Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 6:49:44 PM EDT
I am stuck on the Kalinitek level. I get al the way through the level, complete all the objectives, talk to Ivan, and wipe out the guys in the contruction yard. When I get up to the roof where the Osprey is waiting for me, the damn thing won't pick me up. I am completely stuck. Everybody is dead, and I can just stand under the helicopter. The level never ends. I have tried older save files and it still won't trigger the end of the mission.

What's up? Do I have to do something to get the thing to pick me up?
tony
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't played the game yet but when I have a problem like that, I look to game's website for  software patches.  If that doesn't work, I check the Internet for tips and walk-thru guides to see what I am doing wrong.  IGN.com is a good site to check out for tips and walk-thru guides.  By the way, sometimes downloading a patch will reset your game, meaning you won't be able to pick up where you left off.  That happened to me with Soldier of Fortune II.  Good luck with your problem.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
I have tried all of the walkthrough websites, and they say that you just walk toward the heli to end the mission.
I think there is something wrong, because there is supposed to be a cutscene that I never see.
tony
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
In the Gamecube version it does trigger the end of mission when you get up to the Osprey level. I recall having a game hangup before. IIRC replaying the mission from the start took care of it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the X-Box version, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was, but I had a similar problem.

Are you sure you picked up anything you had to bring out with you, or destroyed something that needed to be? It may not be a matter of killing everyone, as the game is SPECIFICALLY NOT about that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I replayed the entire level and it did the same thing. The only requirement on my OPSEC is got to extraction. From reading on the walkthroughs, there is supposed to be a cutscene where they guy with the glasses gets killed. I am never seeing that, so I think that is what keeps the game from ending.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until GTA: San Andreas comes out.
tony

PS. Zaphod, I hoped you would see this. You have got to be a SC junkie.
t.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm it worked ok for me on xbox.  I haven't played it in awhile.  But yeah small things can change the whole outcome.  I remember being stuck forever on an earlier level.

Heres a walkthrough you probably read..but whatever.

Infiltrate Kalinatek

You start up in a parking lot. Take out the two guards. Just wait for one to patrol the back area. Enter the office and get the Medical Kit. Pass through the door next to the office. Go up the stairs. Before you emerge from the door, let the 2 guards finished talking. When the guard on the left leaves, grab the guy on the right, drag him into the staircase and knock him out. Take out the next guards, which might be tough. If you’re spotted, go down the first staircase and break out your sniper. Zoom in with your scope near the office and you should be able to pick both of them off. When you’re done, climb through the opening on the right side of the wall. Jump to the set of hanging boxes and climb across the length of the crane’s arm. When you’ve fall to the next structure, turn around and jump to the building. Walk over to the small chimney and rappel the wall. Once you’re on the glass roof, go to the end and shoot a hole through one pane. Fall in. Kill the guard through the automatic doors and enter.

Disarm the bomb

Go through the office. When you find a dark room, enter the vent that is broken open. The narrow part on the right has a Medical Kit. It’s at the end on the wall. Enter the elevator. Stay in the elevator, creeping out of the opening slowly without emerging completely. When the lights come on and a fighting emerges, get back in the elevator. Snipe at the enemies from here. Continue down the hall and you’ll encounter two more guards. Without getting spotted, take these two out sniper style. Go into the burning room to the two hostages, but watch out for the wall mines. Approach the mines slowly and press A when the light blinks green. Run down the hall to the left and input the code 33575. Just before the fire, there’s a door on the right, which is trapped by mines. Run into the room quickly, just haul @$$ through all of the subsequent rooms since all of them are booby-trapped. When you get to the hall, you’ll encounter the Archives room, which is locked. Pick it and enter. Climb the file cabinet and defuse the bomb on the other side.

Restore power to the Fire Door Circuit

Leave the bomb room and head left. There will be two guards. Snipe the one at the base of the stairs from a distance. When the other guard emerges, quickly nail him too. Go behind the auditorium for a cut scene. Quickly set wall mines at the top of the stairs for a few easy kills. Back off a bit and open fire to get the rest of the scum. Go downstairs and get the items off of the table. Flip the switch on the wall.

Open the Fire Doors surrounding Ivan

When you come upstairs there will be a enemy in the upper seating. Snipe him before he can do any damage. Go up the staircase on the right and enter 1250 as your code. Kill the two enemies with your rifle who are in the room straight ahead on the second floor. Talk to the fallen NPC in the second room on the left. Pick him up and drop him at the infirmary. Kill the guard that comes to the infirmary entrance and talk to the fallen NPC again. Turn the corner and walk slowly past the enemy in the room on the left. Take him out with a headshot and check the computer to open the Fire Doors.

Find Ivan before the Russians and take his Encryption Key

Proceed through the opened door. Go up the stairs and open the door. Snipe the two enemies in the next room. Head into the bathroom and get into the vent. Kill the guard harassing Ivan. Talk to him. Leave him. Take the elevator up.

Go to extraction

There will be three guards ready to attack you when you’ve get off the elevator. Shoot them quickly. Go to the right side towards the guards; proceed to the last room. Get on the crates and get on top of the wall to the right. Once you’ve get to the other side, fall and proceed. You’ll encounter two more enemies. Kill them off quickly. The next room you’ll find three more guards. Go up a second set of stairs and turn left. Kill some more guards in a blue corridor. Turn the corner and you’ll see two doorways. Go in the second one and haul some arse. Some mines will soon explode. Kill another guard and you’ll be outside. Kill a few more guards and you’ll come to a cutscene. Now snipe the two enemies straight ahead and to the right of the opening. The three of them are in the red catwalks. When they’re dead, ascend the catwalks up to the chopper to complete the mission.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
PS. Zaphod, I hoped you would see this. You have got to be a SC junkie.
t.

Not as much as you might think, but not because I don't like it. Some of it grabs me, some doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Yopu never mentioned what platform...

on the xbox, when you round the "u" in the rain (after the construction) and you're approaching the exfilt area (with the scaffolding & the 2 BG's shooting @ the osprey) - you should see jonesy (or WTF his name is - the redheaded support guy you met at the intro) get shot by the BG's. That's the cutscene.

BTW - shoot the lights in the security office, then turn them off. The BG's will pause, and say "what the hell?" - good shot op.

running through the metal detectors will attract the BG's for that area.

You can also enter the darkened room by picking the lock.

In the auditorium, place your wall mines at the top of the stairs - then walk around behind the podiumto the other side - do a drop-and-hang at the ledge over the stairs. It will trigger the cutscene, and thus the BG's miving towards you. Hoist yourself up, and wit. The 2 BG's will run up the stairs, oblivious to the BEEP BEEP BEEP of the mines. BOOM! toasted BG. Then go downstairs, and you should be able to pop the BG in the back of the head by looking betwwen the wall and the first HVAC unit.

You can headshot the BG in the server room between the bulletproof glass panes.

Don't forget to take the encryption key.

Forget "run fast", except when deactivating the gas line bomb. If you sneak up and take/deactivate the mines, you can place them to your advantage to blow up some russki mafiosos at your discretion...

As you're exiting the building on the roof - if you shoot the lights, the BG's wil investigate. You can drop them one at a time, or lure them into a mine killing field you've set up using salvaged mines.

Not that I've played it a bunch - just don't ask the wife
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top