Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/27/2014 8:34:32 AM EDT
The ongoing thread about the guy who had an uninvited meth-head come waltzing in his house last night got me to thinking . . .

We recently moved to another bedroom in our home to better accommodate my son and I've yet to figure out exactly how I want to secure an HD handgun in our new room. I have a nice, corner safe bolted into a closet in our walk-in closet, but it's not ideally-located, so I'm thinking about my options for having a handgun within arm's reach, at all times.

Now, we sleep on a California King mattress inside our old waterbed frame. The frame has a big headboard with an open space underneath where a small safe could be mounted . . . if it were of the right design.

I'm wondering if there are safes out there which don't have a swinging door, but more of a drop-down bottom - preferably coming down flat, if possible. I figure one that's about a foot wide could bolt up, into the nook that's under the headboard - out of sight.

Anyone know if such a thing exists?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:35:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:52:06 PM EDT
Hahahahaaaaa!!!!

That's pretty slick - but not quite what I had in mind!

Hmmm . . . . still, I wonder if a mod like that would be possible. Hell. If so, I'd put an AR in there and to hell with the pistol!

Thanks!
Top Top