were in, but we don't carry handguns in any of our stores outside of Alaska right now. And our Arlington store does not have a SCAR, and I have never even heard of one of our stores special ordering one either.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:45:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By GetOffMyLawnChair:

The store did me good....ordered a 590A1 they got it for me, and at a good price to.

Did the store that "did you good" take food stamps "too"?
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:48:52 PM EST
The Sports Authority here went out of business a long time ago. They put their guns on sale at 25-40% off. They had a Beretta 686 O/U that was knocked off a ton. I looked at it and it had a scratched trigger so I made them an offer for about 1/2 the sale price and the manager lady said "OK. Walked out with a new Beretta 686 O/U in 12 gauge for $499+tax. Just about the best firearm deal I ever got on a new one.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:47:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By NathanL:
The Sports Authority here went out of business a long time ago. They put their guns on sale at 25-40% off. They had a Beretta 686 O/U that was knocked off a ton. I looked at it and it had a scratched trigger so I made them an offer for about 1/2 the sale price and the manager lady said "OK. Walked out with a new Beretta 686 O/U in 12 gauge for $499+tax. Just about the best firearm deal I ever got on a new one.

Ya there was a few stores that cleared everything out in firearms. For some reason they did not want to transfer existing stock out. Some amazing deals to be had. Quite a few high end guns went really cheap. I even sold through a few expensive Merkel side by side shotguns when we had them. Was pretty crazy

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:49:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/15/2012 2:50:19 PM EST by capnrob97]

The ones here have some rifles and shotguns, no hand guns though
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:16:42 PM EST
Years ago the local sports authority carried firearms and ammunition. I went in recently to see what they had, and they no longer sold them. The store was practically empty too.

Coincidence? I like to think so
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:25:44 PM EST

I'll back you up on that!

That Sports Authority on Arbrook is STACKED with guns
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:31:04 PM EST

SA in Melbourne has guns, albeit a meager selection of "fudd" guns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:31:09 PM EST

Last time I was down in Spring Hill(2 years?) the SA had a bunch of rifles.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:06:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By PugglePod9000:

I'll back you up on that!

That Sports Authority on Arbrook is STACKED with guns

Just like I said.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:09:49 PM EST
Sports Authorty stores in NOVA appear to have no firearms at all (at least my local one had none).
Top Top