Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 5:18:43 AM EST
... only in Kalifornistan... [url]www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/05/15/spitball.crime.reut/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:29:25 AM EST
How pathetic can our court system get? I guess they have nothing better to do then to convict 13 year olds on felony charges while the real felonys go free. Where are the liberal now?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:17:54 AM EST
"assault with a deadly weapon" for shooting a spitball??? Gimme a fuckin' break, who charged this kid? What's worse is he was convicted on a couple of the felony charges! Jake
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:21:02 AM EST
The victim required surgery. For that reason it doesnt matter if it as as spit ball or a blowgun dart. He shot another kid in the eye causing serious injury.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:30:39 AM EST
This garbage is getting completely out of hand. A spit ball is now a deadly weapon? Only in California....for now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:30:57 AM EST
The schools these days are totally out of control. WTF are the courts thinking too! Giving these lads a felony conviction is horrible. Seems to me that making them do community service would be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:39:08 AM EST
A felony for throwing a spitball? Now I've heard everything. When I was in high school, one of my teachers told us the first day of class that when [b]he[/b] was a kid, one of his classmates shot a paperclip with a rubber band and put a kid's eye out. He told us that if he ever saw one of us shoot a paper clip, we would be expelled immediately. However, there was no mention of spitballs. They only warranted a "knock it off!" (That was when kids still respected the teacher and would cease immediately. At least until later.)
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:50:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By AR15fan: The victim required surgery. For that reason it doesnt matter if it as as spit ball or a blowgun dart. He shot another kid in the eye causing serious injury.
View Quote
Then have the kid foot the bill (or his parents). Seems a bit much sending the kid to jail...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:19:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/16/2002 8:23:01 AM EST by 5150BRY]
Holy shit this crap is really getting way out of hand. The boy was just screwing around he didn't mean to hurt nobody and I'm sure that buy now he has learned his lesson! Our country is going down hill do to this type of shit!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:58:14 PM EST
Pretty soon the stupid FCKS are gonna classify "spitballs" as AOW's and DD's.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:14:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/16/2002 6:15:27 PM EST by NOVA5]
hehe i have a little bit of Deja Vu here.. posted it earlier. the kid did use a gum wrapper, probably tin foil(guess it wasnt enought for a hat). wadded it up and shot it. at least we used paper. which when wet and wadded was pretty soft. tin isnt as forgiving. kid/parents of kid should pay for medical bills. mabey give the kid a bit of community service. but JAIL? wtf do these kalicommies want to do? let bubbas little bro have at him? [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=117299[url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:18:32 PM EST
Was it a Pre or Post ban spitball? Time to tactical nuke the fault line and let Cali float away........
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:24:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/16/2002 6:25:19 PM EST by Sewer_Urchin]
You people just don't understand. This kid has had a past history of violent behavior. He got what he deserved. The article does not mention it, but the straw that the spit wad was fired from was 6 inches long, well below the PRK minimum for barrel length, thus making it an assault straw. Plus the wad itself was inlaid with foil and is considered armor piercing. _________________________ Eventually, everything East of the San Andreas Fault will tumble into the Atlantic Ocean.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:21:32 PM EST
im gonna start sellin preban spitballs on the EE, you cali guys better get on it quick. for a bit extra they come pre moistend!!
Top Top