Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2010 9:42:44 PM EDT
Got a speeding ticket today in an area of CO known as South Park which is in Alma/Fairplay.

Everyone knows not to speed through these towns as it's one big speed trap. I was at the end of town and just passed the last 30 mph sign. The next sign was about 75 yards away and read 65 mph so I started to accelerate and then saw the flashing lights. 45 in a 30.

So lame.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
did the cop tell you to respect his authoritah?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
this is such a cool story bro. jk.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn beaten to the Barbrady
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Should'a know I'd be too slow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
did the cop tell you to respect his authoritah?

He introduced himself as the chief of police. He was rocking some tight, faded black
carharts. His name was not Barbrady.    

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got a speeding ticket today in an area of CO known as South Park which is in Alma/Fairplay.

Most Everyone knows not to speed through these towns as it's one big speed trap. I was at the end of town and just passed the last 30 mph sign. The next sign was about 75 yards away and read 65 mph so I started to accelerate and then saw the flashing lights. 45 in a 30.

So lame.

It does suck, and I'm not saying that it's right, but you had plenty of warning.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Did officer Barbrady cite you?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most Everyone knows not to speed through these towns as it's one big speed trap. I was at the end of town and just passed the last 30 mph sign. The next sign was about 75 yards away and read 65 mph so I started to accelerate and then saw the flashing lights. 45 in a 30.

So lame.

It does suck, and I'm not saying that it's right, but you had plenty of warning.

I know. Having driven through park county at least 100 times I know better. It just pisses me off because I was going the speed limit through the entire town as i always do. I was maybe 45 yards from the 65 mph sign and wasn't even really thinking.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So lame.

I know. Having driven through park county at least 100 times I know better. It just pisses me off because I was going the speed limit through the entire town as i always do. I was maybe 45 yards from the 65 mph sign and wasn't even really thinking.  

I guess next time you'll have to show a bit more "respect" for the proper "authoritayy"

Really though, I can't tell you how many times I've been lucky and seen either the guy in front or behind me get pulled over.  That climb over Hoosier really gets your foot used to being on the gas.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#11]
move along folks, nothing to see here!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#12]
isn't that someplace between boulder and longmont on the diagnol highway?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
isn't that someplace between boulder and longmont on the diagnol highway?

No. It's south of Breckenridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top